Juventus 'an easy choice' for Vlahovic despite Arsenal interest and Fiorentina fury

By Sports Desk February 01, 2022

Dusan Vlahovic is "emotional and proud" to have signed for Juventus, declaring the move an "easy" decision despite rival interest and backlash from Fiorentina fans.

Vlahovic moved from Fiorentina to Juve for €75million in the biggest deal of the January transfer window.

The 17-goal striker – tied with Ciro Immobile at the top of Serie A's scoring charts – was said to have turned down approaches from Arsenal and Newcastle United before heading for Turin.

That was a call that frustrated Fiorentina supporters, who have grown used to seeing their top players poached by rivals Juve.

The Curva Fiesole group described Vlahovic as "another small man without b****, without honour and without respect" and "a coward" for joining the Bianconeri.

Presented as a Juve player on Tuesday, however, Vlahovic was delighted with his choice.

"I am emotional and proud to have signed for Juventus," he said. "I am ready to give my all for this glorious club to reach its objectives.

 

"The choice was easy. The Juventus DNA: the desire to fight, to never give up, to aim to be the best – all these elements are also part of my character. I fit in here.

"I want to the thank the president and everyone else who made this move possible."

Still, Vlahovic had a word for Fiorentina, adding: "I want to thank everyone at Fiorentina who helped me mature and make me the player I am today."

The 22-year-old was the most sought-after forward last month, but fellow superstars Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland are expected to be on the move later in the year.

As Vlahovic seemingly emerges as a challenger to those two as his generation's top talent, he said: "I am following my own path. How far I'll reach, I don't know, but I'll give my all to achieve as much as possible."

Related items

  • Man City land Sergio Gomez from Anderlecht Man City land Sergio Gomez from Anderlecht

    Manchester City have confirmed the signing of full-back Sergio Gomez on a four-year deal from Anderlecht.

    The 21-year-old, formerly of Barcelona's youth set-up and Borussia Dortmund, worked with ex-City captain Vincent Kompany at the Belgian club and has joined for a reported fee of £11million.

    Gomez is City's fourth acquisition of the transfer window, following on from the captures of Kalvin Phillips, Erling Haaland and Stefan Ortega.

    "I am incredibly proud and happy to have joined Manchester City," he told the club's official website.

    "City are the best team in England and in Pep Guardiola I have a chance to learn and develop under the most outstanding manager in world football.

    "To be able to be part of this club is a dream come true for me and something any young player would aspire to.

    "The number of trophies City have won over the past few years has been incredible and the style of football the team plays under Pep is the most exciting in Europe.

    "Playing for and being guided by Pep and his coaches is going to be very special.

    "I've heard so much about the City fans and how passionate they are, so I can't wait to get started and to try and help the Club achieve even more."

    City have won their opening two Premier League fixtures against West Ham and Bournemouth, with Newcastle United next up on Sunday. 

    Our new number 21 #ManCity pic.twitter.com/5oGXj5ZdUY

    — Manchester City (@ManCity) August 16, 2022
  • Morata's agent not ruling out a move for Man Utd and Juve-linked striker Morata's agent not ruling out a move for Man Utd and Juve-linked striker

    Alvaro Morata's agent has not ruled out a move for the in-form Atletico Madrid star but declared "at the moment I say that he stays".

    The Spain international scored twice as Atleti started the LaLiga season with a 3-0 win at Getafe on the back of a hat-trick in a 4-0 friendly rout of his former club Juventus.

    Morata has been linked with Manchester United and a return to Juve, where he was on loan for the past two campaigns.

    The 29-year-old's representative, Juanma Lopez, says the ex-Real Madrid forward will remain with Diego Simeone's side as it stands, but suggested he could depart before the transfer window closes on September 1. 

    He told Chiringuito: "At the moment I say that he stays at Atletico Madrid, we are in August. Will he stay? Yes, he has a contract with Atletico."

    Simeone was unable to give any assurances over Morata's future following the victory over Getafe.

    "I am not the owner of the club, I am the coach," the Atleti boss said. "He is doing very well, working in an extraordinary way, and we hope that Morata will continue with us.

    "I think that all footballers have to have confidence to do important things. He came with humility, desire to work, without demanding anything, striving to get to this shape and that is what we want to see."

  • Rumour Has It: Man Utd considering moves for Vardy and Aubameyang Rumour Has It: Man Utd considering moves for Vardy and Aubameyang

    Manchester United have come in for huge criticism following their poor start to the season.

    United have failed to land major off-season transfer targets and are eager to add reinforcements.

    The start of Erik ten Hag's tenure as manager has been hugely disappointing, with back-to-back Premier League defeats.

     

    TOP STORY – MAN UTD TURN TO VARDY TO SOLVE STRIKER ISSUES

    Manchester United are considering a bid for Leicester City forward Jamie Vardy to solve their striker conundrum, claims The Athletic.

    The Red Devils have endured a frustrating transfer window and have only netted once in their opening two league games.

    Vardy is among a number of targets United are keen on, having also been linked with Barcelona's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to The Sun.

     

    ROUND-UP

    – TalkSPORT claims Manchester United are getting close to a €50million (£42m) deal for Atletico Madrid's Brazilian forward Matheus Cunha. The 23-year-old joined Atletico from Hertha Berlin last year on a five-year deal.

    Chelsea are closing in on a deal for Inter's Cesare Casadei, according to Calciomercato. Inter have set their asking price at €15m (£12.5m) plus €5m in bonuses, which the Blues are edging closer to meet. The deal may aid Romelu Lukaku sealing a permanent switch to the Nerazzurri.

    – Talks are ongoing between Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus on agreeing a move for Leandro Paredes, reports Fabrizio Romano. Personal terms have been agreed between the Argentinian and the Bianconeri on a long-term deal.

    Wolves will sign Portuguese midfielder Matheus Nunes for a club-record fee of €45m (£38m) plus €5m in add-ons from Sporting CP, according to Record. Liverpool, West Ham and Manchester City had been tracking Nunes.

    – Diario Sport claims Barcelona may be willing to let Samuel Umtiti exit as a free agent amid interest from various unnamed clubs. Umtiti, who is contracted at Camp Nou until 2026, has struggled with injuries during his time at the Blaugrana.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.