Lirola joins Boateng in leaving Sassuolo for Fiorentina

By Sports Desk August 01, 2019

Fiorentina have completed the initial loan signing of Pol Lirola, following Kevin-Prince Boateng in leaving Sassuolo for the same club.

A double swoop saw Boateng sign for Fiorentina on Wednesday, with Lirola's arrival confirmed the following day.

Boateng reportedly cost the Viola €1million, while there is an option reportedly worth €12m to sign Lirola on a permanent deal at the end of the coming season.

Former AC Milan star Boateng spent the second part of 2018-19 on loan at Barcelona, announcing his return to Sassuolo at the start of July.

Related items

  • Valverde hails reported Barcelona target Lautaro Martinez: He's a great player Valverde hails reported Barcelona target Lautaro Martinez: He's a great player

    Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde said Lautaro Martinez is a "great player" as the Inter star continues to be linked with the LaLiga champions.

    Inter forward Martinez has reportedly emerged as a top target for Barca, who are looking to identify a long-term heir for the aging Luis Suarez.

    Martinez has scored 13 goals across all competitions this season, including a goal away to Barca in the Champions League on October 2.

    The 22-year-old Argentina international will come up against Barca again when Inter welcome the Spanish giants to Milan on Tuesday, in a battle of first against second in Group F on the final matchday.

    Asked about Martinez on the eve of the clash, Valverde – whose Barca have already qualified for the last 16 – told reporters: "He is a great player and he's having a great season. He is quick and strong.

    "He scored a great goal in the first game at the Camp Nou. I know he is comfortable with [Romelu] Lukaku, they’ve found the right mechanism to help Inter.

    "As for Lautaro being similar to Luis Suarez, they are a little different but both are born goalscorers.

    "But Inter have so many good players, Lautaro, Lukaku, [Milan] Skriniar…"

     

  • Bologna rule out Ibrahimovic signing amid Napoli & Milan links Bologna rule out Ibrahimovic signing amid Napoli & Milan links

    Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not be joining Bologna, according to the club's director Walter Sabatini.

    Ibrahimovic had been linked with a return to Serie A via Bologna after leaving MLS outfit LA Galaxy at the end of his contract.

    But the 38-year-old striker will not be moving to Bologna amid speculation over a switch to either Napoli or former club Milan.

    "Ibrahimovic will not be coming to Bologna. He has made other choices," Sabatini told Tuttomercatoweb.

    A return to Milan has been mooted for Ibrahimovic, who won the 2011 Scudetto during his two years at San Siro.

    Italian rivals Napoli, however, have reportedly offered the ex-Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain star an 18-month contract.

    Asked about Ibrahimovic on the eve of Napoli's Champions League clash with Genk, head coach Carlo Ancelotti told reporters on Monday: "I haven't spoken to Ibra today but I did yesterday [Sunday] evening."

    "He told me he is in Los Angeles at the moment," added Ancelotti. "He feels really good and weather conditions are just perfect there."

  • A coach's suitcase is always ready - Ancelotti 'not scared' of Gattuso replacement talk A coach's suitcase is always ready - Ancelotti 'not scared' of Gattuso replacement talk

    Carlo Ancelotti says he is "not scared" by the thought of being sacked as Napoli coach amid claims Gennaro Gattuso has already been lined up to replace him.

    Napoli have endured a turbulent campaign and are on a nine-match run without a victory since beating Salzburg on October 23, drawing seven of those games.

    Reports in Italy suggest former Milan head coach Gattuso – who played under Ancelotti with the Rossoneri – could be appointed as early as Wednesday, with Napoli chiefs running out of patience in the experienced tactician.

    The 60-year-old accepts questions will be asked on the back of a poor run of form and is "ready" for his bosses to pull the trigger.

    "The suitcase of a coach is always ready, you can never unpack it," he said at his pre-match news conference on Monday ahead of the Champions League clash with Genk.

    "I think that for a coach to be questioned in this kind of situation is completely normal. I'm ready. It's an experience I've already experienced in the past.

    "It doesn't scare me and it doesn't worry me that the club could sack me or that I could leave."

    Napoli are seventh in Serie A, eight points adrift of the top four, but can guarantee a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a point at home to Genk on Tuesday.

    They are unbeaten in five Group E matches, taking four points off reigning European champions Liverpool along the way, and Ancelotti wants his side to carry that form into domestic matches.

    "I can't pretend - the team doesn't give what it could give," he added.

    "In Europe, we have seen another Napoli, the one I would like to see in the league as well. I am looking for solutions to get out of this difficult period.

    "The team is worried because of what they cannot do. They gave the best of themselves against Liverpool, when the weight of responsibility was less.

    "I have the feeling that tomorrow [Tuesday] we will have a great game and we will go into the next round and hopefully in first place."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.