Rumour Has It: Beckham in talks with Messi over Inter Miami move

By Sports Desk September 11, 2019

David Beckham and Inter Miami have set their sights on Lionel Messi.

Messi, 32, has regularly been linked with one day switching to MLS and it appears Inter are making their move.

Beckham seems to be trying his best to land the Barcelona superstar.

 

TOP STORY – BECKHAM IN TALKS WITH MESSI OVER INTER MIAMI MOVE

Beckham has spoken to Messi about joining Inter Miami, according to Catalunya Radio.

It comes in the wake of reports the forward can leave Barcelona at the end of any season, regardless of when his contract runs until.

The economic bid for Messi would be "brutal", the report said, as Inter look to sign the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.

 

ROUND-UP

- Inter Miami may not stop there. The MLS club, due to begin playing in 2020, are also eyeing Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane, according to AS. Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti has previously said he is open to coaching Inter Miami.

- After the latest transfer saga ended with Neymar staying at Paris Saint-Germain, it is set to come back to life in January. PSG sporting director Leonardo wants the Brazil international to leave the Ligue 1 champions, according to Tuttosport, and a move could happen in January, with Barcelona and Real Madrid sure to again be linked.

- Barcelona are already looking ahead and are set to track Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz throughout this season, Mundo Deportivo reports. Fabian joined the Serie A side from Real Betis for a reported €30million in July last year.

- Expecting their transfer ban to be cut, Chelsea have identified Nice defender Youcef Atal as a target, according to The Sun. The Algeria international is also wanted by Valencia, Calciomercato.com reports.

- AC Milan have identified Stade Rennes teenager Eduardo Camavinga as a player to follow, according to Calciomercato.com. The 16-year-old made seven Ligue 1 appearances last season.

- Gonzalo Higuain is continuing to turn around his career at Juventus. Calciomercato.com says the forward – linked with a move away throughout the close season – will start alongside Cristiano Ronaldo when the Serie A champions face Fiorentina on Saturday.

Related items

  • El Salvador down Dominican Republic in group finale El Salvador down Dominican Republic in group finale

    El Salvador finished Group B of League B of the 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League with authority by topping the Dominican Republic 2-0 on Tuesday night at the Estadio Cuscatlan in San Salvador.

    The 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup and League A-bound Cuscatlecos finished the group with a 5W-0D-1L record, while Dominican Republic were third with a 2W-1D-3L record.

    Carlos Portillo picked up where he left off from last Saturday’s win over Montserrat, as he gave La Selecta a 1-0 lead in just the 15’ with a fantastic solo effort.

    Portillo received a pass down the left flank and after his initial cross deflected high up in the air, he caught the ball right as it was landing and launched a right-footed volley that rippled the net.

    The Central Americans were brimming with confidence and Oscar Ceren looked set to double the lead in the 31’, but his shot from point-blank range was well-saved by Dominican Republic GK Miguel Lloyd.

    The Dominican Republic looked to climb back into it, but El Salvador would seal the three points in the 87’ with a goal from Pablo Punyed, whose right-footed finish off a cross from the left completed the 2-0 scoreline.

  • Montserrat top St Lucia to reach Gold Cup playoffs Montserrat top St Lucia to reach Gold Cup playoffs

    Montserrat have qualified for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup playoffs after posting a 1-0 win over Saint Lucia in Group B of League B of the 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League on Tuesday night at the Darren Sammy Cricket Stadium in Gros Islet, Saint Lucia.

    The result vaulted Montserrat into second place in the group over the Dominican Republic.

    Montserrat started strong as they pressured the Saint Lucia defence in hopes of a first-half goal.

    Their efforts would be handsomely rewarded in the 35’ when Joseph Taylor curled in a perfect cross from the right-wing and a surging Nathan Pond smacked the header into goal for a 1-0 Montserrat lead.

    Saint Lucia had a chance themselves in the first half through Antonio Joseph but was unable to finish. They then had a second great look at goal in the second half in the 69’ through Jevick McFarlane, but the striker could not land his shot on target.

    Montserrat GK Corrin Brooks, who was excellent against El Salvador on Saturday, then became a hero for the visitors with a massive stop on a Kieran Monlouis shot in the 88’ to secure the clean sheet win for Montserrat.

  • Moreno has 'clear conscience' after controversial Spain exit Moreno has 'clear conscience' after controversial Spain exit

    Robert Moreno insists he has "a clear conscience" after his stint as Spain head coach ended with Luis Enrique's return to the role, although he acknowledged "a bittersweet feeling".

    Then assistant Moreno stepped into the breach earlier this year when Luis Enrique resigned as his young daughter Xana battled bone cancer. She died in August.

    Former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique returned this week, however, replacing Moreno, who had worked alongside him in a number of previous positions.

    Moreno has not reverted to his role as assistant amid reports the two have fallen out, although he said in a statement on Wednesday he would not assess his final days as Spain boss, avoiding "a spiral of reproaches and justifications for each of the parties".

    But the 42-year-old did thank Luis Enrique, his staff, the RFEF and the media, while also apologising for not addressing reporters after his final match in charge on Monday.

    He added in the statement: "I have a clear conscience. It is impossible to please everyone, but I sincerely tell you that I respect all and all opinions.

    "I have always maintained that I am a man of my word and would not be an obstacle in the event that Luis Enrique decided to return.

    "I have done so even though it has meant my departure. I wish him well because his joys will be ours."

    Referring to the "extreme situation" in Luis Enrique's personal life that led to him taking charge, Moreno said he wished he had never been required to become coach.

    He concluded: "My experience as an absolute coach began and ended in the same way, with a bittersweet feeling.

    "I have to look forward and face new challenges as a coach in my passion, football. I am prepared to face the challenge of leading new projects."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.