Rumour Has It: Sancho agrees terms on Man Utd deal

By Sports Desk June 06, 2021

Borussia Dortmund appear to be more willing to allow Jadon Sancho to depart this off-season.

The England international has been courted by several Premier League clubs in the past.

He almost joined Manchester United 12 months ago in a drawn out transfer saga.

 

TOP STORY - SANCHO DEAL BACK ON FOR UNITED

The Mirror claims that Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho has agreed personal terms on a move to join Manchester United.

The 21-year-old winger came close to signing with the Red Devils 12 months ago but this time around Dortmund are more willing to part ways with him.

Sancho has reportedly settled on the details of the contract offer but United and Dortmund still need to agree on the transfer fee.

 

ROUND-UP

- Tottenham's search for a new manager has moved to Ajax boss Erik van Tag according to the Mirror. Spurs' move for Antonio Conte has collapsed.

- New Roma head coach Jose Mourinho is chasing a goalkeeper, with Tottenham's Hugo Lloris, Juventus' Wojciech Szczesny and Wolverhampton's Rui Patricio top of the list, reports La Gazetta dello Sport.

- Roma are also keen on Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka according to Corriere dello Sport.

- The Mirror also reports that England full-back Kieran Trippier has informed his Atletico Madrid teammates that he wants to join Manchester United this off-season.

- Marca reports that Barcelona plan to offer a new contract to youngster Ilaix Moriba following interest from several top clubs after his breakout season.

Related items

  • Santos scolds Ronaldo for South Korea spat as Portugal coach insists transfer talk not his focus Santos scolds Ronaldo for South Korea spat as Portugal coach insists transfer talk not his focus

    Cristiano Ronaldo's spat with South Korea's Cho Gue-sung frustrated Fernando Santos, who was unsure on reports surrounding the Portugal captain's future.

    Ronaldo was involved in an exchange with Cho during his side's World Cup defeat to South Korea on Friday, where he appeared to get into a verbal tussle with his opponent as he was substituted.

    The 37-year-old confirmed after the game that his frustrations had been with Cho, and not at Santos' decision to take him off.

    While Santos has put the matter behind him ahead of Portugal's last-16 tie with Switzerland on Tuesday, he made it clear he was not impressed by Ronaldo's reaction.

    "Did I see the images? I did," he said, in reference to footage of the incident. "Did I like it? Not at all. I really didn't like it at all.

    "But from then on, these matters are resolved internally. From there, we think about the next game, for which everyone will be focused. The matter is over."

    News emerged shortly before Santos' pre-match press conference that Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr were close to signing Ronaldo, who is a free agent after leaving Manchester United.

    "I haven't spoken to him about this. I didn't know about this," Santos said.

    "Someone only told me a few minutes ago. But that's his decision, and something that he has to deal with. We are focused on the World Cup and this team."

    Ronaldo has scored only once in Qatar, converting a penalty he won in Portugal's 3-2 win over Ghana in their opening Group H match.

    He became the first man to score at five different World Cups in the process, though he is yet to score in a knockout game in the competition.

    Indeed, only Brazil great Roberto Carlos has had more attempts (29) without scoring in the knockout stages than Ronaldo (25) since 1966.

  • Ronaldo set to sign for Saudi side Al Nassr Ronaldo set to sign for Saudi side Al Nassr

    Cristiano Ronaldo is set to sign for Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr on a two-and-a-half-year deal following his exit from Manchester United, according to reports.

    The Portugal forward saw his stint at Old Trafford brought to an early conclusion by mutual agreement last month following an inflammatory interview with Piers Morgan where he revealed his unhappiness with United and their manager Erik ten Hag.

    Ronaldo has been in action for Portugal at the World Cup in Qatar, scoring in their opening game of the tournament to become the first man to net at five different World Cups.

    The 37-year-old wished to leave United ahead of the 2022-23 season, and confirmed in his interview with Morgan that he had turned down a lucrative offer from a Saudi Arabian club.

    However, Marca on Monday reported that Riyadh-based side Al Nassr are close to signing the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.

    A move to the gulf state would mark the end of Ronaldo's illustrious career in Europe, having starred for United, Juventus and Real Madrid - indeed, he is Los Blancos' record goalscorer.

    No player has scored more in the Champions League than Ronaldo, who is also the highest goalscorer in international football, with 188 to his name.

    At Al Nassr, he is expected to net close to €200million per season, with additional economic incentives, a sum that would make him the highest-paid athlete in the world.

    Al Nassr's squad also includes Cameroon's World Cup star Vincent Aboubakar and former Napoli goalkeeper David Ospina.

    Ronaldo originally returned to United ahead of the 2021-22 campaign, but has mostly been frozen out under new boss Erik ten Hag this season, prompting an explosive interview that contributed to his departure.

  • Man Utd youngster Hannibal 'enormously happy' for Rashford after upturn in form Man Utd youngster Hannibal 'enormously happy' for Rashford after upturn in form

    Marcus Rashford "deserves everything that's happening now", according to Manchester United team-mate Hannibal Mejbri.

    After a difficult 2021-22 campaign, Rashford started this season strongly, and has carried that form into the World Cup with England in Qatar, where he has hit three goals.

    The 25-year-old scored just five times in 32 Premier League games last season for United, but already has eight goals in 19 appearances in 2022-23.

    Hannibal – who is spending the season on loan at Championship club Birmingham City – had also been playing at the World Cup with Tunisia, who were eliminated in the group stage. 

    Speaking to Stats Perform, the 19-year-old praised Rashford as a player and a person, with the United forward engaging in significant charitable work over recent years.

    "I'm enormously happy because when I was at Manchester United, that's when he [had] a bit of a struggle, but he never let up," Hannibal said.

    "He's a very good guy and he deserves everything that's happening now and he's worked tremendously hard for it, so I'm very happy for him."

    Hannibal joined United from Monaco in 2019 for a fee of around £8million (€10m), and made two appearances for the first-team last season.

    The midfielder described what it was like coming in to the Red Devils' academy when he first arrived, in particular the difficulty of doing so with a sizeable fee having been paid.

    "It's very difficult when you come into a youth dressing room with a €10m price tag," he said. "You go into the dressing room, everyone judges you.

    "But after a training session or two, you show your qualities and everyone accepts you. So that's how it is and that's football now, you have to put aside what people think of you, work, stay focused."

    United head coach Erik ten Hag has made an impressive start to life at Old Trafford, and despite being out on loan, Hannibal confirmed the Dutchman has been keeping an eye on his progress.

    "The staff, the technical staff always stay informed with us, the players on loan," he said. "So yes, if you do something bad, he tells you, if you do something good he congratulates you too. So yes, he stays in touch and it's a great pleasure."

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.