Rumour Has It: Zidane not interested in Man Utd job

By Sports Desk November 22, 2021

Manchester United's managerial post is vacant after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked on Sunday.

Solskjaer had led United since December 2018 but failed to win a trophy, finishing runners-up in last season's Premier League and Europa League.

The lean spell has United desperate to return to their former glories with their next managerial appointment.

 

TOP STORY – ZIDANE NOT KEEN ON MAN UTD JOB

World Cup winner and ex-Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane is not interested in the vacant Manchester United job, reports BBC Sport.

Zidane left Madrid in May after failing to win LaLiga and has been linked with a host of roles since.

United have approached the 49-year-old about their vacant post but he is not interested in the position at this point.

 ROUND-UP

- Fichajes claims that reported United target Mauricio Pochettino would put Tottenham's Harry Kane at the top of his wishlist if he got the Red Devils job. The current Paris Saint-Germain boss is among those linked with the vacant post. The Telegraph claims that Pochettino is open to moving to Old Trafford at the end of this season.

- Ajax boss Erik ten Hag is United's second choice behind Pochettino reports Sky Sports, while The Sun claims the Red Devils have already approached Leicester City's Brendan Rodgers.

- Sport claims that new Barcelona boss Xavi wants to sign Al-Sadd's Algeria international striker Baghdad Bounedjah. Xavi coached Al-Sadd until taking over at Barca earlier this month.

- Tottenham may make a move for Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo who is unhappy at the club, claims Calciomercato.

- Fichajes reports that Real Madrid have an interest in Mason Mount, who is currently in talks with Chelsea on a new deal. Manchester City and Bayern Munich are also interested in Mount's services.

Related items

  • Ederson believes there is 'a big possibility' Ancelotti will become next Brazil boss Ederson believes there is 'a big possibility' Ancelotti will become next Brazil boss

    Ederson believes there is "a big possibility" Carlo Ancelotti will take over as the next head coach of Brazil.

    Real Madrid boss Ancelotti has been touted as a contender to succeed Tite, who stepped down as planned after Brazil's World Cup quarter-final defeat to Croatia.

    Ancelotti is under contract with Madrid until the end of next season, while the Brazilian Football Confederation last month denied an agreement had been reached with the Italian.

    However, speaking at a press conference ahead of Brazil's friendly with Qatar 2022 semi-finalists Morocco, Ederson said he would not be surprised to see Ancelotti take charge.

    "I was discussing this with Casemiro, Vinicius Junior, [Eder] Militao. There is a big possibility that he comes," said Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson.

    Ancelotti has won 25 trophies across his 28-year managerial career, including four Champions League titles, two for Milan and two in separate spells with Madrid.

    "Just look at his CV. We will know shortly whether he will be here or not," Ederson said. "I hope we can have a new coach quickly.

    "I feel the anticipation too because there's too much speculation. Is it a Brazilian or a foreign coach? We are also living that phase of anxiety."

    Asked last month about the possibility of taking over from Tite, who spent six and a half years in charge of Brazil, Ancelotti said: "I have a contract with Real Madrid until 2024."

    Under-20 coach Ramon Menezes will oversee Saturday's friendly with Morocco in Tangier.

  • Rumour Has It: Napoli place €150m price tag on Man Utd and Chelsea target Osimhen as PSG enter race Rumour Has It: Napoli place €150m price tag on Man Utd and Chelsea target Osimhen as PSG enter race

    Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is garnering a lot of interest, sitting clear at the top of the Serie A scoring charts this term with 21 goals.

    The 24-year-old Nigerian striker is contracted with the runaway Serie A leaders until 2025.

    While they would love to retain his services long-term, the breakout star hinted that may not be in the cards after recently showing interest in a move to the Premier League.

    TOP STORY – NAPOLI PLACE BUMPER PRICE TAG ON OSIMHEN

    Foot Mercato reports Napoli have placed a €150million price tag on Osimhen, amid new interest from French powerhouse Paris Saint-Germain.

    PSG have entered to race for the Nigerian, with Manchester United and Chelsea both reportedly chasing his signature in the off-season.

    But Napoli have moved to protect their prize asset and will not entertain a lower price.

     

    ROUND-UP

    – However, Relevo claims PSG's off-season priority signing is Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva. The Portuguese is reportedly keen for a new challenge, although he is contracted until 2025 and City asked for £80m (€90m) for him last off-season.

    – Manchester United are ramping up their interest in Monaco centre-back Alex Disasi, claims The Mail. The Frenchman is rated at £44m (€50m), with United boss Erik ten Hag keen to bolster his defensive ranks in the next transfer window with uncertainty over the futures of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.

    – Football Insider claims Liverpool have not been deterred by Borussia Dortmund's reported €150m demand for Jude Bellingham. The Reds are determined to land the English midfielder amid interest from Real Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United.

    – Sport claims Chelsea may release Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from his contract after the season, with Mundo Deportivo reporting he is set to return to Barcelona as a low-cost option.

    – Unnamed Saudi Arabian and Qatari clubs are interested in Luka Modric,  but the veteran Croatian midfielder remains in talks with Real Madrid on a new deal, according to Sky Sports Germany.

    – Barcelona's veteran full-back Jordi Alba could have his contracted terminated in the off-season as the Blaugrana looks to trim their wage bill and focus on new signings, reports Sport.

  • Paralluelo hands Barcelona lead against Roma, Bayern have edge over Arsenal Paralluelo hands Barcelona lead against Roma, Bayern have edge over Arsenal

    Salma Paralluelo scored the only goal of the game as Barcelona edged Roma 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico in the quarter-finals of the Women's Champions League.

    The 19-year-old curled a left-footed effort from outside the box to beat Camelia Ceasar after 34 minutes, after the Roma goalkeeper had frustrated the visitors with a number of fine saves.

    Last season's runners-up could not extend their advantage in the second half, while Roma failed to convert a number of chances in the latter stages to pull the tie level.

    ??????

    It's advantage Barcelona after a narrow win in Rome #UWCL

    — UEFA Women’s Champions League (@UWCL) March 21, 2023

    Elsewhere, Arsenal were frustrated at Allianz Arena by Bayern Munich and suffered a 1-0 loss despite dominating proceedings.

    The Gunners saw efforts from Stina Blackstenius and Leah Williamson cleared off the line as they peppered the hosts' goal with 25 shots – though only six were on target.

    Lea Schuller's 39th-minute header proved decisive, with Jonas Eidevall's side needing a turnaround in the second leg if they are to reach the semi-finals for the first time in a decade.

© 2023 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.