BREAKING NEWS: Antonio Brown released by Oakland Raiders

By Sports Desk September 07, 2019
Antonio Brown has been released by the Oakland Raiders, the team announced on Saturday.

Related items

  • Mahomes upbeat about injury, says knee 'looking good so far' Mahomes upbeat about injury, says knee 'looking good so far'

    Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes provided a positive early update on the knee injury which forced him out of his team's win over the Denver Broncos on Thursday night.

    The reigning NFL MVP is thought to have dislocated his kneecap on a quarterback sneak in the second quarter of the Chiefs' 30-6 victory over the Broncos.

    Mahomes was helped off the field after the fourth-down play and did not return to the game as backup Matt Moore filled in for a Chiefs team that improved to 5-2 with the win.

    Shortly after the game, Mahomes posted on Twitter: "Awesome team win! Love my brothers! Thank you for all the prayers! Everything looking good so far!"

    Reports suggest Mahomes will undergo an MRI on Friday to determine whether there is any ligament damage.

    "His knee didn't even look like a knee," tight end Travis Kelce said in quotes published on ESPN. "It was all out of whack. I couldn't even describe it."

    Mahomes has been battling an ankle problem in recent weeks, which made the play call on fourth down even more curious, yet Chiefs head coach Andy Reid defended the decision to use his star quarterback in such a way.

    "Not too many people get hurt on a sneak," Reid argued. "It's a freak thing and it happens."

  • Clasico postponed as RFEF tells Barcelona, Real Madrid to decide new date Clasico postponed as RFEF tells Barcelona, Real Madrid to decide new date

    The first Clasico of the season between Barcelona and Real Madrid, originally scheduled for October 26, has been postponed amid political unrest in Catalonia, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has confirmed.

    Violent scenes broke out in Barcelona after nine Catalan political leaders received long prison sentences for their roles in the region's 2017 referendum and subsequent unilateral declaration of independence.

    A rally in Barcelona has been called by pro-independence politicians for October 26, the day Barca were due to host bitter rivals Madrid.

    RFEF's Competition Committee assessed the situation in a meeting on Thursday and resolved to delay LaLiga's showpiece fixture.

    The clubs have now been given until the 10:00am local time on Monday, October 21 to come to a consensus on a suitable date for the match to be held.

    RFEF will assume responsibility for rescheduling the fixture if an agreement is not reached before the deadline.

    Omnisport understands LaLiga had proposed the possibility of moving the game to Madrid's home stadium, the Santiago Bernabeu, but the committee ruled a reversal of the fixture order was prohibited by competition regulations.

    Speaking before the announcement of the postponement, RFEF president Luis Rubiales said the Spanish government had not attempted to intervene in the decision-making process.

    "Regarding the government, what I can say is that this is a matter of football, and it is the competition committee which has to decide," Rubiales said.

    "So, the government hasn't contacted us or asked for one thing or another."

     

     

  • BREAKING NEWS: Clasico postponed as RFEF tells Barcelona, Real Madrid to decide new date BREAKING NEWS: Clasico postponed as RFEF tells Barcelona, Real Madrid to decide new date
    The first Clasico of the season between Barcelona and Real Madrid, originally scheduled for October 26, has been postponed amid political unrest in Catalonia, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has confirmed.
© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.