Ibrahimovic makes Hammarby transfer hint in Instagram post

By Sports Desk November 26, 2019

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has a teased a possible return to Sweden by suggesting he may have signed for Allsvenskan side Hammarby.

The 38-year-old free agent used Instagram to publish an animation of a Hammarby shirt bearing his name.

He tagged the club's account in the post but offered no further insight into the meaning of the message.

Ibrahimovic, who began his career with Malmo, has been on the lookout for a new club since confirming his departure from MLS side LA Galaxy in November.

Routinely linked to several Serie A clubs, the former Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United star has never hidden from speculation over his future, and has often fuelled such talk.

Ibrahimovic suggested in October that he was "coming back" to Spain, but the clue proved to be a promotion for a new commercial venture.

Galaxy head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto claimed the enigmatic striker wanted to end his career in Italy. Bologna, where the Swede's confidant Sinisa Mihajlovic is in charge, appeared a possible destination.

AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli described Ibrahimovic as a "great champion" but said January additions were not yet being discussed at San Siro, while Jose Mourinho ruled out any chance of a reunion at Tottenham.

"It doesn't make sense to sign him when we have Harry Kane," Mourinho, who has managed Ibrahimovic at Inter and Manchester United, said on Monday.

Related items

  • Walker-Peters swaps Spurs for Southampton Walker-Peters swaps Spurs for Southampton

    Southampton have confirmed the signing of Kyle Walker-Peters on loan from Tottenham.

    The full-back moves to the south coast for the rest of the 2019-20 season having struggled for playing time at Spurs.

    Walker-Peters made just five appearances in all competitions under both Mauricio Pochettino and Jose Mourinho, his last outing coming in a 3-1 Champions League defeat away to Bayern Munich in December.

    A product of Tottenham's youth system, the 22-year-old is looking forward to working under Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl as he seeks to feature more regularly in the remainder of the campaign.

    "I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given by the manager and the club," Walker-Peters told Southampton's official website.

    "I come here looking to help the club improve and improve myself. I just want to win as many games as possible and enjoy playing football.

    "I had a chat with the manager and he assured me I was the type of player he liked and I got that feeling from watching Southampton that I could fit in well."

    Walker-Peters' arrival at Southampton could clear the way for the departure of fellow defender Cedric Soares, who has been strongly linked with a loan move to Arsenal.

  • Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd: From Ronaldo to Bebe - All the players to swap Portugal for Old Trafford Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd: From Ronaldo to Bebe - All the players to swap Portugal for Old Trafford

    At long last, one of the more wearisome transfer sagas of the past 12 months is nearing conclusion – Manchester United announced they have agreed a fee with Sporting CP for Bruno Fernandes.

    It seemed for a while that Fernandes would join United in pre-season, but, despite their seemingly obvious need for midfield reinforcements, a move never materialised and he remained with Sporting.

    Speculation began to stir again last month, and the two clubs are said to have been locked in talks for much of January – though reports of Barcelona apparently hoping to sign Fernandes in order to use him in negotiations with Valencia for Rodrigo Moreno surfaced earlier this week.

    Whether or not that story was a ploy by an agent to jolt United into decisive action, who knows? But something seemed to change this week, as the Red Devils finally reached an agreement with Sporting.

    Fernandes had a massive impact at the club during his two-and-a-half-year spell, becoming captain and scoring or setting up 67 Primeira Liga goals in 83 appearances.

    United certainly don't have a 100 per cent hit-rate when it comes to signings from Portugal – below, we examined whether their previous imports from the Iberian nation have been misses or not.

    Cristiano Ronaldo (2003-2009) – HIT

    The one that needs no introduction – Ronaldo was a revelation for United following his 2003 arrival from Sporting. The lanky teenager dazzled against United when they faced Sporting for the opening of their Jose Alvalade stadium and, as the story goes, those he tormented implored Alex Ferguson to sign him. So, he did. Outrageously skilful and flashy, early Ronaldo was as fun as they come, but after bulking out he developed a deadly streak, netting 31 times in the 2007-08 Premier League season and helping them to Champions League success. He has since gone on to mark himself out as one of the all-time greats with Real Madrid, Juventus and Portugal.

    Bebe (2010-2014) – MISS

    From Ferguson's best to arguably his worst signing. Despite the Scot never seeing him play, Bebe is said to have arrived following a recommendation from Ferguson's former right-hand man, Carlos Queiroz. United reportedly paid Vitoria Guimaraes £7.5m for the attacker, but he immediately looked short of the required ability. He somehow managed to last four years at the club, including three loan spells. Most of his career since has been spent in Spain, and he's now playing for Rayo Vallecano in La Segunda.

