Rumour Has It: Juventus to offer three players in move for Pogba

By Sports Desk July 19, 2019

Maybe Juventus are not ready to give up on signing Manchester United star Paul Pogba just yet.

Pogba, 26, has been linked with a return to Turin and a move to Real Madrid as he looks for an Old Trafford exit.

But, just as it looked like Juve were struggling and Madrid was the midfielder's most likely destination, that may have changed.

 

TOP STORY – JUVE TO OFFER THREE PLAYERS IN MOVE FOR POGBA

Juventus could offer a fee plus three players in their move for Manchester United star Pogba, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Full-back Joao Cancelo, attacker Douglas Costa and midfielder Blaise Matuidi are the players mentioned for potential moves in the report.

Meanwhile, ESPN FC report Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told coach Zinedine Zidane that it will be very difficult to sign Pogba this close season.

 

ROUND-UP

- Barcelona are still trying to find a way to bring Neymar back to Camp Nou from Paris Saint-Germain. According to Sky Germany, Barca are offering €100million plus two players, having given PSG a list of six that includes Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo and Malcom. That is up from the earlier offer of €40m plus two players. According to Sport, Barca have made Coutinho and Rakitic priorities to be sold.

- After being linked to Bayern Munich, Callum Hudson-Odoi is set to re-sign with Chelsea. The Daily Mail report the 18-year-old England international will sign a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge.

- Giovani Lo Celso apparently wants to join Tottenham, but Spurs are unwilling to meet Real Betis' £60m (€66.8m) asking price, according to The Sun, who say Erik Lamela could be added into a deal. Danny Rose could also reportedly leave Spurs and Sky Sports say PSG are interested in the left-back.

- Arsenal have beaten their north London rivals to the signing of Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba, according to ESPN FC. Arsenal will complete the signing of Saliba for £26.9m (€30m) and loan him back to the Ligue 1 club despite late interest from Spurs, the report says.

- Another reported Arsenal target, Wilfried Zaha, has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave, according to The Sun. Arsenal have reportedly had a £40m bid for the attacker rejected.

- Bayern Munich are ready to meet Celta Vigo midfielder Brais Mendez's €25m release clause, according to Kicker. Mendez, 22, was handed a Spain debut late last year and scored six goals while providing seven assists for Celta in LaLiga in 2018-19.

Related items

  • Guardiola: Manchester City still not ready to win Champions League Guardiola: Manchester City still not ready to win Champions League

    Manchester City are still not ready to win the Champions League, according to manager Pep Guardiola.

    City responded to their shock Premier League loss to Wolves prior to the international break with a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

    Two-time reigning Premier League champions City are six points adrift of unbeaten leaders Liverpool ahead of Tuesday's Champions League fixture against Atalanta.

    Having conquered English football, City covet European glory but Guardiola believes his team are not close to reigning supreme in the Champions League.

    "The people say about the Champions League, that target. We still are not ready," said Guardiola, whose City have lost in the quarter-finals in each of the past two seasons.

    "We create a lot, don't concede, but can improve. We've scored a lot over the last two seasons and I don't have doubts about that, but we have to keep going, work on that."

    Gabriel Jesus scored in the victory at Selhurst Park, where the Brazil forward netted his 50th City goal since arriving from Palmeiras in 2017.

    "He [Jesus] will have a long career and with his mentality always he will have success. He is hungry, he will become an important striker around the world and we are lucky to have him," Guardiola said.

    "Gabriel was always good from the beginning. Unfortunately he had the two tough injuries. Last season it was tough for him, after the World Cup it was not easy, but he is strong.

    "He is a number nine for Brazil. The club brought an incredible, young player for an incredible price. One of the best signings.

    "To compete with Sergio [Aguero] is maybe the most difficult thing. Sergio is a legend, an outrageous player - amazing, but Gabriel is so calm.

    "He is a competitor, he accepts the decision and every training session he fights like an animal, but he is so young and can improve."

  • Spurs still 'fighting' for Pochettino, insists Alderweireld Spurs still 'fighting' for Pochettino, insists Alderweireld

    Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld insisted Spurs are still "fighting" for manager Mauricio Pochettino amid the club's struggles.

    Spurs were held to a disappointing 1-1 Premier League draw by Watford on Saturday, leaving Tottenham without a win in three matches in all competitions.

    Pochettino's future has come into question as Tottenham languish in seventh position, while they were humiliated 7-2 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League prior to the international break.

    However, Alderweireld said Spurs are behind Pochettino, who led Tottenham to the Champions League final last season.

    "There is a team on the pitch and you see us fighting," Belgium international Alderweireld said.

    "Everyone is behind the club and the manager otherwise we could not have put the effort we put in."

    Alderweireld added: "I think we didn't make the right decisions. At the end they had one long ball and they scored. It's difficult, not positive, but in the second half we changed the game.

    "We did a lot better. We could have scored a lot more goals. We need to improve and improve and improve. It's the same players [as last season] and we have to get out of this."

    Tottenham host Red Star Belgrade on matchday three in the Champions League on Tuesday.

  • Cavalier snap Molynes unbeaten streak - Promoted team suffer first loss of season Cavalier snap Molynes unbeaten streak - Promoted team suffer first loss of season

    Cavalier handed promoted Molynes United their first loss of the season with a 3-1 drubbing in the Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) at Waterhouse Stadium on Sunday.

    The RSPL newcomers have enjoyed a rosy start to life in the top flight, winning their first six games of the season before drawing with Harbour View last weekend.  Cavalier were determined to ensure that they did mount a quick recovery and dominated throughout the encounter.

    Chevonne Marsh gave the visitors an early lead in the 22nd minute and with the match heading towards halftime, Keithy Simpson doubled that advantage with his goal in the 42nd minute.  The game seemed to be well and truly over by the time Nicholas Hamilton added a third goal in the 82nd minute but Anthony Greenland got a consolation goal for the hosts in stoppage time.

     Elsewhere, league leaders Waterhouse failed to take advantage of the Molynes United slip-up as they were themselves hammered 3-1 by Mount Pleasant.  Jourdaine Fletcher put the hosts in the lead in the 40th minute, with Francios Swaby doubling that lead just five minutes later.  Andre Fletcher, however, made things interesting when he found the back of the net in the 81st minute, setting up the potential of a grandstand finish.  The two-goal advantage was restored when Kesslon Hall struck in time added on.

    Tivoli Gardens left things late but still grabbed all three points when Davian Garrison found the back of the net in the 82nd minute.  In other matches, Humble Lions and Harbour View played to a 0-0 draw at Effortville, while UWI and Vere United played to a 1-1 draw at UWI bowl.

     

     

     

     

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.