Reggae Boy Shamar Nicholson signs with Belgian club Sporting Charleroi

By August 13, 2019

Reggae Boyz striker Shamar Nicholson is moving on from Slovenian club NK Domzale after signing a contract to play for Belgian club Sporting Charleroi.

The 22-year-old Nicholson made 47 appearances for NK Domzale scoring 18 goals since he joined the club from Boys Town FC in September 2017. He now looks forward to doing the same for his new club in the Belgian First Division A.

The club finished ninth during the 2018/2019 season.

“Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in my career,” said Nicholson who scored three goals in six appearances for Jamaica in 2019.

“This is a proud day for me, my family, friends, my boyhood club Boys Town, NK Domžale and all of Jamaica. I’m fully focused and I’m ready for the big challenge that’s in front of me. Thanks to all my past coaches, my agent, and everyone who helped me along the way. Now I’m just ready to meet my new teammates and coaches at R.C.S.C so I can get to work.”

Nicholson came up through Boys Town youth system where head coach Andrew Price helped shape him into one of the club’s most potent strikers. Price expressed his pride at Nicholson’s progress as he makes the next step in his burgeoning career.

"My son with whom I am well pleased," Price posted on his Facebook page.

“So proud of you Shamar Boza Genna. We have been there and back. But we still rise. Continue to have the same fixity of purpose in your new challenge. Continue to be humble and thankful in all your future endeavours. Put God First. Keep the fire burning.”

Leighton Levy

Leighton Levy is a journalist with 28 years’ experience covering crime, entertainment, and sports. He joined the staff at SportsMax.TV as a content editor two years ago and is enjoying the experience of developing sports content and new ideas. At SportsMax.tv he is pursuing his true passion - sports.

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Manchester United to make fresh Eriksen approach Rumour Has It: Manchester United to make fresh Eriksen approach

    Christian Eriksen is back on Manchester United's transfer radar.

    The Red Devils are said to be preparing a January bid for the Tottenham midfielder, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

    Eriksen reportedly turned down a move to Old Trafford earlier this year.

     

    TOP STORY – UNITED REIGNITE ERIKSEN INTEREST

    Could Jose Mourinho unintentionally do his old employers another favour?

    Tottenham lost to United in midweek and are now about to receive an offer for playmaker Eriksen from their Premier League rivals, reports The Mirror.

    The Denmark international has not featured in the starting XI since Mourinho replaced Mauricio Pochettino and, though he prefers a move abroad, might have a decision to make when the transfer window reopens.

    Seemingly not convinced by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side a few months ago, Eriksen can sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs overseas from January.

    ROUND-UP

    - Leicester City are set to hand in-demand manager Brendan Rodgers a bumper new deal in a bid to end interest from Arsenal, according to The Telegraph.

    - David Moyes wants a long-term commitment from Everton before agreeing to a second stint in charge at Goodison Park, says The Sun.

    - Contrary to recent reports, ESPN suggests Patrick Vieira is not at the top of Arsenal's shortlist of potential managers.

    - Error-riddled Roberto's ill-fated period as a Premier League goalkeeper could soon be over. The Guardian reports West Ham will look to sell or loan the Spaniard in January, with Turkey a likely destination, as they pursue stronger competition for the injured Lukasz Fabianski.

    - Serie A side  Milan have offered Zlatan Ibrahimovic a contract that could run for 18 months and will demand an answer from his agent Mino Raiola next week, claims CalcioMercato.

    - Diego Simeone wants Atletico Madrid to prioritise signing a striker over Brazilian midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, according to AS. The Spanish newspaper links Krzysztof Piatek, Andrea Belotti of Torino, Chelsea centre-forward Olivier Giroud and Valencia's Rodrigo with moves to the Wanda Metropolitano.

    - Staying with Atletico and the Rojiblancos have entered the race for rumoured Juventus, Inter and Borussia Dortmund target Sandro Tonali, says CalcioMercato. Tonali, 19, is in his third season in Brescia's first-team squad.

  • Messi's apparent retirement hint was misunderstood – Suarez Messi's apparent retirement hint was misunderstood – Suarez

    Lionel Messi's apparent hint at retirement was "misunderstood", according to Barcelona team-mate Luis Suarez.

    Messi, 32, said "the moment of withdrawal is approaching" after winning a record sixth Ballon d'Or on Monday, leading to retirement talk.

    However, Suarez believes the Argentina star's comments were misunderstood, backing the forward to play for years to come.

    "[Messi] amazes me because he is a one-off and is making history," Suarez told beIN SPORTS.

    "As a friend and team-mate, [the Ballon d'Or] makes me happy and proud because it's a beautiful moment for him.

    "[His comments] were misinterpreted. When someone wins a Ballon d'Or they are happy but also nervous.

    "Leo is a human being and gets nervous like the rest of us. He wanted to say he might have to contend with retiring in a couple of years.

    "It was misunderstood, but I'm sure Leo Messi will continue for a long while yet."

    Suarez has starred for Barca since arriving from Liverpool in 2014, but the 32-year-old has also been linked with a move away despite being contracted until 2021.

    The Uruguay international said he would do what was best for the LaLiga champions, who sit top of the table.

    "If they bring in a new team-mate for me to compete with, that's the same pressure as having to play every three days," Suarez said.

    "And I have to be thinking about the future of the club – as a fan of the club, I have to think about the future, and maybe the best thing is if they sign a young or an established player to carry the torch as Barcelona's number nine."

  • Zaha tipped for January move as Chelsea circle Palace star Zaha tipped for January move as Chelsea circle Palace star

    Wilfried Zaha deserves to play for a "top club" as his agent Federico Pastorello said the Crystal Palace star could leave during the January transfer window.

    Zaha wanted to depart before the start of the season but neither a move to Premier League rivals Arsenal nor Everton materialised after Palace held firm.

    Refocused and in form, former Manchester United forward Zaha has been linked with Chelsea, who are hoping to overturn their transfer ban.

    Pastorello revealed Ivory Coast international Zaha could be involved in a busy January window.

    "I think he really deserves a new challenge and a top club, because he is really a top player," Pastorello, who also represents Inter star Romelu Lukaku, told Sky Sports News.

    "It is surprising me because I read about a possible move in the summer but he stayed again. But this season he is proving that he is very focused and concentrated, so think he could be another good opportunity in the January market.

    "The January market can [usually] be really calm. As the number of transfers there is about one third as many than in the summer. But there are some very good and interesting opportunities for the clubs that sell, because maybe a club really needs that player and is ready to pay a little bit more because of emergency.

    "There have been a lot of changes in the Premier League in terms of managers. Sometimes when you do that you need to face his needs tactically. So expect maybe Tottenham being a bit more protagonist in the market, maybe Manchester United too.

    "Let's see what happens in Chelsea too, because the ban is not sure. If they remove that they may need to do something. In Europe there are some clubs like Inter and AC Milan that maybe need to improve their squad."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.