Rumour Has It: PSG not interested in Barcelona's loan bid for Neymar

By Sports Desk August 21, 2019

Barcelona are officially making a move for Neymar and Paris Saint-Germain are set to reject their offer.

The Neymar saga is seemingly no closer to ending as the Brazil star looks to leave the Ligue 1 champions before the transfer window closes on September 2.

Barca are set to at least make a bid as they aim to get a deal done for their former star, but it will be rejected.

 

TOP STORY – PSG TO REJECT BARCELONA'S LOAN BID FOR NEYMAR

PSG have no interest in initially loaning Neymar to Barcelona, according to Le Parisien.

It was reported the bid from LaLiga's champions would be for a temporary move, but PSG want an outright transfer so they can find a replacement for the forward, amid reported interest in Juventus playmaker Paulo Dybala.

Barcelona are willing to accept a purchase option if €160million can be paid in instalments, according to Sport.

Meanwhile, the cover of Marca says Neymar is entering "Zone Florentino", referencing Real Madrid president Perez as Barca's rivals maintain hope of signing the 27-year-old.

ROUND-UP

- There could be plenty of movement at Barcelona late in the window. Juventus are discussing a potential swap deal to land Ivan Rakitic and see Emre Can head to Camp Nou, according to Tuttosport, which says the Catalans also put Luis Suarez on the table.

- One midfielder not leaving Turin is Blaise Matuidi. RMC Sport reports the France international will stay at Juventus amid links to PSG and Bayern Munich, with Can seemingly more likely to depart the Serie A champions.

- Mariano Diaz's future is uncertain. AS claims Mariano is not in Real Madrid's plans for this season, but no club has come close to meeting a €20m valuation of the forward.

- Franck Ribery is set to become a Fiorentina player. The former Bayern Munich star has agreed to a deal with the Serie A club, according to Sport Bild and Gianluca Di Marzio, with the Frenchman set to sign on Thursday.

- Amid reported interest from Manchester City and Manchester United, Jadon Sancho is said to be re-signing with Borussia Dortmund. The 19-year-old England international has sealed a £190,000-per-week long-term deal with Dortmund, according to the Daily Mail.

- Michy Batshuayi is not ready to give up on his Chelsea career. The Belgium striker wants to stay and fight for a place in Frank Lampard's team, according to the Evening Standard.

Related items

  • Silva compares Everton's Kean to Liverpool favourite Fabinho Silva compares Everton's Kean to Liverpool favourite Fabinho

    Moise Kean's stuttering start to life at Everton can be compared to how Liverpool regular Fabinho began his career at Anfield, says Marco Silva.

    Kean was signed by Everton from Serie A giants Juventus for a reported fee of £27.4million (€30m) in the close season.

    However, the teenager is yet to score a goal for the club, having made 11 appearances across all competitions so far, though only four of those have been starts.

    He was left out of Everton's squad for the 2-1 win over Southampton earlier in November as punishment for missing the start of a team meeting, with Italy coach Roberto Mancini - who has dropped Kean for a similar lack of discipline in the past - subsequently advising the former Juve youngster to "find a club that lets him always play."

    But Silva has confirmed Kean - who scored twice in Italy Under-21s' win over Armenia in midweek - will be in Everton's squad for Saturday's encounter with Norwich City, and has compared his first few months at Goodison Park to the struggles endured by Fabinho, who had to wait until late October to start a Premier League match for the Toffees' city rivals Liverpool last season.

    "He wants to play more. Like all of the players we have," Silva told a news conference. 

    "We have to look for him and all the games we have played and he has played. He has some starts in the Premier League, some in the EFL Cup, you are not talking about a player who didn't play at all.

    "You have many examples of players with more experience than him coming to the Premier League and [at first] they didn't play.

    "I think you have an example not really far, Fabinho, a player more experienced, a big amount of money, first six months, he didn't play. Most of the games he was in the stands.

    "He's not the only example, I can give more, but the most important thing for Moise is to keep teaching him, for him to adapt as fast as he can. 

    "Moise has all the support here. He has all the support from me, his team-mates. What is the most important thing is what I speak to him directly."

  • Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy

    Gareth Bale has been included in Real Madrid's squad for their LaLiga encounter with Real Sociedad despite the controversy caused by his celebrations after Wales' successful Euro 2020 qualification.

    Wales booked their place at next year's finals with a 2-0 win over Hungary in Cardiff on Tuesday.

    Bale, who has not played for Madrid since October 5, featured from the start for Ryan Giggs' side and was pictured after the match singing and dancing behind a banner that read: 'WALES. GOLF. MADRID…IN THAT ORDER'.

    The slogan originates from a chant by Wales supporters that pokes fun at perceptions among the Spanish media, who have accused Bale of bumping Madrid down his list of priorities and spending too much time on the golf course.

    Those celebrations drew further criticism from sections of the Madrid press and Los Blancos' fanbase, but Zidane – whose relationship with Bale has reportedly been a troubled one – claimed on Friday that the issue had been overblown.

    Zidane has now included Bale in his squad for Saturday's clash with Sociedad, who would move above Madrid with a win at the Santiago Bernabeu.

    Bale's inclusion comes at the expense of Vinicius Junior, with the teenage winger missing out on the 19-man selection.

    Vinicius has made eight appearances in LaLiga this term, though only four of those have been starts.

  • Pioli: Ibrahimovic is a great champion, but AC Milan not focused on January Pioli: Ibrahimovic is a great champion, but AC Milan not focused on January

    AC Milan coach Stefano Pioli has repeated his praise of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but insists the Serie A club are not yet focusing on new signings.

    Ibrahimovic has been linked with a return to Milan, where he spent two seasons between 2010 and 2012 before moving to Paris Saint-Germain, after the 38-year-old left MLS club LA Galaxy.

    Pioli has previously lauded Ibrahimovic, however, he insisted it was too early to talk about the upcoming transfer window in January.

    Milan's coach was pressed for his thoughts on Ibrahimovic - who is now reported to be a target for new Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho - ahead of Saturday's clash with Napoli, but Pioli reiterated the Rossoneri are not yet focused on January arrivals.

    "I have already explained what I think, he is a great champion for his technical skills and his professionalism," Pioli told a news conference.

    "I end it here, our present is too important.

    "With the team I have to think only of the field and tomorrow's match. For judgments on the market, I will do it later, we are only in November.

    "We are focused on the difficult and very important match of tomorrow. We have to give 200 per cent and that's what I expect from the team."

    Milan sit 14th in Serie A, having taken just 13 points from their opening 12 matches of the season.

    However, Pioli believes Milan's display in a 1-0 defeat to Juventus before the international break gives his side a platform from which to build on.

    "It starts from the performance in Turin, which was against one of the best in Europe," Pioli added.

    "We now play against a strong team like Napoli which is equipped for the Champions League and to win the Scudetto. Napoli are strong but we are not far behind."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.