Zamora lauds 'mind blowing' Bellingham and predicts bright England future

By Sports Desk November 20, 2023

Bobby Zamora hailed Jude Bellingham's talents as "mind blowing" and believes the 20-year-old can star for England for many years to come.

Bellingham's meteoric rise has seen him come through the ranks at boyhood club Birmingham City before signing for Borussia Dortmund at just 17. His performances in the Bundesliga and Champions League caught the interest of Europe's elite, and Real Madrid swooped in to acquire his signature for an initial €101million (£88.5m) before this season.

Bellingham has enjoyed a staggering start to life with the Spanish giants, scoring 10 goals in 11 LaLiga matches so far, more than legendary midfielder Zinedine Zidane ever managed in a single campaign for the club.

Zamora has lauded Bellingham for his incredible performances at such a young age and predicts the midfielder will prove to be an England mainstay.

"He just keeps improving and keeps getting better, and he's absolutely mind blowing really," Zamora told Stats Perform, speaking on the Pro Am Padel Tour.

"He is still at such a young age and to be performing at that level week in week out for Real Madrid and England as well. It's a real bright future for him and a bright future for England as well."

Bellingham's excellent displays in 2023 were enough for him to receive the Golden Boy award, given to the best player aged 21 and under in Europe's top-flight divisions.

Former West Ham midfielder Mark Noble said Bellingham is exceeding expectations, even with the lofty hopes placed upon him.

"Everyone knew the dude was special at a young age," said Noble.

"But I think he's surprised everyone too, probably even himself. Not many people would go to Real Madrid and start like that.

"So good luck to him. He's a fantastic asset for the country and I hope he does really well."

Related items

  • Lazio veteran Immobile signs for Besiktas Lazio veteran Immobile signs for Besiktas

    Ciro Immobile has ended an eight-year stay with Lazio after signing for Besiktas.

    The Italy striker's exit was confirmed on Saturday, with Immobile leaving Lazio as the club's all-time leading scorer with 207 goals.

    Reports in Italy suggest that Lazio are set to receive a fee worth up to €3million, while the 34-year-old has signed a two-year contract in Turkiye.

    "An agreement has been reached with the player and his club regarding the transfer of professional football player Ciro Immobile," the Turkish giants said in a short statement. 

    "An agreement has been reached with the player for two seasons, starting from the 2024-25 season, and the player will be paid a guaranteed net fee of €6,000,000 for each season."

    Addressing Lazio's supporters in a video posted on their official website, Immobile said: "I think the moment has come to not say goodbye, but see you again. This will always remain my home.

    "I will cheer you on. I am a Lazio fan. I send hugs and hope to see you soon. An exceptional journey, but like all beautiful stories, there's a beginning and an end.

    "The fans have been fantastic, they've given me everything."

  • Canada's Marsch denies USA links with 'no interest' after Berhalter dismissal Canada's Marsch denies USA links with 'no interest' after Berhalter dismissal

    Jesse Marsch rubbished links to the United States men's national team, insisting his commitment remains with Canada.

    The former Leeds United manager is preparing Canada for their third-place play-off at the Copa America against Uruguay on Sunday.

    Canada's next fixture after that will come against the USA in September, with suggestions Marsch may have had a say in setting up the meeting.

    Yet the 50-year-old offered an emphatic denial for any links to the USA coaching role, from which Gregg Berhalter was sacked this week after a woeful Copa showing on home soil.

    "I'm not leaving this job," Marsch said. "I have no interest in the U.S. job. And to be fair, unless there's a big shift in the organisation, I don't think that I'll ever have an interest in that job in the future.

    "I'm really happy here. I couldn't be happier, actually, in terms of what it's like to work with the leaders in this organisation and what it's like to work with this team."

    Marsch has previously hit out at the USA for their treatment of him when the national side were looking for a new manager in 2022.

    The Canada head coach was thought to be the leading contender after the 2022 World Cup when Berhalter's contract expired.

    Berhalter was unexpectedly rehired shortly after, however, as Marsch said he "wasn't treated very well in the process" in discussions over the managerial vacancy.

    Marsch has somewhat had the last laugh, though, with Canada reaching the semi-finals at the Copa while the USA were dumped out in the group stages.

  • England have 'no ceiling' to potential, says defiant George after All Blacks loss England have 'no ceiling' to potential, says defiant George after All Blacks loss

    England captain Jamie George says his side have "no ceiling" to their potential after another narrow defeat to New Zealand on Saturday.

    Steve Borthwick's men were undone by a late fightback as the All Blacks triumphed 24-17 at Eden Park, following up a close 16-15 victory for the hosts in the first Test.

    It could have been a different story, however, as England crossed for a third try that would have set up a conversion to draw 24-24 before a lengthy TMO review saw them penalised for obstruction in a maul.

    George insists England must take all of the positives from their 2-0 series defeat, having threatened a first win in New Zealand since 2003.

    "We're a significantly better team than when we started and there are hugely exciting times ahead for this England team," George told Sky Sports.

    "We'll welcome New Zealand back to Twickenham in November and we look forward to that, but I don't think there is a ceiling in this team.

    "You look at the age demographic, hugely talented guys who are desperate to learn, and it's an absolute pleasure to be a part of."

    England scored through Immanuel Feyi-Waboso and Tommy Freeman tries, both via Marcus Smith kick passes.

    Fly-half Smith, aged just 25, represents one of the more experience heads in the side as England attempt to build for the future.

    "If you look at guys like Fin Baxter and Ollie Sleightholme winning their first caps against the All Blacks, they'll never forget it and I thought they built on it nicely," Smith said.

    "We've got a lot of young lads – I'm feeling old at the minute! But I think we are building to something.

    "The belief we have as a group is growing, and on another day we get a result here or last week."

    England next face Australia at home in November when head coach Borthwick hopes to continue the improvements.

    "I think they'll be rightly proud of their efforts. The team is progressing," Borthwick said after the defeat.

    "Clearly we've got work to do to get to where we want to be, but we're making steps forward."

© 2023 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.