Rumour Has It: Grealish ahead of Sancho as Man Utd priority, Barca could miss out on Lautaro

By Sports Desk June 07, 2020

Jack Grealish or Jadon Sancho at Old Trafford?

Manchester United have been linked to both players.

But Aston Villa's Grealish has reportedly surged ahead of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon as United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer eyes reinforcements.

 

TOP STORY – GREALISH LEAPFROGS SANCHO AS UTD TARGET

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has moved ahead of Jadon Sancho on Manchester United's wishlist, according to the Mirror.

United have been tipped to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho at the end of the coronavirus-hit 2019-20 season.

But Grealish now reportedly tops United's list of transfer targets due to Dortmund's demands.

 

ROUND-UP

- Marca reports Barcelona risk losing out on signing Inter forward Lautaro Martinez. The LaLiga champions are favourites to prise Martinez to Camp Nou but they are yet to agree a deal. Now, United and Real Madrid are waiting in the wings.

Inter remain hopeful of signing Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal, says Calciomercato. It comes as the Nerazzurri also target Brescia sensation Sandro Tonali.

- The Mirror claims Liverpool have turned their attention to signing Wolves star Adama Traore as RB Leipzig's Timo Werner looks set to join Premier League rivals Chelsea.

Madrid have made an €80million offer for Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz, according to Bild. The deal would also see Havertz stay at Leverkusen on loan next season. The in-demand Germany international is also reportedly wanted by Bayern Munich, United and Liverpool.

- The Daily Mail reports United are looking to hijack Madrid's pursuit of Ajax star Donny van de Beek.

- Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani has turned down Inter as he heads to Atletico Madrid on a free transfer, says Tuttosport.

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Man City eyeing Nagelsmann amid Guardiola doubts, Ramos-Madrid deadlocked Rumour Has It: Man City eyeing Nagelsmann amid Guardiola doubts, Ramos-Madrid deadlocked

    It remains to be seen whether Pep Guardiola will re-sign with Manchester City.

    Guardiola's contract expires at the end of the season in Manchester.

    Should the Spaniard decide to move on, there are already two men on the list to replace him.

     

    TOP STORY – CITY INTERESTED IN NAGELSMANN

    Manchester City are eyeing RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann as a possible replacement for Pep Guardiola, according to the Daily Mail.

    Guardiola is out of contract at the end of the 2020-21 campaign and the City manager – who has been previously linked to Juventus – is no closer to re-signing.

    Should Guardiola decide to leave after arriving in 2016, Nagelsmann and former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino are early candidates.

     

    ROUND-UP

    Sergio Ramos and LaLiga champions Real Madrid remain deadlocked over contract talks, claims the front page of Monday's Diario AS. The 34-year-old is set to become a free agent at the end of the season and he wants a two-year deal, though Madrid are only committed to 12 months.

    - Tuttosport reports Juve and Barcelona are both pursuing Ajax sensation Ryan Gravenberch. The 18-year-old midfielder emerged from Ajax's youth system in 2018.

    Barcelona will block a January loan offer from Ligue 1 holders Paris Saint-Germain for Riqui Puig, according to Mundo Deportivo.

    Kylian Mbappe extending his PSG contract has not been ruled out, claims L'Equipe. Tipped to eventually join Madrid, while the likes of Liverpool, Barca and Manchester United have also been linked, Mbappe could stay in Paris should certain conditions be met. The Frenchman is keen to see what unfolds in the next transfer windows.

  • Pirlo not worried ahead of Barcelona clash as Juventus held again Pirlo not worried ahead of Barcelona clash as Juventus held again

    Andrea Pirlo insisted he was unworried about Barcelona after Juventus were held to another draw in Serie A.

    Juve needed a 77th-minute equaliser from Dejan Kulusevski to earn a 1-1 draw at home to Hellas Verona, who went ahead through Andrea Favilli on Sunday.

    The Serie A champions are winless in two consecutive league games against Verona for the first time since 1989 as Juve moved onto nine points through five games.

    Juve host Barca in the Champions League on Wednesday, but Pirlo was unfazed, saying he expected a different type of game.

    "No, I am not worried ahead of Barcelona, because they're two completely different games, with two different styles of play," the Juve head coach told a news conference.

    "As I said earlier, Atalanta like Verona play in a completely different way compared to Barcelona, therefore when you play against this kind of team it's a kind of game of its own.

    "You have to try and do certain things, which we tried to do during the game."

    The result left Juve three points behind leaders Milan, who host Roma on Monday.

    But Pirlo, who only took charge in August, is remaining upbeat about the direction his side are heading in.

    "No, I am not worried [about the draws] because we are under construction," he said.

    "Of course, we're sorry we're dropping points along the way, but we're on the right path and we are building a long-term project.

    "It's only the fifth game we play together and for our future I can only see positive things."

  • Van de Beek shouldn't have joined Man Utd – Van Basten Van de Beek shouldn't have joined Man Utd – Van Basten

    Donny van de Beek should not have joined Manchester United as he struggles for game time at Old Trafford, insisted Dutch great Marco van Basten.

    Van de Beek is yet to start a Premier League match for United after arriving from Eredivisie champions Ajax at the start of the season in a deal that could rise to £39.1million (€44m).

    An unused substitute in Saturday's goalless draw with Chelsea, Van de Beek has only played 60 minutes of football in four Premier League matches amid growing doubts in Manchester.

    Van de Beek, who was previously tipped to join Real Madrid, played the final two minutes of United's Champions League win at Paris Saint-Germain, while the 23-year-old started both EFL Cup games, having scored off the bench in the club's Premier League opener.

    Legendary former Ajax, Milan and Netherlands striker Van Basten discussed Van de Beek's situation at the Theatre of Dreams.

    "Donny should not have gone to Manchester United," Van Basten said on Ziggo Sport' 'Rondo'. "When you are a good player you want to play every week.

    "It is really bad for a player like Donny to play only six or seven games this year. That is shocking for your match rhythm.

    "I know he is earning loads and loads more than he used to.

    "But as a top player you have to be critical and look at the chances of playing when you sign for a new club.

    "Donny should have waited for better prospects and signed for another club."

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's midfield options include stars Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Fred, Nemanja Matic and Scott McTominay.

    Solskjaer has preferred a midfield duo of Fred and McTominay just behind Fernandes in games against Chelsea, PSG and Newcastle United, with Pogba on the bench.

    In his limited Premier League minutes, Van de Beek has a passing accuracy of 83.33 per cent – better than Pogba and Fernandes, while his chances created – one – is the same amount as Pogba, Fred and Matic.

    United host RB Leipzig in Champions League action on Wednesday, before welcoming Arsenal to Manchester in the Premier League on Sunday.

    The Red Devils are 15th in the Premier League through five matchdays, six points off the pace.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.