Ramsey agents dismiss rumour Pirlo wants midfielder out of Juventus

By Sports Desk August 11, 2020

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Liverpool, Man Utd chase Sarr as Atletico consider Suarez Rumour Has It: Liverpool, Man Utd chase Sarr as Atletico consider Suarez

    Liverpool and Manchester United could be set for another transfer battle.

    The Premier League rivals were both reportedly interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who is set for a move to Anfield.

    Now it seems they could be targeting the same player once more.

     

    TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL, MAN UTD TARGET SARR

    Liverpool have enquired about Watford star Ismaila Sarr, according to the Daily Mail.

    It reports Watford want at least £36million for the 22-year-old forward, who scored five goals and provided four assists in 28 Premier League games last season.

    Meanwhile, The Independent says Manchester United are looking at Sarr as they continue to be frustrated in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - What is next for Luis Suarez? Goal reports Roma striker Edin Dzeko is set to join Juventus on a two-year deal, dashing Barcelona forward Suarez's hopes of heading to the Serie A champions. Fabrizio Romano says Atletico Madrid are considering a move for Suarez, while he also claims Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik is getting closer to a Roma switch.

    - Gareth Bale's return to Tottenham is almost done. Sky Sports reports the Real Madrid attacker will fly to London from Spain on Friday after completing a medical, returning to Spurs after leaving for the LaLiga giants in 2013.

    - Staying at Tottenham and The Sun claims Spurs had a transfer enquiry for forward Danny Ings rejected by Southampton. Ings enjoyed a prolific 2019-20 season, scoring 22 Premier League goals.

    - After a difficult first season at Real Madrid, Luka Jovic is apparently considering his options. According to Marca, the Serbian forward is studying a temporary loan move from the LaLiga champions.

    - At Madrid's rivals, Barcelona, more movement is also expected. Mundo Deportivo reports Ronald Koeman wants Ajax full-back Sergino Dest if Nelson Semedo leaves the club.

    - Could Chelsea's spending spree continue? The Independent reports West Ham star Declan Rice is yet to decide whether to push for a move to Stamford Bridge, where the likes of Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech and Thiago Silva are new arrivals.

  • No Barcelona offer as Pochettino talks up Real Madrid dream No Barcelona offer as Pochettino talks up Real Madrid dream

    Mauricio Pochettino said he did not receive an offer to coach LaLiga giants Barcelona, while the former Tottenham boss insisted leading Real Madrid is his dream.

    Pochettino was linked with Barca following Quique Setien's sacking before the embattled Spanish powerhouse opted for Ronald Koeman after a trophy-less 2019-20 campaign.

    Argentine manager Pochettino, who departed Tottenham in November last year, was asked about the Barca speculation.

    "They didn't offer me to coach Barca," he told Cope and Marca. "I didn't see myself with [president Josep Maria] Bartomeu.

    "I did eat with Ramon Planes because we have a friendship for many years, since 2009 when he signed for Espanyol."

    Pochettino had opened the door to potentially coaching Barca, having previously suggested he would not take charge at Camp Nou due to his links with rivals Espanyol.

    "I was ironic then," Pochettino reflected. "It was my first news conference at Tottenham and they asked me about the Barca rumours. Then I answered with my irony and I think I went too far, I said what I said.

    "It sounds very nice for the radical Espanyol fan but I did not want to speak for that radical fan. Nor do I have to justify any statement because no one can question my love for Espanyol."

    Pochettino has also been linked with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain, Serie A champions Juventus and Inter heading into the 2020-21 season.

    Thomas Tuchel remains in charge of PSG, Juve turned to Andrea Pirlo and Inter have opted to continue with Antonio Conte.

    "Neither PSG, nor Juventus, nor Inter Milan [made offers in the off-season]," Pochettino added. "I did have a call from Benfica and Monaco. I have no need to lie."

    Pochettino shunned Madrid in 2018, deciding to honour his contract with Premier League side Tottenham at the time.

    Madrid attempted to hire Pochettino as Zinedine Zidane's successor and asked about Los Blancos again, the 48-year-old said: "I don't know if I'll ever coach Madrid, but of course it's my dream.

    "If it's not the best it's one of the best clubs in the world. I'm no different, everyone has it on their dream list."

  • Juventus confirm Higuain exit amid Inter Miami links Juventus confirm Higuain exit amid Inter Miami links

    Juventus confirmed the termination of Gonzalo Higuain's contract in a move that will cost the Serie A champions €18.3million.

    Higuain, 32, arrived at Juve from Napoli in 2016 and won three Serie A titles and two Coppa Italia trophies with the club.

    The forward, who spent 2018-19 on loan at Milan and Chelsea, scored 66 goals in 148 games for Juve.

    Linked with a move to MLS side Inter Miami, Higuain's departure from Juve was confirmed on Thursday, with the former Argentina international having been contracted until 2021.

    "Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces the mutual termination of the contract with the player Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain," a statement read.

    "This operation generates a negative economic effect of approximately €18.3million on the 2019-2020 financial year due to the residual value write-down of the registration rights of the player."

    Higuain has been heavily linked with a switch to David Beckham's Inter Miami in MLS, where former Juve team-mate Blaise Matuidi calls home.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.