'You want a million, you got it!' – Tyson Fury takes on Jake Paul's bet

By Sports Desk June 25, 2022

Tyson Fury has accepted Jake Paul's offer of a $1million wager on the outcome of the YouTuber's fight with his half-brother, Tommy Fury.

Paul and Tommy Fury are set to finally meet in the ring on August 6 in New York after months of going numerous rounds on social media.

The pair were due to fight in December but Tommy Fury withdrew due to illness and injury. Attempts to reschedule the bout were initially fruitless, with Paul declaring his rival had blown his chance.

However, a breakthrough was finally reached this week after both fighters confirmed on social media that they were set to face off.

In a recent interview, heavyweight champion and Tommy's elder half-brother Tyson said he would have no issues betting £100,000 on his relative overcoming Paul.

Paul responded to that on social media, telling Fury: "You made $40 million, let's up the ante, let's bet a million, two million, however much you want to bet on it!" 

Not one to back down from a challenge, Fury posted a video of his own on social media, saying he would gladly raise the bet to $1m.

"This is a message for Jake Paul," he said. "I hear you want to bet a bigger bet than $100,000. You want a bigger bet, you want $1m. Let's do it! You want a million, you got it!"

Related items

  • Benjamin Mendy pleads not guilty to additional rape charge Benjamin Mendy pleads not guilty to additional rape charge

    Manchester City player Benjamin Mendy has pleaded not guilty to an additional rape charge.

    Mendy appeared at Chester Crown Court on Wednesday to enter the plea ahead of his trial.

    The 28-year-old attended court back in May when he entered pleas for nine charges of sexual offences – he then denied seven counts of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted rape.

    Mendy also denies this further count of rape.

    The offences, reported by seven different women, allegedly occurred between October 2018 and August last year, with all purported to have taken place at Mendy's home.

    Mendy will go on trial with co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, who denies eight counts of rape and four of sexual assault between July 2012 and August 2021.

    Both men are expected to stand trial later this week, with proceedings unlikely to conclude before November.

    Mendy was suspended by City on August 26, 2021, and has not played for them since.

     

  • Eubank Jr and Benn renew family rivalry in 'legacy fight' Eubank Jr and Benn renew family rivalry in 'legacy fight'

    Chris Eubank Jr will face Conor Benn and renew the two families' rivalry 29 years on from their fathers' second fight.

    Chris Eubank twice faced Nigel Benn, beating him in their first bout in November 1990 before the pair drew the rematch three years later.

    The latter meeting took place on October 9, 1993, and their sons will now take to the ring on October 8, 2022.

    Benn's son Conor is still undefeated, with a 21-0 record that he will put on the line against Eubank Jr (32-2) at the O2 Arena in London.

    "It's definitely a legacy fight," he said. "There was obviously a great rivalry between Eubank Sr and my dad, Nigel Benn.

    "It's a fight that's even still spoken about now. It was one of the greatest British rivalries.

    "So, the legacy lives on. It really is for the legacy, this fight. For me, it feels like the stars are aligned for this moment, to be honest."

  • Fury confirms plans for boxing return, eyes Chisora bout after teaming up with new trainer Fury confirms plans for boxing return, eyes Chisora bout after teaming up with new trainer

    Tyson Fury has confirmed he is planning a return to the boxing ring, as he urged Derek Chisora to accept his offer for a trilogy fight after revealing Isaac Lowe as his new trainer.

    Fury claimed in April that he was to retire following a sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium, but has repeatedly hinted he was considering a U-turn.

    Earlier this week, Fury's co-promoter Frank Warren said the 33-year-old has "itchy feet" and "wants to fight", while the WBC heavyweight champion pledged to face the winner of the upcoming Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua bout last month.

    However, Fury now appears to have a third bout with Chisora, who he has beaten on two previous occasions, in his sights.

    On Monday, Fury took to Instagram to reveal his offer to Chisora, declaring: "You're running, Derek, from the trilogy. You call yourself 'war', you should call yourself 'chicken'."

    The following day, Fury stood alongside long-time friend and fellow fighter Lowe in a second post, adding: "I've decided to come back to boxing because I can be the first heavyweight world champion in history to have two trilogies, one with Deontay Wilder, one with Derek Chisora.

    "I'd always say I'd fight Derek Chisora at the end of my career, and here we are, breaking all records again, setting precedents.

    "When I was with [former coach] SugarHill [Steward], Isaac's always been there. He knows me better than anyone on the planet and we're a great team, we're going to finish this together, and here we are, about to take on a massive event." 

    Fury overcame Chisora on points in 2011 before registering a dominant win in their 2014 rematch in London, while the 38-year-old beat Kubrat Pulev in his last outing in July.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.