Asllani becomes first signing for Real Madrid's women's team

By Sports Desk July 18, 2019

Kosovare Asllani has become the first signing for Real Madrid's women's team after a stellar Women's World Cup campaign with Sweden.

Madrid have incorporated CD Tacon into their structure after completing a takeover of the club, announcing the merger last month.

Tacon will keep their name for 2019-20 before being rebranded as Madrid, and their hopes of challenging Atletico Madrid and Barcelona following promotion to the top division have been boosted by the addition of Asllani.

Asllani scored three goals as Sweden reached the semi-finals in France, where they lost 1-0 to Netherlands, her third strike coming in the third place play-off win over England.

The former Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City forward joins from Linkopings and wrote on Twitter: "Proud to announce that I'll be the first official signing for Real Madrid/CD Tacon.

"Excited to write history, to help build and be part of this team's journey from the very start. It'll be a dream to wear the most beautiful jersey in the world starting next season. HALA MADRID."

Related items

  • Icardi not causing a disturbance at Inter, says Conte Icardi not causing a disturbance at Inter, says Conte

    Mauro Icardi is not causing any issues for Inter coach Antonio Conte, who insists the unsettled striker's failure to secure a move away from San Siro has not hindered preparations for the new season.

    Inter handed Icardi the number seven shirt for the 2019-20 campaign in a move that indicated he is expected to remain at the club, where he was stripped of the captaincy last term.

    The 26-year-old was widely expected to leave in the close season and was linked with Juventus and Monaco.

    However, with Icardi still at Inter and the arrival of Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United, it appears Conte will be left with a player deemed surplus to requirements.

    Asked about the effect of Icardi's continued presence by the media, Conte said: "I have great respect for everyone, but I don't feel any disturbance.

    "We are working hard, we know full well what approach has been taken with the player, but it is not causing any disturbance for me."

    Inter open against Lecce at San Siro on Monday, with Conte making clear that the aim for his side is to close the gap on last season's top two, Juventus and Napoli.

    The Nerazzurri finished fourth, 10 points behind second-placed Napoli, but Conte believes Lukaku's arrival can boost their chances of improving this term.

    "Lukaku arrived full of enthusiasm," said Conte. "He is a very joyful guy to be around and the team immediately welcomed him into their hearts.

    "He was on the margins of the Manchester United squad for a while, so is not at 100 per cent, but has immense potential and can improve in every area.

    "I tried him out alongside Lautaro Martinez, Matteo Politano and Sebastiano Esposito, so I am pleased with the synergy that is forming between these players.

    "I always said that I wanted to feel even a one per cent chance of competing for victory. We are building something important here and I can say that the chase is on.

    "We aim to close the gap, which is pretty large, from the top two. I don't set limits, only time will tell what we are fighting for, but we've got to work even better than the rest if we want to achieve something extraordinary."

  • Neymar left out of latest PSG squad as Ligue 1 champions await clarity Neymar left out of latest PSG squad as Ligue 1 champions await clarity

    Neymar remains absent from Paris Saint-Germain's matchday squad in a sign the Ligue 1 club are yet to gain clarity on his future.

    The Brazil international trained with the first team during the week but has not been selected to face Toulouse on Sunday.

    His omission comes after Thomas Tuchel confirmed Neymar's selection depended on PSG resolving the "unsettling" transfer speculation surrounding the world's most expensive player.

    "He has had a good week with his team-mates. However, the club's position is clear: while his situation is unclear, he cannot play," Tuchel said at Saturday's pre-match news conference.

    "If Neymar's situation became clear tomorrow, then he could play."

    Talks between PSG and interested parties Barcelona and Real Madrid are reportedly ongoing but the September 2 transfer deadline is drawing closer.

    Neymar sat out the entire pre-season schedule due to an ankle injury that saw him miss the Copa America.

    PSG won 3-0 against Nimes in their Ligue 1 opener before losing 2-1 at Rennes, having beaten those same opponents in the Trophee des Champions in Shenzhen.

    Julian Draxler, a starter last weekend, is out with injury, joining Ander Herrera and Thilo Kehrer on the sidelines.

  • Dybala's Man United move didn't collapse because of me, insists agent Dybala's Man United move didn't collapse because of me, insists agent

    Paulo Dybala's agent insists he is not to blame for the collapse of the Argentina forward's proposed move to Manchester United.

    The Juventus star looked to be close to an exit this month as the Old Lady attempted to prise Romelu Lukaku away from United, reportedly offering Dybala as part of the deal.

    While a breakthrough initially appeared possible, media reports began to shed light on various apparent issues in the negotiations.

    Uncertainty over Dybala's image rights was one reported stumbling block, while it was also claimed his agent – Jorge Antun – had demanded an exorbitant €15million commission to get the deal over the line.

    Ultimately United and Juve failed reach an agreement and Lukaku joined Inter, but Antun insists the breakdown in discussions was not because of him.

    "Yes, I talked to the English club," Antun told Tuttosport. "But the commission stories are untrue. There were just issues between the clubs."

    Rumours of Dybala leaving have been prominent ever since Maurizio Sarri's appointment as Juve's head coach, with the former Napoli boss reportedly viewing him as expendable due to tactical reasons, claims backed up by him being an unused substitute in Saturday's 1-0 win at Parma.

    The latest club to emerge as a potential destination is Paris Saint-Germain and, although Antun accepts things can change very quickly, he claims he is not preparing for any imminent talks in the French capital.

    "No, I don't have any plans [to go to Paris]," he said. "Paulo must enjoy the moment with Juventus. What will happen in the future, I don't know."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.