Rumour Has It: Man Utd boss Ten Hag keen on Chelsea's Ziyech but faces resistance

By Sports Desk August 13, 2022

Manchester United's transfer market activity appears to be getting increasingly desperate.

The English giants have added only Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez to their first team in this window.

United have been linked with a host of other players but missed out, including Benjamin Sesko, while no deal has transpired despite their attempts to sign Frenkie de Jong.

TOP STORY – MAN UTD BOSS TEN HAG KEEN ON ZIYECH

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has identified Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech as a target, according to the Manchester Evening News.

However, United's hierarchy are not convinced and have offered resistance to the Dutchman's plans to sign the Moroccan, whom he worked with previously at Ajax.

United have been priced out of their move for Ajax's Antony, and Ten Hag views Ziyech as a good alternative.

ROUND-UP

– SPORT1 claims Bayern Munich will attempt to bring Kai Havertz to the club from Chelsea. The Germany international, who moved to Chelsea from Bayer Leverkusen two years ago, is seen as someone who can offset Robert Lewandowski's departure.

– Juventus are still keen on Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Leandro Paredes, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Bianconeri are ready to swoop once Adrien Rabiot's move to Manchester United is sealed.

– The Athletic reports Newcastle United may target Chelsea's United States international Christian Pulisic.

– West Ham have entered the race for Barcelona's Memphis Depay, submitting a "big-money" offer to the Blaugrana, according to Football Insider.

Related items

  • No Ronaldo move for Bayern Munich after Man Utd exit, stresses CEO Kahn No Ronaldo move for Bayern Munich after Man Utd exit, stresses CEO Kahn

    Free agent Cristiano Ronaldo will not be joining Bayern Munich, says chief executive officer Oliver Kahn, despite acknowledging "we all love" the forward.

    Portugal captain Ronaldo will be on the hunt for a new club after his exit from Manchester United, which has come less than 18 months after his return to Old Trafford.

    With the attacker's focus firmly on the World Cup, his next steps are not yet known, though that has not stopped him from being linked to a slew of leading sides across the globe.

    One club he will not be headed to, however, is Bayern, with Kahn reiterating there is no place for Ronaldo in the make-up of Julian Nagelsmann's team.

    "We have already dealt with this [speculation]," Kahn told Sky Sport Germany. "We have a clear idea, a clear philosophy of how our squad should be put together.

    "We all appreciate him, there's no discussion. We all love Cristiano Ronaldo, but that's something that doesn't fit into our idea."

    Kahn sidestepped speculation over Bayern's reported long-term interest in England captain Harry Kane, with the Tottenham forward frequently mooted as a target.

    "Of course he's a very good player, but there are also many other very good players," Kahn said. "I've read that everywhere, Oliver Kahn and Harry Kane.

    "We deal with many, many players, and it is not okay to talk about players who are signed to other clubs. We have a very good squad that is doing an excellent job at the moment."

    Bayern sit four points clear at the top of the Bundesliga, ahead of Freiburg, and topped their Champions League group earlier this season with a perfect record of six wins from six matches.

  • Del Piero open to helping Juventus as Italian giants look for new chairman and board Del Piero open to helping Juventus as Italian giants look for new chairman and board

    Alessandro Del Piero is open to helping Juventus as the Serie A giants begin their search for a chairman to replace Andrea Agnelli and an entire new board.

    Juve announced after an emergency meeting on Monday that Agnelli, vice-president Pavel Nedved and managing director Maurizio Arrivabene have all quit their roles.

    It comes amid an investigation into alleged tax fraud, which Juventus have denied, and on the back of the club registering a record loss of €254.3million for 2021-22. 

    Exor, who have a controlling stake in Juve, indicated on Tuesday that Gianluca Ferrero is in line to replace Agnelli as president.

    Any decision over who succeeds Agnelli, Nedved and Arrivabene is expected to be made at a shareholders' meeting on January 18.

    In what is another difficult period for the Turin side off the pitch, club legend Del Piero has indicated he is ready to aid Juve in any way possible – just as he did as a player.

    “You're asking the question to someone like me that spent almost 20 years there," Del Piero, who spent nine years with the Bianconeri, told beIN SPORTS. 

    "I got relegated with the team and I decided to stay so the relationships with me and the team, with the owners, the fans, are quite deep, very deep.

    "We've been through everything to reach the top of the world and the bottom point in the club's entire history. This great journey brought me here with you. 

    "It's something where every news regarding Juve is emotional for me and I'm going to stand by and see what's going to happen. 

    "I was with them this summer for the tour they did in Los Angeles where I lived, and also in Lisbon. I'm friends with Pavel and everybody. It's sad for me seeing this situation."
      
    Del Piero added: "I don't know the plan; nobody has called me. I don't know what's going to happen, but I know very well all that's happened. I still have a house in the city..."

    Juve were stripped of titles and relegated to Serie B in the 2006-07 campaign over the 'Calciopoli' scandal, but Del Piero does not expect any such punishments this time around.

    "This is not regarding the team; it's not going to affect the team in terms of relegation or other things," he said. 

    "It's going to affect the people because it's allegations ongoing about the people, not only the president but the other board members. This will affect them if there's proof."

  • Rumour Has It: Chelsea on verge of finalising £52m Nkunku deal after reaching Leipzig agreement Rumour Has It: Chelsea on verge of finalising £52m Nkunku deal after reaching Leipzig agreement

    Christopher Nkunku has long been inked with Chelsea, with reports he had undergone a medical in September.

    The 25-year-old Frenchman netted 20 goals in the Bundesliga last season and already has 12 this term.

    The Blues are undergoing a period of change under owner Todd Boehly and new head coach Graham Potter – and could be about to land a big-name target.

     

    TOP STORY - NKUNKU'S CHELSEA DEAL SET TO BE SIGNED

    Chelsea are on the cusp of finalising the deal for RB Leipzig forward Nkunku with contracts set to be signed, reports Fabrizio Romano.

    The Blues have reached an agreement with Nkunku's German club Leipzig for more than £52million (€60m).

    Nkunku, who was ruled out of the World Cup earlier this month due to a knee injury, will apparently pen a long-term deal starting from June 2023.

    ROUND-UP

    - ESPN has reported that  Lionel Messi has not agreed to a deal to join Inter Miami from Paris Saint-Germain following reports that he is on the verge of a deal with the Major League Soccer club.

    Chelsea are reportedly not willing to let Christian Pulisic depart on loan in January, amid links with Premier League trio Manchester United, Newcastle United and Arsenal. The Blues would prefer a permanent deal for the United States international.

    - Sky Sport's Florian Plettenberg claims RB Leipzig's Konrad Laimer has reached a verbal agreement to join Bayern Munich at the end of this season, with a view to a long-term deal until 2027.

    Edin Dzeko is set to earn a new one-year deal with Inter, according to Gazzetta. But the 36-year-old must accept a pay cut, from about €5.5m to €3m per season (plus bonuses).

    - Ecuador international midfielder Moises Caicedo, who is currently on Brighton and Hove Albion's books, is drawing interest from Manchester United, claims Sky Germany.

    - Fabrizio Romano reports Brighton are in talks with Molde to sign 19-year-old Ivorian striker David Datro Fofana. The Norwegian club want more than €10m (£8.6m) for him.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.