    Nani (2007-2015) – HIT

    Few players polarised opinion quite like Nani during his time at United. Undoubtedly capable of the spectacular, he also had his fair share of underwhelming performances and could be infuriatingly frustrating. Like Ronaldo, Nani arrived from Sporting and it was initially said he struggled with the pressure due to comparisons with his United and Portugal team-mate. But in 2010-11 he established himself, producing some spell-binding performances to earn himself a place in the PFA Team of the Year and the United Players' Player of the Year award. Injuries then took their toll before leaving in 2015, going on to have something of a nomadic career ever since, though he has become Portugal's fourth-highest capped international.

    Anderson (2007-2015) – MISS

    Oh, what might've been. There's little doubt Anderson was immensely talented, but throughout his time with United there were concerns about his fitness and professionalism. He probably wasn't helped by being turned into something resembling a holding midfielder, given he thrived in a more attacking role previously, but he generally failed to live up to expectations. That's not to say he was hopeless – he amassed almost 200 appearances for the club, but given the promise he showed in his youth, he failed to reach his potential. Aged 31, he retired in September following a spell with Adana Demirspor in Turkey's second tier.

    Victor Lindelof (2017-present) – HIT

    After an unconvincing debut season following a move from Benfica potentially worth £38m, Lindelof has generally settled well at United and become a first-choice centre-back. Comfortable on the ball and a good reader of the game, the Sweden international is mostly dependable. Nevertheless, he's certainly not the perfect defender – he's not especially quick and does appear to struggle with physical forwards. So far, he can just about be regarded a 'hit', but United will surely be hoping for an improvement from him.

    Marcos Rojo (2014-present) – MISS

    Rojo always looked a somewhat puzzling addition, and those initial feelings have never really gone away. Technically able and versatile enough to play either centre-back or on the left, Rojo also relishes a physical tussle. But as something of a hot-head, Rojo has a tendency to be rash. Even Sporting fans were baffled when he joined United, who are said to have tried to sell him in almost every pre-season since buying the Argentina international. He now looks set to return to Estudiantes on loan.

    Diogo Dalot (2018-present) – JURY'S OUT

    Lauded as the best young full-back in the world by Jose Mourinho when he signed Dalot from his former club Porto in 2018, the Portugal Under-21 international is yet to prove that claim. He showed promise last season, with his ability on the ball and crossing earning acclaim, but he failed to hold down a spot at right-back despite United's concerning lack of quality in that position – Dalot's defensive capabilities proving unconvincing. The club then went out and splurged on Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Dalot, who has suffered numerous injuries, is undoubtedly talented, but a future as a regular at United might rely on him being converted into a winger.

  • Setien 'delighted' with Barca squad amid reports Rodrigo deal is off Setien 'delighted' with Barca squad amid reports Rodrigo deal is off

    Quique Setien would welcome any new arrival at Barcelona in January but is happy to work with what he has for the remainder of the season.

    A deal to sign forward Rodrigo Moreno appeared to be on the cards after Valencia boss Albert Celades confirmed on Tuesday the two clubs were in negotiations over the Spain international.

    However, reports in the Catalan media suggest that move will not be happening, leaving Barca light up front in the absence of Luis Suarez, who is set to miss the rest of the campaign with a knee injury.

    Setien confirmed the reigning LaLiga champions are interested in adding to their options before the transfer window closes, though he is prepared to push for glory on three fronts with the squad at his disposal.

    "First of all, I'm delighted with what I have in my squad," Setien told the media ahead of Thursday's Copa del Rey tie against Leganes.

    "We are not going to deny that it would have been interesting to bring in a player, but I always focus on what I have. 

    "If anyone comes in, they will be welcome. If it doesn't happen, though, I will be delighted to work with the squad I have available.

    "I've come here from working at other sides, I'm used to working with what I have. I'm sure that this side is prepared to compete in every competition."

    While there may be no further arrivals this month, Carles Perez seems set to depart Camp Nou. 

    The 21-year-old has been a peripheral figure this season under Ernesto Valverde and new head coach Setien, with Roma rumoured to be his next destination.

    Asked to clarify why Perez has not featured more in the early weeks of his reign, Setien said: "It's a shared decision [with the club]. What I've spoken about with the player is very clear – the reality is I'm not going to speak about private decisions.

    "It's a decision by the club and I've given my opinion – it is what it is."

    Setien also refused to rule out further departures, adding: "I can't guarantee anything – we will see. These are decisions that the club takes. They are the ones who make the best decisions."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.