Rumour Has It: Kane poised for £160million move to Manchester City

By Sports Desk July 23, 2021

Harry Kane looks like he might soon get his wish to leave Tottenham.

Spurs had previously dug in their heels and were determined that Kane, who is contracted until 2024, would stay.

The England captain won last season's Premier League Golden Boot with 23 goals, and now he could be heading to the champions.

 

TOP STORY – CITY SET FOR BUMPER KANE DEAL

Tottenham forward Harry Kane is poised for a £160million move to Manchester City, reports The Sun.

According to the report, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will allow Kane to exit the club for such a sum.

Kane is said by the newspaper to have agreed personal terms on a £400,000-a-week deal with City, which is reportedly double his current Tottenham contract.

 

ROUND-UP

- Paul Pogba has rejected a £50million contract offer at Manchester United and is set to leave this summer, according to The Mirror as rumours swirl about Paris Saint-Germain's interest.

- Marca reports that Kylian Mbappe will reject Paris Saint-Germain's latest contract offer and look to seal a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

- Fabrizio Romano has reported that talks are ongoing between Atalanta and Tottenham for Cristian Romero with personal terms agreed and a €55m price tag on the table.

- Atalanta want Tottenham defender Davinson Sanchez included in any deal, reports Sportitalia.

- Milan are interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Hakim Ziyech on loan, claims Calcio Mercato.

- Donyell Malen 's transfer from PSV Eindhoven to Borussia Dortmund is all but done according to Dutch outlet ED, with an anticipated €30m fee.

Related items

  • Mbappe desperate for first Ballon d'Or win, names Benzema and Mane as main rivals Mbappe desperate for first Ballon d'Or win, names Benzema and Mane as main rivals

    Kylian Mbappe claimed it is a "big lie" to say players do not care about winning the Ballon d'Or as he named Karim Benzema and Sadio Mane as his main rivals for this year's award.

    Mbappe was named on a 30-man shortlist to be named the best player in the world on Friday, having scored 39 goals in all competitions as Paris Saint-Germain won the Ligue 1 title last season.

    No player across the top five European leagues matched Mbappe's total of 60 goal contributions across the 2021-22 campaign, although his France team-mate Benzema is the clear favourite after helping Real Madrid to the Champions League and LaLiga trophies. 

    In an interview with France Football, Mbappe, who has previously backed Benzema to win the award, acknowledged he was desperate to be named the world's best.

    "I've always wanted to do it early, without limiting my dreams. I want to win it and I don't mind admitting it," he said.

    "I am convinced that lifting the first one is the most complicated. Once you have officially entered that select group, it will be easier to revalidate it.

    "It is a big lie that a footballer is not interested in the Ballon d'Or. It is hypocritical to say that. 

    "We all think about that. We talk about a team, and a collective, because in some way it serves to camouflage our ambition, but it is honest to admit that we care. 

    "For two years I have been a more real candidate for the award. Before, I was content to be in the top 10. Now, on the other hand, I am among the four or five most regular.

    "We don't talk about the Ballon d'Or in January, but we make comments when the lists appear. Later, as the ceremony draws near, it's obviously a topic of conversation in the group. We make our bets, we debate our opinions."

    Asked for his own top three, the striker said: "I think Benzema, Mane and me."

    Mbappe's first Ballon d'Or nomination came in 2017, when then-Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo beat Lionel Messi and Neymar to the award.

    And the 23-year-old said being among the hopefuls early on in his career gave him confidence that he would make it at an elite level.

    "Frankly, it was an honour," he recalled. "I was barely of legal age and I was already associated with those great names. It may seem trivial, but it was something important. A real step forward in my career. 

    "Somehow it was a message that served to say that I was among the best. I accredited myself as an elite footballer in the eyes of the world, and it was significant to belong to that list at only 18 years old."

    Meanwhile, the headline omission from 2022's list of nominees is seven-time winner and current holder Lionel Messi, who last failed to be nominated in 2005 – when Ronaldinho edged out Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard in the voting.

    As Mbappe recalled his PSG team-mate's victory last year, he said the Argentina star's nervousness on the eve of the gala demonstrated that his desire to be the best remains strong.

    "The morning of the last gala he was nervous because a few hours later he was going to collect a seventh Ballon d'Or. Maybe he was thinking about what he was going to say, how he was going to lift the trophy," Mbappe said.

    "I told him it is not possible to be restless after having been there six other times. I would have gone with a cigarette in my mouth! 

    "But that shows that he retains the soul of a child and that he is still excited to choose to be the best. He has not tired."

  • Ronaldo back in Man Utd starting XI at Brentford Ronaldo back in Man Utd starting XI at Brentford

    Cristiano Ronaldo was named in Manchester United's starting XI for the first time this season as Erik ten Hag targeted his first win for the club away to Brentford.

    Ronaldo started last weekend's shock 2-1 home defeat to Brighton and Hove Albion on the bench due to concerns over his fitness.

    The 37-year-old was absent for much of United's pre-season, missing their tour of Thailand and Australia for personal reasons amid widespread reports he wanted to leave.

    Ten Hag has been adamant throughout his first few months in charge that United have been planning with Ronaldo for the 2022-23 season, ruling out a departure.

    United will hope Ronaldo's return to the team coincides with an improvement in their fortunes on the pitch – with Anthony Martial injured, the Red Devils looked ineffective in attack against Brighton before the Portugal striker's introduction as the focal point.

    Christian Eriksen started as a false nine against Brighton before reverting to a deeper role in the second half, and he was selected in midfield again upon his return to the Brentford Community Stadium.

    The Dane spent the final months of last season at Brentford following his release by Inter, with his influential performances essentially earning his move to United.

    Other than Ronaldo starting in place of Scott McTominay, Ten Hag named an unchanged team to the one beaten by Brighton.

  • Gerrard 'extremely worried' about Diego Carlos injury Gerrard 'extremely worried' about Diego Carlos injury

    Aston Villa head coach Steven Gerrard admitted to being "extremely worried" about Diego Carlos after he sustained an injury in the 2-1 victory over Everton.

    The 29-year-old made his Premier League debut for Villa in the defeat to Bournemouth last week and retained his spot for Saturday's triumph against the Toffees.

    Signed from Sevilla for a reported £26million, Diego Carlos suffered an injury and had to be replaced by Calum Chambers with just seconds remaining – with Gerrard revealing it did not look good for the defender.

    "I'm extremely worried about it. It does not look good right now. He needs a scan. The medical staff are very worried," said the Villa boss.

    "It's tarnished how I feel. Let's not say [it's a huge blow]. I'm worried about it. It's round by the ankle/Achilles area."

    Gerrard was then asked if Villa would dip into the transfer market to land additional recruits and added: "We will have to wait and see the outcome of his injury."

    Villa travel to face Crystal Palace next week, then take on West Ham and Arsenal before the transfer window closes on September 1.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.