BREAKING NEWS: Joshua-Ruiz rematch set for December 7 in Saudi Arabia

By Sports Desk August 09, 2019

Anthony Joshua's rematch against unified heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr will take place in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on December 7.

Related items

  • Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger out for season with elbow injury Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger out for season with elbow injury

    Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2019 NFL season with an elbow injury.

    Roethlisberger will need surgery on his right elbow after damaging it in Sunday's 28-26 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, coach Mike Tomlin announced on Monday.

    "Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers' medical team that surgery will be required," Tomlin said in a statement. 

    "We expect the surgery will be scheduled for this week. He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season."

    Roethlisberger was seen shaking his throwing arm at various points during the first half of the team's home opener and even left for the locker room before returning to the sideline to play through the injury. He was later listed as questionable to return and backup Mason Rudolph started the second half.

    Roethlisberger completed eight of his 15 pass attempts for 75 yards.

    As for Rudolph, he saw his second pass tipped and intercepted, though he bounced back and filled in admirably, throwing for 112 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

    "Mason did a really, really, really good job today," tight end Vance McDonald said.

    There is further concern about Pittsburgh's offense after running back James Conner left the Seahawks game with a knee injury. The Steelers have yet to announce an update on the status of Conner, who missed three games last season with an ankle injury.

    The Steelers will look to avoid a dreadful 0-3 start when they visit the 2-0 San Francisco 49ers in Week 3.

  • De Gea commits future to Manchester United until 2023 De Gea commits future to Manchester United until 2023

    David de Gea has committed his future to Manchester United by signing a new deal until June 2023, the Premier League side have confirmed.

    De Gea, 28, was set to be out of contract at the end of the 2019-20 season but has instead signed to stay at United for at least another four years.

    The Spain international, who helped United win the Premier League in his second season at the club in 2012-13, had previously been linked with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Serie A champions Juventus.

    But any doubt over his future has been cleared up and De Gea could take his Old Trafford stay to 13 years if the option to extend his new deal by a further year to 2024 is exercised.

    "It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Manchester United is a genuine honour," De Gea told United's official website.

    "Since I arrived here, I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club. Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together.

    "As one of the senior players in the squad, I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here.

    "I still feel that I have so much more to achieve at the club and I truly believe that Manchester United can build on the club's tradition of success and reward our fans for their support.

    "I am committed to continuing repaying the fans for all of the care that they've shown me during the good times and the bad."

    Reports suggest De Gea's new deal is worth £375,000 per week and makes him the world's highest-paid goalkeeper.

    The shot-stopper, who is now in fierce competition with Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga to start for Spain, almost left United for Madrid in 2015, but paperwork was not submitted in time.

    De Gea claimed the Premier League Golden Glove in 2017-18 and has widely been regarded as one of the world's best at his position, although he is coming off a disappointing 2018-19 campaign.

    His new contract is a major boost for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United, who have endured a mixed opening to the campaign, with the Red Devils taking eight points from five matches.

    During De Gea's time at United, he has also lifted the FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League, and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he will be vital in their quest to return the glory days to Old Trafford.

    "I am delighted that David has committed his long-term future to the club," he said. "Over recent years, David has proved himself to be the best in the world and a vital part of our plans as we look to take Manchester United back to where it belongs.

    "David is a fantastic person and his outstanding quality provides the perfect base to our defence.

    "Over his time here, David has really understood the values of playing for Manchester United and now represents everything you want in a goalkeeper."

  • Lionel Messi returns to Barca squad for Dortmund trip Lionel Messi returns to Barca squad for Dortmund trip

    Lionel Messi is back in the Barcelona squad for the first time this season after recovering from a calf injury ahead of Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Borussia Dortmund.

    Messi suffered the injury in pre-season and has been unable to feature even as a substitute in Barca's first four LaLiga games of the 2019-20 season.

    The 32-year-old returned to training last week and took part in the full session on Sunday, despite coach Ernesto Valverde suggesting prior to Saturday's 5-2 demolition of Valencia that Messi would not be fit enough to face Dortmund.

    But ahead of Tuesday's Champions League opener, Messi has been named on Barca's squad list, meaning an appearance at Signal Iduna Park is a possibility.

    Barca's start to the domestic season has been indifferent without Messi.

    While they thrashed Valencia and Real Betis 5-2, those victories came after a 1-0 defeat at Athletic Bilbao and either side of a 2-2 draw at promoted Osasuna.

    Youngsters Carles Perez and Ansu Fati have been drafted in to help alleviate Barca's injuries woes in attack during Messi's absence, and both players have impressed.

    Perez has scored one goal in four outings, while 16-year-old Fati has netted twice and got an assist in just three matches.

    Luis Suarez made his return to from a brief absence against Valencia and scored twice off the bench, meaning he could potentially be brought into the starting XI in Dortmund.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.