Rumour Has It: PSG eye £100m Zaha as Neymar replacement

By Sports Desk August 25, 2019

Neymar's future with Paris Saint-Germain remains up in the air.

The Brazil star has been linked to LaLiga champions Barcelona and Real Madrid as he eyes an exit from the French capital.

If he does leave, PSG have drawn up contingency plans, with one particular Premier League player attracting interest.

 

TOP STORY – PSG PLOTTING BIG ZAHA MOVE

Paris Saint-Germain are lining up a £100million (€109m) move for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha as a replacement for Neymar, according to The Mirror.

Neymar wants to return to LaLiga, with former club Barcelona and Real Madrid reportedly vying for his signature before the transfer window shuts on September 2.

If Neymar does get his wish, former Manchester United forward Zaha has emerged as a potential signing, with PSG reportedly sending a team to London to try to strike a deal.

The Ivory Coast international was linked to Arsenal and Everton before the Premier League's transfer window closed.

 

ROUND-UP

Dinamo Zagreb goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic, 24, has been lined up as a potential replacement for Manchester United's David de Gea, according to The Sun. De Gea, whose last-gasp howler led to United's shock 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace on Saturday, is out of contract in 2020 and is yet to sign an extension.

- Also at Old Trafford and The Mirror says United are targeting Leicester City playmaker James Maddison. Having already prised Harry Maguire from the Foxes in a world-record deal for a defender, the Red Devils are reportedly ready to return for another Englishman.

- An agreement between Callum Hudson-Odoi and Chelsea over a new contract has been reached, reports Football London. Hudson-Odoi had previously been linked to Bayern Munich.

- According to The Express, Inter and Alexis Sanchez will discover whether a season-long loan deal will go through on Monday. Manchester United are willing to sanction Sanchez's exit.

Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic remains a coveted player for Inter, according to FCInternews, who say a transfer is complex but not impossible. The Serbia star is valued at €100m by Lazio, who could receive the likes of Matteo Politano and Joao Mario in return.

- Sport says Espanyol are keen on signing Real Madrid newcomer Rodrygo Goes on loan as a replacement for Borja Iglesias following his move to Real Betis. The 18-year-old Rodrygo only arrived from Santos in a €45m deal during the off-season.

Related items

  • Silva compares Everton's Kean to Liverpool favourite Fabinho Silva compares Everton's Kean to Liverpool favourite Fabinho

    Moise Kean's stuttering start to life at Everton can be compared to how Liverpool regular Fabinho began his career at Anfield, says Marco Silva.

    Kean was signed by Everton from Serie A giants Juventus for a reported fee of £27.4million (€30m) in the close season.

    However, the teenager is yet to score a goal for the club, having made 11 appearances across all competitions so far, though only four of those have been starts.

    He was left out of Everton's squad for the 2-1 win over Southampton earlier in November as punishment for missing the start of a team meeting, with Italy coach Roberto Mancini - who has dropped Kean for a similar lack of discipline in the past - subsequently advising the former Juve youngster to "find a club that lets him always play."

    But Silva has confirmed Kean - who scored twice in Italy Under-21s' win over Armenia in midweek - will be in Everton's squad for Saturday's encounter with Norwich City, and has compared his first few months at Goodison Park to the struggles endured by Fabinho, who had to wait until late October to start a Premier League match for the Toffees' city rivals Liverpool last season.

    "He wants to play more. Like all of the players we have," Silva told a news conference. 

    "We have to look for him and all the games we have played and he has played. He has some starts in the Premier League, some in the EFL Cup, you are not talking about a player who didn't play at all.

    "You have many examples of players with more experience than him coming to the Premier League and [at first] they didn't play.

    "I think you have an example not really far, Fabinho, a player more experienced, a big amount of money, first six months, he didn't play. Most of the games he was in the stands.

    "He's not the only example, I can give more, but the most important thing for Moise is to keep teaching him, for him to adapt as fast as he can. 

    "Moise has all the support here. He has all the support from me, his team-mates. What is the most important thing is what I speak to him directly."

  • Celtic fined by UEFA over banner and chanting Celtic fined by UEFA over banner and chanting

    Celtic have been fined €15,000 (£12,886) by UEFA for obsence chanting and displaying an "illicit banner" in their Europa League win against Lazio at Celtic Park last month.

    Home supporters unveiled several banners ahead of the game, including one depicting former Italian prime minister Benito Mussolini hanging upside down.

    Another contained a message in Italian that translated to "f*** off".

    UEFA's control, ethics and disciplinary body has also fined Lazio €10,000 (£8,593) for "illicit chanting" during the meeting on October 24, which Celtic won 2-1.

    Meanwhile, Club Brugge have been fined €14,000 for breaching safety regulations by blocking the stairways during their home Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain a month ago.

    Ligue 1 champions PSG have been told to pay €50,000 and threatened with a one-match away ban for supporters if they offend again in the next 12 months after setting off fireworks in the same match.

  • Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy

    Gareth Bale has been included in Real Madrid's squad for their LaLiga encounter with Real Sociedad despite the controversy caused by his celebrations after Wales' successful Euro 2020 qualification.

    Wales booked their place at next year's finals with a 2-0 win over Hungary in Cardiff on Tuesday.

    Bale, who has not played for Madrid since October 5, featured from the start for Ryan Giggs' side and was pictured after the match singing and dancing behind a banner that read: 'WALES. GOLF. MADRID…IN THAT ORDER'.

    The slogan originates from a chant by Wales supporters that pokes fun at perceptions among the Spanish media, who have accused Bale of bumping Madrid down his list of priorities and spending too much time on the golf course.

    Those celebrations drew further criticism from sections of the Madrid press and Los Blancos' fanbase, but Zidane – whose relationship with Bale has reportedly been a troubled one – claimed on Friday that the issue had been overblown.

    Zidane has now included Bale in his squad for Saturday's clash with Sociedad, who would move above Madrid with a win at the Santiago Bernabeu.

    Bale's inclusion comes at the expense of Vinicius Junior, with the teenage winger missing out on the 19-man selection.

    Vinicius has made eight appearances in LaLiga this term, though only four of those have been starts.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.