Rumour Has It: Mbappe contract a priority for PSG, Inter offer Martinez attractive deal

By Sports Desk April 23, 2020

Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly eager to extend Kylian Mbappe's contract, while Inter are still doing their all to keep Lautaro Martinez.

Mbappe has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid despite being contracted at PSG until 2022.

Madrid's rivals, Barcelona, meanwhile, want Martinez, but they are facing their own challenges.

 

TOP STORY – MBAPPE EXTENSION A PRIORITY FOR PSG AS TENSIONS RISE

Despite the coronavirus pandemic impacting clubs financially, PSG are prioritising a lucrative new deal for Mbappe, according to ESPN.

Mbappe, 21, is a reported target for Real Madrid, whose interest seemingly remains.

AS reports PSG are prepared to lose Mbappe on a free in 2022 rather than selling him to Madrid before then.

 

ROUND-UP

- It remains to be seen whether Martinez will head to Barcelona. The cover of Sport says Inter are responding to Barca's interest by offering the forward an attractive new contract, although the LaLiga club are preparing their "final assault".

- Barcelona could have other plans should they not be able to land Martinez. Mundo Deportivo reports RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner, who has been linked with Liverpool, remains a serious back-up option for Barca.

- Seeking support for Casemiro, Real Madrid are apparently considering a move for Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga. The cover of Marca says Madrid could pay €60million for the 17-year-old.

- Arthur is linked with a move away from Barcelona. Tottenham and Inter will chase the midfielder, according to Mundo Deportivo.

- Inter Miami have been eyeing a big-name signing. Goal reports owner David Beckham has been in contact with Real Madrid regarding potentially signing James Rodriguez.

- Loris Karius could be heading back to Liverpool. The Telegraph reports the goalkeeper is close to mutually agreeing a termination of his loan at Turkish club Besiktas and returning to Anfield.

Related items

  • Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

    The 19-year-old United States international has signed a five-year contract with a €400m buyout clause, while the deal could eventually cost Barca €26m.

    Barca faced stiff competition for the Ajax academy product, with Bayern Munich said to be also keen on his signature, but his signing for the Blaugrana appeared a formality after he was spotted arriving in Catalonia on Tuesday.

    Dest broke into the Ajax senior side just last season, playing 35 times across all competitions as he established himself as an alternative to Noussair Mazraoui.

    An attack-minded full-back, Dest was originally a winger when he first joined Ajax, but he has thrived following a positional switch.

    Technically gifted, quick and a fine dribbler, Dest's performances saw him catch the eye of several major clubs in his breakout season, but it is the well-travelled path from Ajax to Barca that he has decided to tread.

    Barca had been on the lookout for a new right-back following the exit of Nelson Semedo, who failed to convince coaching staff and fans alike during his three years at Camp Nou.

    Netherlands-born Dest has already been capped three times by the United States' senior side, whom he is eligible for through his father.

    Barca have not confirmed if Dest will be in contention to make his debut on Thursday at Celta Vigo, or if he will have to wait for the visit of Sevilla three days later.

     

  • BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax BREAKING NEWS: Barcelona beat Bayern Munich to signing of Dest from Ajax

    Barcelona have completed the signing of right-back Sergino Dest from Ajax for an initial €21million.

     

  • Neymar boost for PSG but Tuchel says reinforcements needed to repeat Champions League run Neymar boost for PSG but Tuchel says reinforcements needed to repeat Champions League run

    Neymar has handed Paris Saint-Germain a fitness boost ahead of Friday's Ligue 1 contest with Angers but head coach Thomas Tuchel doubts his side can repeat their run to the Champions League final without strengthening the squad.

    Brazil star Neymar sustained a calf injury in the 2-0 beating of Reims, while Idrissa Gueye has been contending with an ankle complaint.

    But when asked to provide an update on both players, Tuchel delivered a positive message for the club's fans.

    "Two bits of good news - they [Neymar and Gueye] have been part of the last two training sessions with good intensity," Tuchel told a news conference. 

    "They are ready and fit, neither of them has any problems at the minute."

    The draw for the Champions League group stage takes place on Thursday with PSG aiming to do better than their run to the final last term, where the tournament was completed in Portugal from the quarter-final stages having been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    Tuchel noted the additions made by the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Inter as a sign PSG need to reinforce a squad that has thus far added just Alessandro Florenzi but lost Edinson Cavani, Thiago Silva and Thomas Meunier.

    "It's sport, it is football, everything is possible. We know that in order to do the same things you need some luck in matches," he added. 

    "If we keep the squad we have today, honestly, we can't ask for the same results, because that is the situation. 

    "For example we look at Liverpool, they were not in Portugal at all and they have now signed Thiago [Alcantara] and another player from Wolves [Diogo Jota]. 

    "Man City have signed some defenders after losing in the quarter-finals. Atletico now have Luis Suarez, Inter Milan were not in Portugal but they now have two teams in their squad able to compete in the Champions League. 

    "The teams will have to battle against a big challenge. It will be more difficult than last year if we stay like this."

    Asked if reinforcements will be made during the remaining days of the transfer window, Tuchel said: "If we sign any other players that is something I'm not sure about at the moment, we have to wait and see but we will never stop giving the players confidence. 

    "We will never accept if we don't win and we always play to win that's the situation, that's the reality at the moment.

    "It is not impossible for us to sign new players and we will never stop pushing the players we are working with.

    "I think it is necessary to say that at the moment we don't have the same quality in the squad. We don't have the same players. That's the reality. 

    "It doesn't mean I want to lose games or not win, not at all. We are going to do everything possible to work hard and perform at the highest level. 

    "We won't accept excuses but we also have to face reality and that we have lost players as you mentioned. 

    "If we stay like this maybe we can't ask for the same targets with a reduced squad because as I said we have to cope with Liverpool, Man City, Atletico and Inter who have done well in the window. 

    "The club knows which profile we need in terms of new recruits. Now we have to wait."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.