Perisic close to Bayern Munich move after undergoing medical

By Sports Desk August 12, 2019

Ivan Perisic looks set to complete a move to Bayern Munich after undergoing a medical with the Bundesliga champions.

The 30-year-old has long been linked with a move away from Serie A side Inter and is expected to join Bayern on an initial season-long loan move, with an option to make the deal permanent next year.

Perisic was pictured leaving a hospital in Munich on Monday and told Bild: "Yeah, I just had the medical check-up."

Niko Kovac has been in the market for at least one new wide forward following the departures of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.

The Bavarian giants' hopes of signing Manchester City's Leroy Sane were scuppered last week following the news he will be out for six or seven months after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Perisic will provide competition to Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman and could join in time to feature in Bayern's opening league game, as they take on Hertha Berlin on Friday.

The Croatia international has previously played in the Bundesliga, initially for Borussia Dortmund before joining Wolfsburg midway through the 2012-13 season.

He signed for Inter in 2015 and has been a regular starter during his four years at San Siro, scoring eight goals in Serie A during 2018-19.

Related items

  • Juventus defender De Sciglio eyes Premier League challenge in Champions League last 16 Juventus defender De Sciglio eyes Premier League challenge in Champions League last 16

    Mattia De Sciglio hopes Juventus draw an English club in the Champions League last 16 after getting a taste of the Premier League two seasons ago.

    Juve battled to a 4-3 aggregate victory over Tottenham in the first knockout round in 2017-18 after settling for a 2-2 draw in the opening encounter in Turin.

    The Serie A champions eventually lost out to Real Madrid in the quarter-finals and had their hopes dashed by Ajax at the same stage last term.

    Maurizio Sarri's men will expect to go further after topping Group D and defender De Sciglio said he now wants to face either of their two possible English opponents, Spurs or Chelsea.

    "If you want to get to the end of the competition, sooner or later you have to meet all the strongest opponents," the Italy international told Sky Sport Italia.

    "Personally I'd like to play against an English team, like we did two years ago, because it's nice to play against them."

    The draw for the last 16 takes place in Nyon on Monday.

    Before then, Juve must negotiate Sunday's Serie A home game against struggling Udinese.

    The Bianconeri, 2-0 winners at Bayer Leverkusen in midweek, drew with Sassuolo and lost to Lazio in the two fixtures that followed their previous European engagements.

    "It's true that we have had some difficulties after Champions League matches, but so far we have lost only once in the league and we are right there, attached to Inter," De Sciglio said.

    "Udinese will be another tough game. There are no easy games in Serie A. But if we play like Juve, we will take the three points."

    Juve sit two points behind leaders Inter, who visit Fiorentina on Sunday.

  • Rumour Has It: Arsenal seek Nuno talks and keep Martinez in mind Rumour Has It: Arsenal seek Nuno talks and keep Martinez in mind

    Arsenal appear to have strengthened their interest in Nuno Espirito Santo.

    Just over two weeks after dismissing Unai Emery, the Gunners are reportedly ready to hold talks with one of the top contenders to take over at Emirates Stadium.

    But the Portuguese is not alone when it comes to candidates with Premier League experience.

     

    TOP STORY – GUNNERS STEP UP NUNO CHASE

    Arsenal will ask Wolves for permission to conduct formal discussions with Nuno next week, according to the Daily Mail.

    The north Londoners are reportedly ready to "set to accelerate their interest" in the 45-year-old former Valencia and Porto head coach.

    Belgium boss Robert Martinez is also said to have been approached, while Mauricio Pochettino, Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira continue to be linked.

    Freddie Ljungberg has overseen two draws, a defeat and a solitary victory since taking charge on an interim basis.

    ROUND-UP

    - Like his former employers, ex-Arsenal boss Emery will not be rushed into a decision on his next move. Marca says the Spaniard has turned down the chance to speak to two Chinese clubs and managerless Everton since becoming a free agent on November 29.

    - Premier League champions Manchester City hope to bring wantaway winger Jadon Sancho back to the Etihad Stadium after losing him to Borussia Dortmund in 2017, reports the Daily Mail.

    - On the outer at Chelsea, Olivier Giroud appears to be moving closer to the Stamford Bridge exit door. L'Equipe claims the France striker is close to agreeing personal terms on a January switch to Inter, where he would reunite with Antonio Conte.

    - Serie A side Milan will be offered the chance to sign Luka Jovic on loan from Real Madrid in January, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

    - Barcelona will listen to offers of €10million for teenage defender Jean-Clair Todibo, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Spanish newspaper claims Bayer Leverkusen, Milan, Monaco, Southampton and Watford have submitted bids.

    - Real Betis have sealed a deal to sign former Atletico Madrid winger Yannick Carrasco from Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang, according to Deportes Cuatro.

  • Lampard jokes about asking Chelsea to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe Lampard jokes about asking Chelsea to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe

    Frank Lampard joked he would ask Chelsea to sign Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kylian Mbappe.

    The Premier League side are able to sign players in January after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) halved their transfer ban.

    While Lampard wants to have a say in Chelsea's transfer activity, he joked about signing three of the world's best attackers – Barcelona's Messi, Juventus' Ronaldo and Paris Saint-Germain's Mbappe.

    "If I say I want Mbappe, Ronaldo and Messi for my front three I might get knocked back," the Chelsea head coach said.

    "I wouldn't say that, but it's obviously a balance where I can put forward a recommendation and have an open conversation with the owner and hope we move forward in the right direction. I'm very open about that.

    "My biggest thing here is how hard can we work on the training ground because I know we have a good squad, that's my main concern.

    "Of course when it comes to recruitment I want to have a big say in it and we are very open."

    Chelsea were banned from signing players during the close season, but have still made a decent start to the campaign, sitting fourth in the Premier League.

    Lampard believes the performances of some of the club's younger players could lead to a change at Chelsea, who host Bournemouth on Saturday.

    "I just think we all here have seen this summer, and what's happened since the summer, that the idea of going into the academy and giving these boys a chance was a really good one, because they've deserved it. And they haven't been given that so much in the past," he said.

    "So I do think maybe we've changed their [the club's] minds a bit on that one."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.