Rumour Has It: Real Madrid return for Ronaldo ruled out

By Sports Desk April 08, 2020

Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a stunning return to Real Madrid, but it seems that is just about impossible.

The Juventus star only left the Santiago Bernabeu in 2018, yet recent reports linked him with a Madrid return.

However, it appears that is unlikely.

 

TOP STORY – REAL MADRID RETURN FOR RONALDO RULED OUT

Real Madrid are not thinking about bringing Ronaldo back, according to both Marca and Sport.

It has been reported that Juve would consider selling Ronaldo for €60million, which is €40m less than what they paid in July 2018.

Ronaldo had scored 25 goals in 32 games this season before it was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

ROUND-UP

- Neymar continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona. Sport reports Paris Saint-Germain would be willing to accept payment in instalments from Barcelona, something that proved to be an issue last close season.

- Paul Pogba looks set to leave Manchester United for either Juventus or Real Madrid. AS reports the France midfielder will prioritise an offer from the LaLiga giants.

- On loan at PSG from Inter, Mauro Icardi's future is uncertain. Sport reports PSG have decided they will use their purchase option of €70m to land the forward permanently.

- It seems Barcelona know what they want for Philippe Coutinho. The LaLiga giants have set their price for the attacker, who is on loan at Bayern Munich, at €90m, according to Sport.

- David Silva will leave Manchester City at the end of the season and where he ends up remains to be seen. CalcioMercato reports AC Milan met the playmaker's agents over a possible move.

- It is shaping as a busy close season at Barcelona. Sport reports PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa, out of contract at campaign's end, wants a move to Barcelona. Meanwhile, AS reports Barca are also eyeing Real Madrid's 19-year-old midfielder Cesar Gelabert.

Related items

  • Man City's Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva at Valencia Man City's Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva at Valencia

    New Manchester City signing Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva when he started out at Valencia.

    Torres last week moved to City for an initial £21.1million, arriving as a replacement for Leroy Sane following his move to Bayern Munich.

    The Spain Under-21 winger joined Los Che as a seven-year-old, when Silva was part of a strong Valencia side regularly featuring in European competition.

    Silva left Mestalla for City in 2010 but had already made a mark on Torres.

    "When I started at Valencia, he was enjoying his best time at the club," Torres told CityTV of Silva, City's outgoing captain.

    "He was always an inspiration and then, when he moved to City, where he's been playing his best football, I've always admired him.

    "Above all, [what I liked was] his ability to hold the ball, his capacity to make the final pass and his quality."

    Asked what motivated him to join City, Torres highlighted the importance of manager Pep Guardiola in his decision.

    He said: "Being part of the project the club set out to me. My aim is to grow as a player. I have a lot of room for improvement and the fact of having Pep Guardiola as a manager was a big factor too.

    "It was crucial because he's one of the best, or I'd say the best manager in the world, and at the point I am at now in my career, he can get the best out of me.

    "I'm always trying to improve. I always like to ask the reason why we do things and I think this is fundamental for improving and also because I think I'm young and I still have lots of things to improve."

    Torres is confident he can quickly adapt to the Premier League after firmly establishing himself in the first team at Valencia in 2019-20.

    "The truth is that English football is a bit more physical than it is in Spain, but I really feel I'm ready and I'm looking forward to getting going as soon as possible," he said.

    "I'd say that I have more strength than speed. I also make good crosses, but above all I'd highlight my power and strength."

  • Javi Martinez looking to leave Bayern Munich, Rummenigge confirms Javi Martinez looking to leave Bayern Munich, Rummenigge confirms

    Javi Martinez is looking to leave Bayern Munich after eight years with the German club, chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed.

    The 31-year-old midfielder joined Bayern from Athletic Bilbao in 2012 and has won 19 trophies during his time at the Allianz Arena.

    However, Martinez has been restricted to just 10 starts in all competitions in 2019-20 and recently entered the final 12 months of his contract.

    Rummenigge has opened the door for the Spaniard to move on during the close season, with teams in France and former club Athletic rumoured to be interested.

    "We know that he would like to leave the club with a suitable offer," Rummenigge told AZ. 

    "We wouldn't put any obstacles in his way because he was always a good player and a reliable, serious person. We will always try to find a solution that suits the player."

    Rummenigge also reiterated on Wednesday that fellow midfielder Thiago Alcantara, strongly linked with Liverpool, will only be allowed to leave if his valuation is met.

    Bayern are also in talks with versatile defender David Alaba over a new contract, while loanee Philippe Coutinho will return to Barcelona later this month.

  • Lille sign Jonathan David from Gent for €30m Lille sign Jonathan David from Gent for €30m

    Lille have signed striker Jonathan David from Gent in a reported €30million deal to boost their attacking options further after losing Victor Osimhen to Napoli.

    Osimhen, who scored 13 Ligue 1 goals last season, joined the Partenopei at the end of July in a deal that could eventually be worth €54m.

    While Lille moved quickly to bring in veteran Turkey forward Burak Yilmaz, a large chunk of the Osimhen fee was used to recruit Canada's David.

    The 20-year-old has signed a five-year contract in Lille and will wear the number nine shirt, which previously belonged to Loic Remy, who is said to have failed a medical at Benevento in recent weeks.

    David scored an impressive 37 goals in 83 games for Gent in all competitions, having made his debut in August 2018.

    The American-born front man also has an outstanding strike rate at international level, netting 11 times in 12 senior matches for Canada.

    "I'm really happy," David said. "I've been eagerly awaiting this day and it's a pleasure to be a Dogue.

    "I know the project that has been put in place here by the president, [sporting director] Luis Campos and [head coach] Christophe Galtier. This is a very good team with great players.

    "I want to play and to progress and I think that this is the perfect place."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.