Rumour Has It: Neymar objective number one for Barcelona

By Sports Desk March 04, 2020

Neymar is reportedly becoming Barcelona's top target again ahead of next season.

The Brazil international was heavily linked with a return to the LaLiga giants ahead of this season, but ended up staying at Paris Saint-Germain.

However, Barca are ready to try to land the forward once more.

 

TOP STORY – NEYMAR OBJECTIVE NUMBER ONE FOR BARCELONA

Neymar is Barcelona's top priority ahead of the 2020-21 season, according to Sport.

The cover of the Spanish sports daily reads: "Neymar objective number one".

It reports FIFA is also allowing Barcelona to negotiate more strongly with PSG than it did last year.

Neymar has scored 16 goals in 20 games in all competitions for PSG this season.

 

ROUND-UP

- Staying with PSG and L'Equipe reports the Ligue 1 giants will not release France star Kylian Mbappe, or any of their players including Neymar, to play at the Olympics.

- Harry Kane may be sidelined with a hamstring injury, but his career at Tottenham remains a talking point. The Telegraph reports the forward will consider his future with Spurs at the end of the season as they face another campaign without silverware.

- Jadon Sancho continues to star for Borussia Dortmund and the 19-year-old is already up to 17 goals in all competitions this season. Bild reports the asking price for the England international has risen to £122million (€140m), with Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea said to be interested in the attacker.

- Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea have already made contact with the agent of Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira, who says they are ready to offer the 21-year-old an annual salary of €8m.

- Appearing set for a Barcelona exit at the end of the season, Ivan Rakitic recently met with Atletico Madrid representatives, according to Marca.

- With plenty of changes seemingly ahead at Camp Nou, Mundo Deportivo reports Barcelona are in regular contact with the agency of Ferran Torres, the 20-year-old attacker who has caught the eye at Valencia.

Related items

  • Wolves' Jimenez suffered fractured skull against Arsenal Wolves' Jimenez suffered fractured skull against Arsenal

    Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull and underwent surgery after a sickening injury in Wolves' win at Arsenal on Sunday, the club have confirmed.

    Jimenez collided heavily with Arsenal centre-back David Luiz when defending a fifth-minute corner at Emirates Stadium and left the field on a stretcher after receiving oxygen and lengthy medical attention.

    Wolves provided an update on Monday, confirming the nature of the injury and adding that the Mexican was "comfortable" after an operation.

    "Raul is comfortable following an operation last night, which he underwent in a London hospital," read a club statement.

    "He has since seen his partner Daniela and is now resting. He will remain under observation for a few days while he begins his recovery.

    "The club would like to thank the medical staff at Arsenal, the NHS paramedics, hospital staff and surgeons who, through their skill and early response, were of such help.

    "The club ask that Raul and his family are now afforded a period of space and privacy, before any further updates are provided in due course."

    Managers Nuno Espirito Santo and Mikel Arteta wished Jimenez well following the match, with much of the post-game talk centred on the 29-year-old's health.

    The visitors managed to retain their focus to win the contest 2-1, with all three goals coming in the first half.

    Daniel Podence's effort just before the break settled matters, lifting Wolves up to sixth.

  • BREAKING NEWS: Wolves' Jimenez suffered fractured skull against Arsenal BREAKING NEWS: Wolves' Jimenez suffered fractured skull against Arsenal

    Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull and underwent surgery after a sickening injury in Wolves' win at Arsenal on Sunday, the club have confirmed.

    Jimenez collided heavily with Arsenal centre-back David Luiz when defending a fifth-minute corner at Emirates Stadium and left the field on a stretcher after receiving oxygen and lengthy medical attention.

    Wolves provided an update on Monday, confirming the nature of the injury and adding that the Mexican was "comfortable" after an operation.

    "Raul is comfortable following an operation last night, which he underwent in a London hospital," read a club statement.

    "He has since seen his partner Daniela and is now resting. He will remain under observation for a few days while he begins his recovery.

    "The club would like to thank the medical staff at Arsenal, the NHS paramedics, hospital staff and surgeons who, through their skill and early response, were of such help.

    "The club ask that Raul and his family are now afforded a period of space and privacy, before any further updates are provided in due course."

  • Cavani Instagram post to be investigated by FA Cavani Instagram post to be investigated by FA

    Edinson Cavani's Instagram post containing an offensive phrase is set to be investigated by the Football Association (FA).

    The Manchester United forward sent the message after scoring twice in Sunday's 3-2 victory at Southampton, including a last-gasp winner.

    Uruguay international Cavani used a Spanish phrase in response to an Instagram story from a fan and has since deleted the post, having been told of its potential to cause offence.

    The FA said it had been informed and would look into it, while United are also reported to be aware of the post.

    Cavani's double at St Mary's Stadium came after he was introduced from the bench at half-time, the victory leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side just three points adrift of the top three with a game in hand.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.