Rumour Has It: Man Utd to pay €120m for Sancho, Sanchez set for permanent Inter move

By Sports Desk August 04, 2020

Things seem to be moving quickly at Manchester United and Jadon Sancho could be on his way to Old Trafford.

Sancho, 20, has been heavily linked with a move to several Premier League giants this close season after starring for Borussia Dortmund.

And a switch to United appears to be close, latest reports indicate.

 

TOP STORY – MAN UTD TO PAY €120M FOR SANCHO

Borussia Dortmund expect Manchester United to pay £107.9million (€120m) for Sancho in instalments, according to Sport Bild.

Its report says the Bundesliga club are prepared to accept that as long as the offer is submitted by August 10.

Sancho scored 20 goals in 44 games in all competitions for Dortmund in 2019-20.

ROUND-UP

- Staying at Manchester United and Alexis Sanchez is reportedly set for a permanent exit. Gianluca Di Marzio reports Inter and United have reached an agreement over Sanchez, saying he will make his move to the Serie A club permanent on a free, signing a three-year deal worth €7m per year.

- Barcelona are still looking to raise funds. Sport reports the LaLiga club's main transfer targets are Inter star Lautaro Martinez and Manchester City defender Eric Garcia. Meanwhile, Sport also says Barca rejected a £54m (€60m) bid from a Premier League club for 20-year-old forward Francisco Trincao.

- While Manchester City are reportedly set to sign Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake, the Premier League giants are apparently still looking to strengthen elsewhere at the back. ESPN reports City are still interested in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, as well as Villarreal centre-back Pau Torres.

- There remains uncertainty over Antonio Conte's future at Inter, according to reports. Fabrizio Romano says the head coach held a call with president Steven Zhang with a decision to be made after the Europa League.

- With Willian coming out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season, the attacker is apparently attracting plenty of interest. France Football reports Arsenal have offered Willian the best deal with their three-year offer.

- Idrissa Gueye could be on his way out of Paris Saint-Germain after just one season. Le 10 Sport reports the Ligue 1 champions want to sell the midfielder, who has been linked to Manchester United and Wolves.

Related items

  • Suarez starts Atletico career on bench for Granada clash Suarez starts Atletico career on bench for Granada clash

    Luis Suarez will have to wait for his full Atletico Madrid debut after the former Barcelona striker was named on the bench for Sunday's clash with Granada.

    Uruguay star Suarez completed a €6million move to Atleti on Friday, after being deemed surplus to requirements by Barca.

    New Barca boss Ronald Koeman revealed in his news conference on Saturday that, while he planned to discard Suarez anyway, the decision to sell the former Liverpool star had already been made before he arrived at Camp Nou, much to Lionel Messi's chagrin.

    Diego Simeone was full of praise for his latest addition in the build-up to Atleti's home game against Granada, confirming the 33-year-old would be involved, though he did not reveal if Suarez would start.

    Ultimately, the striker had to settle for a place on the bench at the Wanda Metropolitano, with Joao Felix partnering Diego Costa up front.

    Alongside Suarez among the Atleti substitutes is midfielder Thomas Partey, who is reportedly the subject of interest from Arsenal.

    Simeone elected to go with Koke and Saul Niguez in central midfield, with Yannick Carrasco and Angel Correa out wide, and a back four of Kieran Trippier, Stefan Savic, Felipe and Renan Lodi – who enjoyed a fine maiden LaLiga season in 2019-20.

    Defender Jose Gimenez – a mooted Manchester City target – is in quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus.

  • Haaland joined Dortmund because Leipzig couldn't guarantee him minutes – Rangnick Haaland joined Dortmund because Leipzig couldn't guarantee him minutes – Rangnick

    Erling Haaland chose Borussia Dortmund over RB Leipzig because the latter could not guarantee game time, according to the club's former sporting director Ralf Rangnick.

    Norway striker Haaland has been a sensation at Dortmund, scoring 18 goals across all competitions since joining from Salzburg in January.

    Leipzig were also said to be in the running for Haaland given their links to the Austrian side but Rangnick acknowledged that at the time Dortmund had a spot in their line-up.

    "From everything I know about him and his father, the main reason was that Dortmund could guarantee him a regular place," Rangnick told MDR. 

    "Which wasn't so difficult because apart from [Paco] Alcacer they had no central striker. Alcacer was half the size of Haaland and only half as fast and twice as often injured."

    The likes of Naby Keita and Dayot Upamecano have made the move from Salzburg to Leipzig and Rangnick was disappointed to miss out on a player of Haaland's quality.

    "What a shame for Leipzig, it would have been a perfect match for us, our team and our style of play," Rangnick added.

    Leipzig do now have a Norwegian striker in the form of Alexander Sorloth, who failed to make an impact in the Premier League with Crystal Palace but starred on loan for Trabzonspor in Turkey.

    "Maybe with Alexander Sorloth a Haaland two will come to RB Leipzig," Rangnick said.

  • Mbappe a 'prototype' Ballon d'Or winner, says Anelka Mbappe a 'prototype' Ballon d'Or winner, says Anelka

    Kylian Mbappe is the "prototype" for a future Ballon d'Or winner, according to Nicolas Anelka.

    At just 21, the Paris Saint-Germain forward has already accumulated a plethora of top-tier trophies having won the World Cup with France, while reaching the Champions League final for PSG, with whom he has lifted eight domestic titles.

    However, with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo practically enjoying dual custody of the most prestigious world player of the year award, that honour has thus far eluded Mbappe.

    But compatriot Anelka, whose career saw him win silverware in England, Spain, France, Italy and Turkey, feels it is only a matter of time.

    "There are the old guys who are known and recognised, like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, but for me it is Mbappe who is really the image of the prototype of the striker with all the qualities required to be a future Ballon d'Or winner," he told RMC Sport. 

    "He's very fast, very smart, very technical. He has the qualities to do great things. He has proven it time and time again and he shows it in every game.

    "Neymar is very strong too. He is very strong too."

    Mbappe has endured a disrupted start to the new campaign after testing positive for coronavirus, but he made a goalscoring return in the 3-0 win over Nice.

    Thomas Tuchel's side are in action at Reims on Sunday.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.