Rumour Has It: Real Madrid have competition from Liverpool for PSG's Mbappe, Bayern make Sane offer

By Sports Desk June 22, 2020

For so long, Real Madrid have been tipped to sign Kylian Mbappe.

Zinedine Zidane has made no secret of his admiration for the Paris Saint-Germain sensation.

But, Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool could throw a spanner in the works, especially if Sadio Mane departs Merseyside.

 

TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL EYEING MBAPPE AMID MANE FEARS

Liverpool are plotting a move for Real Madrid target Kylian Mbappe amid fears over Sadio Mane's future at Anfield, according to The Sun.

Mane is contracted until 2023 but Liverpool are reportedly growing anxious as Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain monitor the situation.

As a result, Liverpool are eyeing PSG star Mbappe and Mane could figure in a swap deal plus £200million (€221m), which could disrupt Madrid's grand plans for the French forward.

 

ROUND-UP

- Sport Bild claims Bayern Munich have offered €40m (£36m) for Manchester City star Leroy Sane, who is set to leave the Premier League giants at the end of the season. Meanwhile, the Bundesliga champions are targeting Ajax sensation Sergino Dest. Sport Bild reports the United States international will arrive if they satisfy Ajax's demands, though Bayern are only thinking of a loan deal at the moment.

- It is a race against time for Miralem Pjanic to move to Barcelona. Sport says Barca and Juventus want to reach a deal by the end of June so it can be counted as part of the current season. The proposed deal would likely see Pjanic and Mattia De Sciglio join Barca, with Arthur moving in the opposite direction. However, Arthur is reluctant to swap Barcelona for Turin.

- Sport Bild reports Borussia Dortmund see no reason to sell Manchester United target Jadon Sancho in the off-season unless a club offers over €100m.

Mario Gotze remains in the sights of Milan, reports Calciomercato. Gotze will not renew his expiring contract at Dortmund and is set to leave Signal Iduna Park. Lazio have been linked but Milan are eyeing the German, with Ralf Rangnick reportedly in line to take over in the dugout.

- Napoli have turned down Liverpool's bid for star centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Corriere dello Sport.

- Tuttosport says Juve want Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik to partner superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. Juve are willing to offer Federico Bernardeschi as a makeweight in the deal.

- FC Inter News says Inter have rejected an offer from Marseille for midfielder Joao Mario. The Portuguese has spent the season on loan in Russia via Lokomotiv Moscow.

Related items

  • Solskjaer 'can't predict' how Maguire will react to Greece ordeal Solskjaer 'can't predict' how Maguire will react to Greece ordeal

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows there are no guarantees over Harry Maguire's form after a tumultuous close-season for the Manchester United captain.

    Maguire was arrested after an incident with police while on holiday on the Greek island of Mykonos last month.

    At a trial on the neighbouring island of Syros, the 27-year-old was found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and attempted bribery.

    He was handed a suspended prison sentence but maintains his innocence and Maguire's pending appeal nullifies the conviction under Greek law.

    "The process will keep on going," Solskjaer said ahead of United's Premier League opener at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

    "Knowing Harry, he's a very strong character so hopefully he can put that apart but naturally, as a human being, it will be in the back of your mind what's happened this summer, and apart from that you have just got to see how it develops with Harry.

    "Personally, I think he will be able to focus on his football but then who am I to … you can't predict how people will react, but so far he's trained well, he's been focused.

    "Hopefully that process will just go on and, of course, we know it's something that will go on in the legal department over there."

    Solskjaer announced earlier this month that Maguire would remain his captain after England boss Gareth Southgate removed him from the national squad to face Iceland and Denmark in the wake of his conviction.

    Maguire joined United for £80million from Leicester City last year, a world-record fee for a defender, and went on to make 55 appearances in all competitions in 2019-20, scoring three goals.

  • Sancho can be as good as Ronaldo, claims Guerreiro Sancho can be as good as Ronaldo, claims Guerreiro

    Jadon Sancho has all the qualities to become as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Borrusia Dortmund team-mate Raphael Guerreiro.

    England international Sancho has shot to prominence in Germany after opting to leave Manchester City in 2017 to pursue first-team opportunities. 

    The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to Manchester United and Guerreiro believes the sky is the limit for Sancho.

    In fact, he could even put himself on a par with all-time great and five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo.

    "Cristiano is one of the best in the world – and to even be as good as him, Jadon still has to work a lot, a lot," Guerreiro, an international colleague of Ronaldo's, told Bild. 

    "He has everything you need to be just as good as Cristiano, maybe even better someday.

    "Jadon is still very young, but has already played an outstanding role for us in the past two years.

    "He has the gift to make the difference – with passes, dribbles or goals."

    Dortmund appear determined to keep hold of Sancho, who scored 17 goals in 32 Bundesliga appearances last season.

    He was also on target in the 5-0 DFB-Pokal victory over Duisburg on Monday.

  • Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims England boss Gareth Southgate went against his wishes by calling up Mason Greenwood after the teenager's maiden senior international experience ended in disgrace.

    Greenwood, 18, was selected for the Three Lions squad to face Iceland and Denmark in the Nations League at the start of this month.

    He made his debut from the bench as England won the former game 1-0 but was then sent home along with Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden after the duo breached strict coronavirus protocols by entertaining women at the team hotel.

    Speaking ahead of United's first Premier League game of the 2020-21 season at home to Crystal Palace, Solskjaer questioned England's approach to Greenwood's welfare and suggested he needed a mental break after the rigours of a superb breakthrough campaign, which continued deep into August as United reached the semi-finals of the Europa League.

    "Yeah, of course I've spoken to Mason," Solskjaer said. "What we speak about and discuss will be between the two of us.

    "The kid had a fantastic season, he's just come through. I've worked and the club has worked and all the staff here have worked really hard - when we gave Mason enough time on the pitch, when we gave him exposure in the media.

    "Then you come to the end of the season and we've had less than two weeks off and he's called up to the national team."

    Solskjaer seemed to take particular exception to Greenwood being assigned media conference duties ahead of his England debut.

    "I have to be honest enough to say I tried my best to give him a rest over the summer, at the club we asked specifically and pointed out he should have had a rest," he added.

    "He needs it mentally and physically after that season he had and the first thing that happens is one, he's called up and two, he's right there in the press.

    "We've done whatever we can to protect him and I will keep on helping him. I know when he comes back into the daily routine of the club and what we do to him he'll be fine."

    Greenwood scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, matching the best return for a teenager in United colours - a distinction he now shares with club greats George Best, Brian Kidd and Wayne Rooney.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.