Former CONCACAF president Jack Warner has left the hospital and now in quarantine as he continues to recover from infection with the coronavirus.

The 77-year-old former football official turned politician, confirmed in a statement that he had been released from the Couva Hospital on Sunday.

Warner was rushed to the hospital two weeks ago, after testing positive for the disease and experiencing some of the symptoms.  Warner, who had a tough time battling the disease, reflected that he would not have inflicted it on his worst enemy.

“This was not a good road trip and I will be following the medical guidelines to the dot and to the tittle not simply because it is my social and legal responsibility to do so but because the discomfort, the isolation, and the pain that one goes through is not an experience that anyone will wish for another,” the release read.

The former FIFA vice president said that he intended to spend his recovery out of the limelight and that he was thankful to God.

“During my period of recovery, I will remain in the shadows away from media contact and this is not because of any disrespect to this profession to which I have grown to love but rather to allow me to recover undisturbed; I would truly wish that my request for silence during this period is respected,” he said.

“Let me, first of all, thank God for this second chance and for His mercy in allowing me to unite with my family and also once again to thank my family and friends for being my source of comfort and strength along this journey and for their prayers for healing which ascended to the throne of grace and my behalf.”

A difficult battle with the coronavirus has left former Concacaf boss Jack Warner in a repentant mood, insisting he would not wish the affliction on his worst enemy.

The 77-year- old former football administration turned politician, contracted the virus two weeks ago, and has been in the hospital since.  Warner is, however, reportedly in good spirits at the Couva hospital and took the time out to thank all who have wished him well for their continued support.

At one point rumous had surfaced that the politician was gravely ill and had even succumbed to the virus.

“The outpouring of love and concern by people from all walks of life really caught me by surprise and for that, I wish to say a special thanks for the caring of which I am still the recipient,” Warner said in a recent post.

“One friend text me to say “any energy you needlessly expend is directing that energy away from your healing” so I spend my days praying, seeking God’s forgiveness to those I may have wronged and living with the hope that very soon this COVID-19 will pass not only for me but for the many who continue to suffer locally and abroad.”

Warner also warned citizens to continue to be vigilant and follow the guidelines of the government.  The former member of parliament still faces extradition to the United States, where he is expected to face corruption charges related to his time in football.  

The communications team of disgraced former CONCACAF boss and FIFA vice president Jack Warner has dismissed reports he is gravely ill from the coronavirus, with some even claiming he had died.

The reports claim the 77-year-old Warner, who campaigned for a seat in the Trinidad and Tobago General Elections last month, complained of feeling tired and was initially tested and released after being tested for cardiac issues.

A previously administered coronavirus test result, however, came back positive and the former football official was rushed back to the hospital.  Details regarding Warner’s condition have been sketchy but both his publicist Michelle Borde-Harvey and Facebook page insists the former MP is doing well.

“Mr. Warner has tested positive for COVID-19 and is in fact being treated. He wishes to advise all, that he is alive and in good spirits, as always,” the statement on the social media website read.

Warner unsuccessfully contested the Lopinot Bon Air seat in the election. He is currently battling extradition to the United States, based on charges levelled against him during his time in football.

The coronavirus pandemic has killed 29 people and infected 1, 984 in Trinidad and Tobago.  Warner became the second politician to be stricken by the disease.

 

Jack Warner, the embattled former FIFA Vice President and Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader, announced Thursday night that he will be contesting the Trinidad and Tobago general election set for August 10.

The ILP said the 77-year-old Warner will contest the Lopinot/Bon Air West seat. The controversial former football official, who is fighting extradition to the United States where he is expected to face corruption charges, is to host a media conference at 3 pm at his constituency office in Arouca today.

Warner served as a Government Minister under the former People's Partnership administration. He resigned as the Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West in April 2013.

Warner had been a member of the FIFA Executive Committee since 1983 and CONCACAF President since 1990. He was re-elected for a new term in 2011.

However, he was implicated in numerous corruption allegations dating back to the 1980s.

In May 2011, Warner and Mohammed bin Hammam were provisionally suspended by the FIFA Ethics Committee pending the outcome of the investigation of corruption allegations against them.

On 20 June 2011, FIFA announced Warner's resignation from all his positions in international football.

 Deposed Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace has distanced from any link between himself and former T&T football top man Jack Warner.

Warner, who received a ban from football for life in 2015 and is still facing extradition to the United States on corruption charges, was a known supporter of Wallace ahead of his successful bid to oust former president David John-Williams three months ago.

Speculation has since been rife that an association between Wallace and the former disgraced FIFA officials was one of the reasons the world football governing body disbanded the newly elected TTFA administration.  Wallace was quick to insist, however, that he did not have a close relationship with Warner and indicated as much to FIFA.

 “That is a perceived relationship and one that I don’t have that when it came to the fore, I wrote FIFA, I wrote CONCACAF indicating to CONCACAF that there is no such relationship with Mr. Jack Warner and I guess that if at the end of the day that letter meant nothing then so be it,” Wallace said in an interview with the Good Morning Jojo Sports Show.

Wallace, who was relieved of his duties by FIFA last week, went on to point out that he received solid support from a lot of individuals who wanted change during the election and that he could not control who Warner chose to support.

“We had a host of people supporting us and actually, we won the election 26 votes to 20 votes so it meant that 26 of the delegates supported me along with many other Trinidadians who felt at that point in time that something was definitely wrong with the organisation at that point and they needed a change so as a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, even though Jack Warner expressed his opinion in terms of there should be change at the association then he has a right to do that, I really can’t stop him from doing that,” he added.

FIFA sent word of its decision to replace the TTFA executive with a normalisation committee two weeks ago in the face of what it described as extremely low overall financial management methods, combined with massive debt.  A surprised Wallace, who pointed to positive meeting with FIFA only a few weeks prior has vowed to fight the decision.

 

 

 

Former FIFA vice Jack Warner has officially been given final approval to appeal extradition proceedings filed against him to the UK Privy Council.

Warner, the disgraced former CONCACAF boss, has been battling to avoid extradition to the United States since 2015.  The ex-football official faces charges of corruption stemming from alleged financial impropriety committed during a long tenure with world football’s governing body. 

Last year, Warner tried and failed to have the extradition appeal dismissed on procedural grounds.  The three judges of Trinidad and Tobago’s Court of Appeal opted to uphold the original decision to dismiss Warner’s review, which was made in September 2017.

Warner, who was also been ordered to pay US$79m in damages to CONCACAF by a federal judge in New York City last summer, is currently out on $TT 2.5m bail and banned for life by FIFA.

The authority to proceed (ATP) with Warner’s extradition as part of the FIFA indictments, was signed in 2016 by Trinidad and Tobago Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi.  Warner is wanted on various counts of corruption, graft, bribery and money laundering.

 

FIFA president Gianni Infantino did not mince words in reference to former FIFA vice president Jack Warner, insisting he had very little regard for the embattled official.

Infantino was recently in Trinidad and Tobago for the opening ceremony of a new hotel at the home of football in Couva.

“A very instrumental, negative figure for football, unfortunately,” was the FIFA President’s blunt assessment of Warner’s legacy when asked by the local media.

“I don’t need to say anything about that.  The courts have spoken about that and will continue to speak about that," he added.

Warner, who was also a former CONCACAF president and special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), was banned from the sport for life in 2015, in light of his alleged involvement in money laundering and wire fraud.  Warner is currently battling extradition to the United States.  In 2015, the former government minister was one of several other FIFA officials arrested in Zurich before the annual FIFA Congress. 

Earlier this year a United States court ruled that Warner should repay US$79 million that he had fraudulently obtained from CONCACAF.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.