Rumour Has It: PSG want €175m in cash for Neymar, Man City circling Bennacer

By Sports Desk June 04, 2020

The arrivals of Lautaro Martinez and Neymar at the end of the season had been the dream for Barcelona.

Forming the best attack in the world had been the idea, prising Inter's Martinez to Camp Nou and re-signing Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

But Barca have reportedly been priced out of a deal for Neymar.

 

TOP STORY – PSG SET NEYMAR PRICE

Paris Saint-Germain want €175million in cash for Barcelona target Neymar, according to Sport.

Neymar left Barca for PSG in a world-record €222m transfer in 2017 but the Brazilian superstar continues to be linked with a Camp Nou comeback.

But Barca's hopes have been dealt a blow due to PSG's demands and coronavirus as they prioritise Inter forward Lautaro Martinez.

 

ROUND-UP

- RMC Sport claims Manchester City are interested in Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer. Pep Guardiola has reportedly talked to Bennacer about a move to the Premier League. City are also interested in Barca's Sergi Roberto, claims Mundo Deportivo.

Real Madrid are keen on signing Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, AS says. The England international has been tipped to join United, while Chelsea and Liverpool have also been linked.

- Calciomercato claims Napoli are eyeing a move for Lille forward Victor Osimhen. It comes amid uncertainty over the futures of Arkadiusz Milik and Jose Callejon. Milik has been heavily linked to Juventus, while the likes of Sevilla and Real Betis are reportedly interested in bringing former Madrid winger Callejon back to LaLiga.

Sevilla are prepared to wait until the end of the season for Barca's Ivan Rakitic, reports Mundo Deportivo. Barca are willing to sanction Rakitic's transfer and Spanish rivals Sevilla are looking to bring the Croatia international back to Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

- According to L'Equipe, injury-plagued Barca star Ousmane Dembele has no intention of leaving Camp Nou for Juve.

- ESPN says United need more cash to sign Birmingham City sensation Jude Bellingham. The 16-year-old has also been linked to Dortmund.

Fabian Ruiz is wanted by Spain's two biggest clubs – Barca and Madrid. But Mundo Deportivo says the Napoli star is moving further away from a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu due to Madrid not being able to meet the Italian club's valuation. Luka Jovic and James Rodriguez have been mentioned as possible makeweights but Napoli only want cash.

- Lille defender Gabriel has emerged as a possible replacement for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly. Le10Sport says Napoli have identified Gabriel as well as Fiorentina pair German Pezzella and Nikola Milenkovic. Sky Sport Italia, meanwhile, says United are offering £71m (€80m) for Koulibaly but Napoli are holding out for at least £89m (€100m).

Pedro is a player in demand. The Chelsea forward is set to become a free agent and AS says Roma are the Spaniard's "priority". Juve, Sevilla, Betis and Valencia have also been credited with interest.

Related items

  • Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke' Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke'

    Jose Mourinho described the hectic schedule facing Tottenham as a "total joke" ahead of Sunday's trip to Southampton for a midday kick-off.

    Spurs laboured to a 2-1 Europa League qualifying win against Lokomotiv Plovdiv in Bulgaria on Thursday, securing a trip to Macedonia to face Shkendija next week.

    That will come two days after taking on Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup, while victories in both of those knockout ties would ensure a similarly packed run of fixtures the week after.

    While Mourinho wants to be fighting for silverware on multiple fronts, he is not happy with the governing bodies who organise the calendar.

    "I hope it is [a busy schedule], because I wouldn't like to be knocked out of the Europa League or even the Carabao Cup," he said.

    "But the people who make these decisions...forgot this situation is not possible, this is a joke, a total joke.

    "We were very, very lucky that Leyton [Orient] beat Plymouth, because Plymouth would be very, very far for us.

    "We're in Bulgaria, then Saturday in Southampton, then Wednesday we will be again flying to Macedonia, and so on and so on.

    "It's quite dramatic but I prefer the drama of being in these competitions, so let's fight while we can."

    Southampton head into this weekend's Premier League clash having lost back-to-back matches.

