Morata unsure over future amid talk of Juve return

By Sports Desk June 02, 2021

Alvaro Morata says he has no idea who he will be playing for next season amid reports the Spain striker is set to extend his stay at Juventus.

Morata returned to Juve on loan from Atletico Madrid for the 2020-21 season last September.

The Serie A giants have the option of bringing the 28-year-old back to Turin for the 2021-22 campaign on loan or signing him permanently for a fee of €45million - which would be paid in instalments.

It has been reported that Morata will head back to the Bianconeri on loan at the start of a new era under Massimiliano Allegri, who replaced Andrea Pirlo last week.

Yet that is news to former Real Madrid and Chelsea striker Morata as he prepares to represent Spain at Euro 2020.

Asked about his future, he told Radio MARCA: "I don't know. I'm here. Juanma [Morata's agent] is the one who takes care of everything.

"I don't have any news and tomorrow he will call me and say: 'here you have to play'. We have a house in Madrid and there we are very well.

"In the last six or seven years, it is the summer that I am calmer. When they decide, the calmer I will be."

Morata scored 20 goals in 44 games in all competitions for a Juve said that finished fourth in Serie A.

Related items

  • Barcelona complete signing of Kessie following Milan departure Barcelona complete signing of Kessie following Milan departure

    Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Franck Kessie on a free transfer following the end of his spell with Milan.

    The midfielder has agreed a four-year deal with the Blaugrana, which was made official on Monday following months of speculation.

    Kessie spent five seasons at San Siro, the first two of those on loan, and helped Milan to their first Scudetto triumph in 11 years in his final campaign with the club.

    He played in 31 of Milan's 38 Serie A matches and scored six goals from midfield, a tally only bettered by Zlatan Ibrahimovic (eight), Rafael Leao and Olivier Giroud (both 11).

    However, fresh terms could not be agreed between the Rossoneri and Kessie, meaning the Ivory Coast international became a free agent on July 1.

    Barca were always considered the strong favourites to land the 25-year-old, whose Camp Nou contract contains a €500million release clause.

     

    Kessie will compete with the likes of Sergio Busquets, Pedri, Gavi and Frenkie de Jong for a midfield spot, though the latter is expected to join Manchester United.

    In all, Kessie played 174 Serie A games for Milan since initially joining from Atalanta in June 2017, with Napoli's Piotr Zielinski (179) the only midfielder to feature more times.

  • BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona complete signing of Kessie following Milan departure BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona complete signing of Kessie following Milan departure

    Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Franck Kessie on a free transfer following the end of his spell with Milan.

    The midfielder has agreed a four-year deal with the Blaugrana, which was made official on Monday following months of speculation.

    Kessie spent five seasons at San Siro, the first two of those on loan, and helped Milan to their first Scudetto triumph in 11 years in his final campaign with the club.

  • Fulham land 'one of top targets' Joao Palhinha from Sporting CP Fulham land 'one of top targets' Joao Palhinha from Sporting CP

    Fulham have completed the signing of Portugal international midfielder Joao Palhinha from Sporting CP on a five-year deal.

    The newly promoted Premier League side are reported to have paid £20million (€23.2m) to sign Palhinha, with the contract containing the option of a further 12 months.

    Palhinha, capped 14 times by Portugal and in contention to be part of their squad for the 2022 World Cup, had also been linked with Manchester United and Wolves.

    But Fulham confirmed on their official website on Monday that the 26-year-old has become their first signing since earning promotion from the Championship in April.

    Vice-chairman Tony Khan is delighted to have won the race for Palhinha, who had spent a decade on Sporting's books.

    "Joao Palhinha has excelled in Portugal playing both club and international football. He's been one of our top targets in this window," Khan said.

    "While there were other prominent clubs aiming to secure his signature, we're thrilled Joao chose to come here and that he wants to play under our great coach Marco Silva.

    "We believe that Joao will be a valuable addition to strengthen the squad to compete this season in the Premier League."

    Palhinha played 27 times for Sporting in the Primeira Liga last season and scored three goals from defensive midfield.

    He has spent his entire career on Sporting's books, albeit with spells out on loan with Moreirense, Belenenses and Braga, making Fulham his first club outside of Portugal. 

    "I'm very glad to be here. It's a big opportunity for me, for my career, to play in what is – in my opinion – the best league in the world," Palhinha said.

    "I've signed with a great club. The club wanted me, and I chose the club, so I promise the fans that I will do my best, and I hope we can win so many things in this season."

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.