
Tags: Andy Murray, Olympics
Andy Murray has hinted he will keep going until at least this summer’s Olympics.
The 36-year-old has been speaking openly about the impending end of his career this season and said after beating Denis Shapovalov in Dubai on Monday: “I probably don’t have too long left, but I’ll do as best as I can these last few months.”
Murray has said previously he has an idea of when he would like to bow out, and he told Radio 4’s Today programme he is likely to make that information public at some point.
“When the time is right I will probably say something before I play my last match and my last tournament,” he said. “Whether I say anything months ahead of the time, I don’t know.”
While Wimbledon appears the most logical venue for Murray to call time on his glittering career, the Scot is tempted by another crack at the Olympics in Paris this summer.
Murray is the only tennis player to have won back-to-back singles gold medals, in London and Rio, and he said: “Hopefully I can get the chance to compete at another one.”
If the Scot does not qualifying by ranking – he has slipped down the standings to 67 after a difficult start to the year – he could seek a spot in the draw as a previous champion.
LATEST STORIES
Hansle Parchment Cherishes ‘Truly Special’ Reunion with Tokyo Hero Teiyana Stojkovic in Jamaica
- 2025-03-19 10:53:14
- Hits 286
Minister Grange to Offer Assistance to Para Athletes Dale and Dave Oddman Following Mother’s Passing
- 2025-02-20 06:24:25
- Hits 273
CANOC President Keith Joseph Believes IOC’s Future Hangs in the Balance After Coventry’s Election
- 2025-03-26 06:34:22
- Hits 270
CANOC Seeks Stronger Ties with CARICOM to Position Sport as Key Pillar of Regional Development
- 2025-02-21 06:23:35
- Hits 233
Court of Arbitration for Sport Dismisses Nayoka Clunis’ Appeal Against World Athletics Decision
- 2025-03-19 17:30:25
- Hits 227