Raiola confirms Man Utd contract offer to Pogba but suggests Bayern Munich may make approach

By Sports Desk December 10, 2021

Mino Raiola has suggested Bayern Munich could make a move for Paul Pogba, who has also been offered a contract extension by Manchester United.

Pogba is out of contract with United at the end of the season. He has not featured since October when he was sent off in a 5-0 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool.

The midfielder subsequently suffered a thigh injury while away on international duty with France last month.

United's new interim manager Ralf Rangnick said on Friday that he has spoken to Pogba, who has been rehabbing in Dubai but is due back into the United Kingdom this weekend.

Raiola confirmed in an interview with Sport1 that his client has been offered fresh terms by the Red Devils, though insisted that is just one of several options on the table, adding a move to Bayern may be hard for the Bundesliga club to pull off.

"We have many offers for him, including a contract extension. We'll see what’s best for him," Raiola said.

When asked if a Bundesliga team would be of interest to Pogba, Raiola replied: "The German mentality is different. They cannot and do not want to pay these high salaries. 

"The only German club that could do that is Bayern Munich. But even they can't get to Paul's salary. Germans are at the bottom of the international salary pyramid."

Pressed if there had been an expression of interest from Bayern, Raiola added: "Not yet, but maybe it will come.

"You have to ask Bayern. We deal with everything, but Bayern are the only ones [in Germany] who could afford him. I think we'll know more in two months."

Staying on the subject of Bayern, Raiola also revealed that one of his other star clients - Matthijs de Ligt - very nearly joined the Bavarian side back in 2019.

However, the move did not materialise, with De Ligt instead leaving Ajax to join Juventus.

"Do you actually know that we almost brought Matthijs de Ligt to Munich?" he added. "We held positive talks and it’s a shame it didn’t work out in the end."

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Man Utd plan another move for Wolves' Ruben Neves Rumour Has It: Man Utd plan another move for Wolves' Ruben Neves

    Ruben Neves is Erik ten Hag's number one midfield target in his first transfer window as manager at Manchester United.

    Neves, 25, signed for Wolves from Porto in 2017, and quickly asserted himself as a crucial cog in midfield.

    United made a move for the Portugal international in the January transfer window, and were rebuffed, but they reportedly prepared to come in with a much more substantial offer this time around.

     

    TOP STORY – RED DEVILS LAUNCH ANOTHER MOVE FOR NEVES

    After United's January offer of £35million was unsuccessful, The Sun is reporting Wolves will want in the range of £50m to sell star man Neves.

    Wolves have reportedly been preparing for life without Neves for some time now, and are targeting 26-year-old Sporting CP midfielder Joao Palhinha as his long-term replacement. They are also said to have strong interest in Benfica's Martim Neto, demonstrating the clear links their scouting department has with the Primeira Liga.

    However, United will have stiff competition for Neves' signature, with Barcelona reportedly keen. 

    ROUND-UP

    – Paris Saint Germain are open to Neymar leaving in the upcoming window, according to ESPN, with Chelsea named as a club that have interest.

    – The Star is reporting Benfica have told interested parties – including United – that striker Darwin Nunez will cost £100m.

    Bayern Munich will pay £25m for Liverpool's Sadio Mane as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, per L'Equipe.

    – The Telegraph is reporting that Aston Villa will explore the possibility of signing manager Steven Gerrard's former team-mate, Luis Suarez, who is a free agent.

    Newcastle United have made enquiries about Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby, and hope to add the France international to their attack for next season, according to The Telegraph.

  • Lautaro hopes free agent Dybala goes 'where he is happy' Lautaro hopes free agent Dybala goes 'where he is happy'

    Lautaro Martinez does not know where Inter-linked forward Paulo Dybala will play next season but hopes it will be "where he is happy".

    Dybala's contract at Juventus is expiring, making him one of the most sought-after free agents of the upcoming transfer window.

    Widespread reports have suggested he is most likely to join Argentina team-mate Martinez at Inter – although the Nerazzurri striker is also the subject of transfer speculation.

    But as the pair link up on national team duty, Martinez insists Dybala's club future has been set to one side.

    "We didn't touch the subject," Martinez told TyC Sports. "We talk about many things, about his situation and everything, but today he is thinking about the national team.

    "His future will be decided when these games are over.

    "He is a player with quality, personality and I hope he plays where he feels most comfortable, where he is happy."

    Martinez is also focused on his role with Argentina, looking ahead to the World Cup in Qatar later this year – the first of his Albiceleste career.

    "[The World Cup] is a dream I have had since childhood," Martinez said. "With my family, I constantly talk about this – they are all football fans.

    "If I think now about what could happen, anxiety comes to me. I hope we can leave a good impression.

    "These are dreams you always have. First your dreams are of being a professional, then they are renewed. Today I am months away from this [dream]; I hope it can be fulfilled and I can help my team-mates."

    Even before that, at the start of June, Argentina have the Finalissima against Italy at Wembley to look forward to, pitting the Copa America winners against the European champions – an eagerly awaited fixture for Italy-based Martinez, even if the Azzurri will not be in Qatar.

    "It will be an important game for us because of what the opponent means, beyond the fact that they have been left out of this World Cup," he said.

    "We know their characteristics, their players, they are a high-level opponent. We have a very important test ahead to see where we stand."

  • All-female coaching staff to oversee Jamaica camp for CONCACAF U15 tourney in July All-female coaching staff to oversee Jamaica camp for CONCACAF U15 tourney in July

    For the first time in Jamaica’s football history, a national squad will be overseen by an all-female coaching staff as 27 girls are called to camp to prepare for the CONCACAF Women U15 tournament set to take place in Tampa, Florida, from July 31 to August 7, 2022.

    The players will be directed by Head Coach Tashana Vincent and Assistant Coach Alicia James. Both women are former national representatives.

    Meanwhile, the squad of players will be comprised of Kimoy Harris, Kryshana  Reid, Ashley Lowrie, Cassandra Smith, Jada-Lee Bryan, Devonae  Lewis, Dejaunae  Lewis, Breanna  Marr, Schennel Goodhall, Adrianna  Morris, Shanae   Ashley, Sajane   Anderson, Italya  Robinson, Bianca McDonald, Destiny   Powell, Jennifer  Williams, Shiona   Ashman, Shantea  James, Lacey   Phillips, Jhonelle   Rose, Jamara   Jones, Dejonea  Smith, Felisha  Ferguson, Rishaune  Gordon, Elizabeth  Miller, Shereece Jameison and Chrisann Tomlinson.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.