    Following defeat to Brentford in the EFL Cup, boss Ralph Hasenhuttl cited the squad's disrupted preparations for the new campaign as a factor in their slow start.

    It is something Mourinho identifies with, having seen his Spurs side suffer a lacklustre 1-0 opening-game loss to Everton before leaving it late to overcome nine-man Plovdiv.

    "I read Ralph's comments after the game and I would say my words are very similar to his words," said the Portuguese.

    "A lot of players that are not at the top of their game, at the top of their condition. The pre-season was not good, many of the players didn't even have a pre-season.

    "And we're using these matches also for the evolution of the players and the team.

    "But the reality is we are playing for big things. If you lose a match in the Premier League, you lost three points; if today we lost, we would be out of the Europa League.

    "It's difficult to manage both things at the same time. We are going to try to recover the best we can.

    "The game could be five or six o'clock to give us a bit more time, but no it's 12 o'clock – that's another great decision.

    "In this moment, to prepare is to recover."

  • Liverpool-bound Thiago: Leaving Bayern Munich the most difficult decision of my career Liverpool-bound Thiago: Leaving Bayern Munich the most difficult decision of my career

    Thiago Alcantara says leaving Bayern Munich after seven trophy-laden seasons with the club is the "most difficult decision" of his career as he closes in on a move to Liverpool.

    Bayern confirmed on Thursday the 29-year-old is heading to Anfield in a move Stats Perform News understands could eventually be worth £25million (€27.5m).

    Spain international Thiago joined the Bavarian giants in 2013 and has won 16 trophies during that time, including a famous treble in his final campaign at the Allianz Arena.

    He is expected to sign a four-year deal with Liverpool as early as Friday, becoming the Premier League champions' second signing of the transfer window.

    In a video message posted on social media, Thiago bid an emotional farewell to Bayern and admitted he is looking forward to starting a new journey with Liverpool.

    "Yes, it has been the most difficult decision of my career," he said. "I decided to close this chapter in this wonderful club, the club where I grew and developed myself as a player during the last seven years.

    "Victories, success, joyful moments and some hard times as well.

    "But what I am most proud of is having arrived in Munich being a young man full of dreams and leaving completely fulfilled and identified with a club, a history, a philosophy, a language and a culture.

    "Here I learnt how to love and respect a tradition which I say goodbye to now but I will never forget the Mia San Mia.

    "Me and my family have lived amazing moments in the city, at Sabener Strasse, and of course, in our beloved Allianz Arena. With you, my Bayern family who treated me so well and loved me every second.

    "My decision is purely sports related. As a football player, I want and I need new challenges in order to develop myself as I did here. Bayern will always be my heimat, Eternal Thanks to you, Bayern."

    Thiago has made 235 appearances in all competitions across seven seasons with Bayern, scoring 31 goals and providing 35 assists.

  • Solskjaer 'can't predict' how Maguire will react to Greece ordeal Solskjaer 'can't predict' how Maguire will react to Greece ordeal

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows there are no guarantees over Harry Maguire's form after a tumultuous close-season for the Manchester United captain.

    Maguire was arrested after an incident with police while on holiday on the Greek island of Mykonos last month.

    At a trial on the neighbouring island of Syros, the 27-year-old was found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and attempted bribery.

    He was handed a suspended prison sentence but maintains his innocence and Maguire's pending appeal nullifies the conviction under Greek law.

    "The process will keep on going," Solskjaer said ahead of United's Premier League opener at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

    "Knowing Harry, he's a very strong character so hopefully he can put that apart but naturally, as a human being, it will be in the back of your mind what's happened this summer, and apart from that you have just got to see how it develops with Harry.

    "Personally, I think he will be able to focus on his football but then who am I to … you can't predict how people will react, but so far he's trained well, he's been focused.

    "Hopefully that process will just go on and, of course, we know it's something that will go on in the legal department over there."

    Solskjaer announced earlier this month that Maguire would remain his captain after England boss Gareth Southgate removed him from the national squad to face Iceland and Denmark in the wake of his conviction.

    Maguire joined United for £80million from Leicester City last year, a world-record fee for a defender, and went on to make 55 appearances in all competitions in 2019-20, scoring three goals.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.