Martinez's agent confident over new Inter deal

By Sports Desk October 06, 2021

Lautaro Martinez's agent is "really confident" the striker will sign a new deal with Inter as negotiations continue.

Martinez, who is contracted to the Serie A champions until 2023, was linked with the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and Barcelona during the last transfer window but remained at San Siro.

Inter chief executive Beppe Marotta stated in August that the Argentina international had turned down "lucrative offers" to stay at the club.

Martinez has made a great start to the season, scoring five goals in six Serie A games for the Nerazzurri.

The 24-year-old's representative, Alejandro Camano, suggested progress is being made with talks over a new contract.

He told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: "I can say that he is happy in Italy, and he really likes Italian football.

 

"We have been discussing the renewal for some time with Inter, and I am really confident, the path we have taken is the right one.

"Serie A is an important and different championship compared to that of a few years ago.

"Lautaro is very happy to play with high quality players such as Edin Dzeko and Joaquin Correa. All three are terrible strikers for opposing defences."

Related items

  • 'Reggae Boyz will demand respect from Mexico' - Jamaica coach Hall confident heading into crucial qualifier 'Reggae Boyz will demand respect from Mexico' - Jamaica coach Hall confident heading into crucial qualifier

    Jamaica Reggae Boy interim head coach Paul Hall was bullish ahead of Thursday’s crucial World Cup qualifiers against Mexico at the National Stadium.

    The match will be the second fixture but the first World Cup qualifier for Hall, who stepped in to replaced Theodore Whitmore in December of last year.  With the team adrift in sixth place and 7 points behind the qualifying positions, it seems safe to say only a win will do for the Reggae Boyz against a typically dangerous opponent.

    Hall is aware of the challenge at hand.

    “They won’t want to lose they are probably going to have the same attitude as ourselves, so I feel it will be a tight affair,” Hall said.

    “We will respect the Mexicans and what they bring and I would ask my team to make sure that Mexico respects what we bring, with our energy, with our rhythm, and with our desire,” he added.

    The Mexicans who will be without key players Hirving Lozano and Raul Jiminez are currently third in the standing, on 14, the same number of points as Panama.  In the reverse fixture, the Mexicans scored late to win 2-1.  The Jamaicans will play Panama three days later before hosting Costa Rica.  All teams are directly above them in the table.  

     

  • Mali 0-0 Equatorial Guinea (aet, 5-6 pens): Sacko's missed spot-kick puts underdogs into last eight Mali 0-0 Equatorial Guinea (aet, 5-6 pens): Sacko's missed spot-kick puts underdogs into last eight

    Equatorial Guinea advanced to the quarter-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations after Falaye Sacko's missed penalty consigned Mali to a shock 6-5 shoot-out defeat.

    Spot-kicks were required to settle a poor round-of-16 showdown after a goalless 120 minutes at Limbe Stadium on Wednesday, and Sacko's tame strike was decisively kept out by Jesus Owono.

    Pablo Ganet had passed up the chance to win it for the underdogs when Ibrahim Mounkoro denied him from 12 yards after Mali duo Massadio Haidara and Hamari Traore failed to convert, but Sacko's miss sealed a last-eight meeting with Senegal for Equatorial Guinea on Sunday.

    Mali were awarded a penalty late in a drab first half when Josete Miranda was adjudged to bundled Moussa Doumbia over, but referee Bakary Gassama overturned his decision following a check on the pitchside monitor.

    The Eagles had been the better side to that point and Mohamed Camara should have put them in front after the break, blazing high over the crossbar from 12 yards out after Yves Bissouma had set him up.

    Neither side really looked like winning it in extra time, but it was Equatorial Guinea who were celebrating despite Emilio Nsue blazing the first spot-kick high over the bar and Ganet also fluffing his lines.

    Mali claimed Owono had come off his line before Sacko struck the decisive penalty, but their protests were waved away.

     

     

     

  • Argentina coach Scaloni to miss World Cup qualifier against Chile after positive COVID-19 test Argentina coach Scaloni to miss World Cup qualifier against Chile after positive COVID-19 test

    Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni will miss their upcoming World Cup qualifier against Chile due to a positive COVID-19 test.

    The Albiceleste have already qualified for Qatar 2022 with five matches to play in the CONMEBOL section.

    Scaloni explained at a news conference on Wednesday he had "completed the isolation" but had not received the negative test he required to enter Chile.

    With assistant Pablo Aimar also absent as a close contact, coaches Walter Samuel, Roberto Ayala and Diego Placente are set to lead Argentina on Thursday.

    "Both Aimar and I are not going to be able to be part of the delegation," Scaloni said. "Pablo has been in his house for several days due to [being a] close contact.

    "I completed the isolation several days ago, but I continue to test positive. To enter Chile you need a negative [test result].

    "Walter Samuel, Roberto Ayala and Diego Placente are going to be present as part of the coaching staff."

    Scaloni also confirmed players Alexis Mac Allister and Emiliano Buendia will miss the game, with the former testing positive for COVID-19 and the latter a close contact.

    After their trip to Chile, Argentina are due to play at home to Colombia on Tuesday.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.