Rumour Has It: Madrid captain Ramos makes contract demands, Barca and Man City in transfer talks

By Sports Desk July 23, 2020

Sergio Ramos has been the face of Real Madrid, especially since Cristiano Ronaldo's departure in 2018.

Ramos highlighted his importance as Madrid dethroned Barcelona in LaLiga this season.

As the 34-year-old's current deal winds down, talks are reportedly underway to prolong his stay.

 

TOP STORY – RAMOS REVEALS RENEWAL PLANS

Real Madrid captain Ramos wants €17million to renew his contract with the LaLiga champions, according to Diario Sport.

Ramos is out of contract in 2021 and there have been question marks as to whether the Spain skipper will sign a new deal at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The defender has called Madrid home since arriving from Sevilla in 2005.

ROUND-UP

- The front page of Thursday's Diario Sport claims Barcelona are determined to sign Manchester City defender Eric Garcia. The 19-year-old left Barca for City in 2017. It comes as Premier League outfit City push for a swap deal involving full-back Joao Cancelo and Barca's Nelson Semedo.

- Could Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic reunite with former Eintracht Frankfurt team-mate Ante Rebic at Milan? According to reports, Fali Ramadani – agent to both Jovic and Rebic – met with Milan directors Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara on Wednesday. Jovic has struggled since leaving Eintracht for Madrid at the start of the season, with the Serbia international linked to Milan, Napoli, Leicester City and Chelsea among others. Rebic, meanwhile, is on a two-season loan from Eintracht.

Manchester United are interested in signing Adrien Rabiot from Juventus, claims Calciomercato. Fellow Premier League teams Everton and Newcastle United are also reportedly interested.

- Sky Sport Italia and Sportitalia report Victor Osimhen is set to be presented as a Napoli player on Friday. The Lille forward had previously been the subject of reported interest from the likes of Liverpool and United. Sky journalist Fabrizio Romano also says talks are ongoing for Napoli to sign Jeremie Boga from Sassuolo.

- According to RAC1 journalist Gerard Romero, Barca are eyeing Villarreal defender Pau Torres. The 23-year-old – also linked to City – reportedly has a €50m release clause.

City have offered Yangel Herrera to Valencia in an attempt to lure winger Ferran Torres to Manchester, says Gols Media. City are looking to replace Leroy Sane following his Bayern Munich switch.

Milan have contacted the agent of Brescia star Sandro Tonali, claims Sportmediaset. While Inter remain the frontrunners, their city rivals are not giving up on the Italy midfielder.

- Mundo Deportivo says Chelsea are dreaming of signing Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen amid doubts over current number one Kepa Arrizabalaga. Chelsea have also been linked to Atletico Madrid star Jan Oblak.

Related items

  • Arteta predicts 'busy' finish to transfer window, has no update on Aouar Arteta predicts 'busy' finish to transfer window, has no update on Aouar

    Mikel Arteta expects a busy finish to the transfer window, but the Arsenal manager had no update regarding Houssem Aouar.

    Arsenal have been heavily linked with a move for Lyon star Aouar ahead of the transfer window closing on October 5.

    Asked about Aouar after a 3-1 Premier League loss to Liverpool on Monday, Arteta had no update, but he predicted a frantic finish to the transfer period.

    "We don't have any news on new players and either with players that might leave the football club," he told a news conference.

    "It's a week to go, I think it's going to be really busy for other clubs because not much business has been done.

    "Let's see what happens."

    Arteta added: "I think it will be busy for the Premier League. Busy for us, I don't know how it is going to happen."

    Arsenal's loss to Liverpool was their first of the Premier League season and they sit fifth in the table.

  • Aulas sets Friday deadline for Lyon departures amid Depay, Aouar links Aulas sets Friday deadline for Lyon departures amid Depay, Aouar links

    Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has set a Friday deadline for any departures from the Ligue 1 club amid talk about Memphis Depay and Houssem Aouar.

    Depay has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona, while Aouar is reportedly a target for Arsenal.

    But while the transfer window closes on October 5, Aulas wants any departures from Lyon to be confirmed by Friday.

    "I believe that we will tell the players that for everything that will not be settled in terms of departure before Friday, there will be no departure," he told Telefoot on Monday.

    "For us, the date of the transfer window will be Friday. I think to propose it tomorrow [Tuesday] to Rudi [Garcia, coach] and Juni [Juninho, sporting director].

    "We realise that there is something wrong. It can be that and many other things. Friday, players who have not left will not leave."

    Lyon have made a slow start to the Ligue 1 season, collecting just six points from their opening five games.

  • Genoa confirm 14 positive cases of coronavirus Genoa confirm 14 positive cases of coronavirus

    Serie A side Genoa have announced 14 people at the club have returned positive tests for coronavirus.

    The cases, from among the playing squad and other staff, were confirmed following the 6-0 league defeat to Napoli on Sunday.

    "The club has activated all the procedures as per the protocol and informed the authorities. The club will give updates as the situation evolves," Genoa said in a statement on Monday.

    This news means Saturday's scheduled game against Torino could now be in doubt.

    It also means Napoli will likely need to carry out tests of their squad before Sunday's clash with champions Juventus.

    Sampdoria also confirmed on Monday that forward Keita Balde had tested positive for COVID-19 and will now follow the necessary health protocols.

    The player is due to join Sampdoria from Monaco this week on loan.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.