Wait and see – Sancho staying cryptic on future amid Man Utd links

By Sports Desk July 18, 2020

Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho is not prepared to offer any guarantees over his future as talk builds of a move to Manchester United.

Recent reports suggest United are ready to negotiate a deal with the Bundesliga club, who are said to be holding out for a fee of close to €110million (£100m) for the England star.

Red Devils manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, long reported to be an admirer of Sancho, is said to be eager to add Sancho to an impressive attack already boasting Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial.

The 20-year-old, who has also been linked with Liverpool, appears unwilling to de drawn into the speculation about his plans.

Speaking to World Soccer Magazine about his future, Sancho said: "I don't know what to say to that. It's hard to say. That's the future.

"You never know what could happen, so we will wait and see."

Sancho left Manchester City to join Dortmund in 2017, where he has developed into one of the world's best young attacking players.

The winger, who was part of Watford's academy system before moving to City, was previously said to have been a keen Chelsea fan as a child.

However, Sancho now says he did not support any one team in particular but was instead more interested in watching certain stars of the game.

"My dad was a big fan of John Barnes," Sancho said. "He had a couple of videos of him at home and I used to watch them a lot.

"I used to look at Ronaldinho on YouTube. That was a big thing for me. He used to try things that no-one else would try and that made me like him a lot.

"I didn't have a team that I supported, though. I just idolised a lot of great players."

Related items

  • Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

    The 19-year-old United States international has signed a five-year contract with a €400m buyout clause, while the deal could eventually cost Barca €26m.

    Barca faced stiff competition for the Ajax academy product, with Bayern Munich said to be also keen on his signature, but his signing for the Blaugrana appeared a formality after he was spotted arriving in Catalonia on Tuesday.

    Dest broke into the Ajax senior side just last season, playing 35 times across all competitions as he established himself as an alternative to Noussair Mazraoui.

    An attack-minded full-back, Dest was originally a winger when he first joined Ajax, but he has thrived following a positional switch.

    Technically gifted, quick and a fine dribbler, Dest's performances saw him catch the eye of several major clubs in his breakout season, but it is the well-travelled path from Ajax to Barca that he has decided to tread.

    Barca had been on the lookout for a new right-back following the exit of Nelson Semedo, who failed to convince coaching staff and fans alike during his three years at Camp Nou.

    Netherlands-born Dest has already been capped three times by the United States' senior side, whom he is eligible for through his father.

    Barca have not confirmed if Dest will be in contention to make his debut on Thursday at Celta Vigo, or if he will have to wait for the visit of Sevilla three days later.

     

  • BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

     

  • Bale can revive his career after leaving Real Madrid, says Giggs Bale can revive his career after leaving Real Madrid, says Giggs

    Gareth Bale can rediscover his best form after leaving Real Madrid for Tottenham, according to his Wales coach Ryan Giggs.

    The 31-year-old completed a return to Tottenham last month on an initial season-long loan, seven years after swapping the two clubs for a world-record fee at the time.

    He won 13 trophies during his time in the Spanish capital but struggled for appearances over the past two seasons following a breakdown in relations with Zinedine Zidane and a lack of fitness.

    However, Giggs is hopeful that Bale - who has been left out of Wales' latest squad as he works his way back from a knee injury - will benefit from a return "home".

    "He will play more regularly than he did at Madrid," said Giggs ahead of next week's England friendly and the subsequent Nations League double-header with Republic of Ireland and Bulgaria.

    "I think it's a good move for Gareth, it's good for Spurs and good for the Premier League in general, to have someone like that who we can watch every week.

    "He's at a club he knows well with a very good manager and I think he's said himself it's like going back home."

    The versatile forward started training with Tottenham this week for the first time since heading back to north London, having sustained a knee injury while on international duty a month ago.

    He will be a key part of Wales' squad for next year's rearranged Euro 2020 and Giggs believes his side will only benefit from having a fully fit Bale in their ranks.

    "It will be so much better if he is playing regularly. He will be sharper, will be able to play those two games in a short space of time," said Giggs.

    "He's been able to manage it and produce performances because he looks after himself, because of his quality and the experience he's got. But it will be so much better when he is playing regularly."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.