Rumour Has It: Mourinho dreaming of Milinkovic-Savic at Spurs, Inter to wrap up Tonali deal

By Sports Desk July 01, 2020

Add Tottenham to the list of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic admirers.

The Lazio star and Serbia international has teams queuing up for his services, with Paris Saint-Germain reportedly tipped to secure his signature.

However, Premier League outfit Spurs are now eyeing Milinkovic-Savic.

 

TOP STORY – MILINKOVIC-SAVIC WANTED BY SPURS

Jose Mourinho is interested in bringing Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic to Tottenham, according to Foot Mercato.

Milinkovic-Savic is a player in demand, having been linked with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Juventus, Manchester City and Chelsea.

While a move for Milinkovic-Savic appears out of reach for Spurs, Jose Mourinho is still dreaming.

 

ROUND-UP

- While Milinkovic-Savic is a dream for Spurs, The Telegraph says Tottenham are confident of signing Southampton's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Mourinho, however, must raise transfer funds through sales from his squad.

Inter are in advanced talks with Brescia to finalise a deal for star Sandro Tonali, according to journalist Nicolo Schira. Inter have agreed a five-year deal with Tonali.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's future at Milan beyond the 2019-20 season is complicated, says Calciomercato. Ibrahimovic is out of contract at the end of the campaign and the 38-year-old striker is no closer to signing an extension. While he would like to remain at San Siro, an extension looks set to be postponed until the proposed arrival of Ralf Rangnick as head coach.

- Sport Bild reports Bayern Munich are hopeful of extending David Alaba's contract, despite failing to come to an agreement at a meeting last week. Alaba has been linked to Chelsea recently. Meanwhile, Sky Sport says Bayern are not prepared to exercise their option to sign Ivan Perisic permanently from Inter following his loan spell.

- ABC says Real Betis have been in negotiations with former West Ham, Real Madrid and Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini about their coaching vacancy.

Milan and Napoli are both interested in Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic, claims Le10 Sport. The Serbian could be a replacement for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, who has been linked to the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool and Real Madrid.

- The Daily Mail reports Arsenal are ready to use out-of-favour midfielder Matteo Guendouzi as a bargaining chip in a potential swap deal. United, PSG, Madrid and Barca have emerged as possible destinations.

Related items

  • Chilwell: Chelsea in position to start taking significant strides Chilwell: Chelsea in position to start taking significant strides

    Ben Chilwell believes Chelsea are nearing a point where they can begin to take significant strides forward this season.

    England international Chilwell was one of a number of new signings at Stamford Bridge for the 2020-21 season, with Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr and Edouard Mendy also brought in.

    Chilwell's introduction was slow due to a plantar fascia injury and caution was also exercised with Silva after he reached the Champions League final with Paris Saint-Germain last season.

    Ziyech and Christian Pulisic are nearing returns from hamstring issues, while Sarr – who the Blues plan to send out on loan – is yet to feature and Mendy has only been at the club for a week.

    Chilwell is looking forward to the full team finally getting to work together on the training field and build on an inconsistent start to the campaign.

    "With the players we've got here and that have been brought in, as well as coaching staff, it's a good recipe for things that can happen this season," Chilwell said on Thursday.

    "We're working on things on the training pitch a lot defensively, in terms of hopefully conceding less goals from set-pieces and open play.

    "We're working hard on that and hopefully when we build that team chemistry more and people start training more and getting back to match fitness and everyone gets together a bit more it should start to gel nicely.

    "It's the same at all clubs really. There's been little to no pre-season really. It kind of feels like it's gone straight from the back of last season into this season.

    "Players have come in and we've got the whole COVID situation which isn't helping things, injuries including myself, key players like Christian and new signings haven't been able to train with the squad as much as we'd like.

    "Thiago is quite new into the building, Edu, the new goalkeeper, is new into the building, so it's not been easy for us all to bond and gel together because we haven't had the opportunity to.

    "Hopefully over the next few weeks now we're all back into training and full fitness that will be a positive for us."

    Chilwell made his Chelsea debut in last week's 6-0 EFL Cup win over Barnsley and was handed his first start as the Blues exited that competition after a penalty shoot-out against Tottenham on Tuesday.

    Explaining his slow introduction to the team, he said: "It was a plantar fascia [injury]. It's one of them things you can't come back [from] too quickly because it just aggravates it.

    "Although it's been frustrating because when you join a new football club you want to play and train and help the team, if I'd rushed it I would've made it a lot worse.

    "Credit to the staff here because they've helped me manage the load and when I do come back that I'm fully fit and, touch wood, not gonna have another episode where it flares up again.

    "That's the reason for building me back into the match minutes slowly, which obviously I'm starting to appreciate now, because obviously it's important that I get it right.

    "I played against Tottenham a few days ago. I played 65 minutes and felt very fit, but I knew going in it was only gonna be a 60/65-minute job for myself because it's an injury that I can't miss steps out on and jump to playing 90 straight away because it'll aggravate it.

    "I felt fine after the game, trained today and ready for the weekend, so fitness-wise I feel very good."

  • Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

    The 19-year-old United States international has signed a five-year contract with a €400m buyout clause, while the deal could eventually cost Barca €26m.

    Barca faced stiff competition for the Ajax academy product, with Bayern Munich said to be also keen on his signature, but his signing for the Blaugrana appeared a formality after he was spotted arriving in Catalonia on Tuesday.

    Dest broke into the Ajax senior side just last season, playing 35 times across all competitions as he established himself as an alternative to Noussair Mazraoui.

    An attack-minded full-back, Dest was originally a winger when he first joined Ajax, but he has thrived following a positional switch.

    Technically gifted, quick and a fine dribbler, Dest's performances saw him catch the eye of several major clubs in his breakout season, but it is the well-travelled path from Ajax to Barca that he has decided to tread.

    Barca had been on the lookout for a new right-back following the exit of Nelson Semedo, who failed to convince coaching staff and fans alike during his three years at Camp Nou.

    Netherlands-born Dest has already been capped three times by the United States' senior side, whom he is eligible for through his father.

    Barca have not confirmed if Dest will be in contention to make his debut on Thursday at Celta Vigo, or if he will have to wait for the visit of Sevilla three days later.

     

  • BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

     

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.