Dominic Solanke has joined Bournemouth from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee, reported to be worth in the region of £19million.

The 21-year-old, who was strongly linked with a loan move to Crystal Palace earlier this week, has signed a long-term contract at the Vitality Stadium. 

Solanke won the Golden Ball as player of the tournament when England won the Under-20 World Cup in 2017, exploits that preceded his move from Chelsea to Liverpool. 

But the striker struggled for first-team opportunities at Anfield, with 16 of his 21 Premier League appearances coming from the bench during 2017-18. 

He scored his solitary top-flight goal for the club in the 4-0 win over Brighton and Hove Albion on the final day of last season before fitness problems took a toll in his second campaign with the Reds.

Solanke, who has one cap for England at senior level, having come on as a substitute against Brazil in November 2017, cited Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe as a key factor in his decision to join the club.

He told afcbTV: "I think this club is going somewhere. Over the past few years, they have been really good in the Premier League and had some good positional finishes as well."

"I think it's a good club to be at, especially for someone of my age. I spoke with the manager - he's a really nice guy. From playing and watching the Premier League, I know the sort of manager he is. I was excited to meet him and I'm really looking forward to working with him and seeing what he's about."

Solanke's arrival at Bournemouth comes amid reports veteran striker Jermain Defoe is set to join Rangers on an 18-month loan deal, while the Cherries' England international Callum Wilson has been rumoured as a possible January target for Chelsea.

On his new recruit, Howe said: "Dominic is technically gifted, very athletic and has the physical profile that will give us something different in our front line.

"He has done very well for England at various age groups, has a huge amount of potential and I'm really excited about working with him."

Nathaniel Clyne is reportedly set to join Solanke in moving from Merseyside to England's south coast, with a loan deal for the right-back running until the end of this season understood to be close.

Dominic Solanke has joined Bournemouth from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee, reported to be worth in the region of £19million.

Chelsea have secured a €64million deal for Christian Pulisic, who will stay at Borussia Dortmund on loan until the end of the season.

Pulisic has long been linked with a Premier League move and Dortmund confirmed on Wednesday a deal with Chelsea has been agreed.

The United States international will remain with Dortmund as Lucien Favre's men push for the Bundesliga title, sitting six points clear in top spot over the mid-season break.

Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said Pulisic's expiring contract – his deal was set to run out in 2020 – was among the reasons for the sale.

"It was always Christian's dream to play in the Premier League," he told Dortmund's website. "That certainly has to do with his American background, and as a result we were unable to extend his contract.

"Against this background, we have decided to accept an extremely lucrative bid by Chelsea, given the low contract maturity.

"Christian Pulisic as a character is a perfect player. I am sure that in the coming months he will do everything in his power to bring his high quality to the team and to achieve his sporting goals with his team-mates at Borussia Dortmund."

Pulisic has also been linked with Premier League leaders Liverpool, but Chelsea have won the race for the 20-year-old.

Despite being widely regarded to be among Europe's most talented rising stars, Pulisic has only started five Bundesliga games this season, with fellow youngsters Jadon Sancho and Jacob Bruun Larsen seemingly preferred by Favre.

Blues boss Maurizio Sarri said on Tuesday he would not be seeking a striker signing in the January transfer window but suggested he wanted to add to his attacking options.

Pulisic, though, could be seen as a replacement for Eden Hazard, whose Chelsea contract expires in 2020.

Hazard has indicated he may sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge but Sarri has told the Belgium star, regularly linked with joining Real Madrid, to make up his mind.

"It's time to decide," Sarri told reporters last week. "We have to solve this problem if we want to programme the future."

Chelsea have secured a €64million deal for Christian Pulisic, who will stay at Borussia Dortmund on loan until the end of the season.

Declan Rice has committed his future to West Ham by signing a new five-and-a-half-year deal with the Premier League club.

Rice's deal was set to expire in 2020, but the club announced on Friday he has agreed a new long-term contract, which includes the option for a further year.

The 19-year-old has become increasingly influential for the Hammers this season, starting 16 Premier League games under new boss Manuel Pellegrini.

And the versatile teenager, who can operate either in midfield or defence, is thrilled to be staying at West Ham.

"I'm absolutely delighted to have got the contract done, signed and to commit my future to the club until 2024. I'm absolutely ecstatic," he told the club's website.

"Without a doubt, the plan was always to stay at West Ham. I've had the support from the fans, from the players and from the manager and now, to get it done and commit myself to this club is a very special moment and I'm over the moon.

"I've now played 50 games for the first team and I'm progressing week in, week out, learning from a top manager and top players. I'm still young, so to put more years on my contract and keep developing here is the best thing for me to do now. With the support of the manager, the players, everyone, it was the right thing to do."

London-born Rice has made appearances in friendlies for Republic of Ireland, but is yet to declare his international future, with England his other option.

But the teenager is focused on helping West Ham, who have won five of their last six Premier League matches, push for European qualification.

"Without a doubt, you've seen now the way we've played after the first four games, that's what we've got to be aiming for, for those European spots," Rice added. "With the players we've got out injured to come back in, we've definitely got to be aiming high.

"We've got 60,000 fans now, with that being increased, we've got a top manager who has won a Premier League title and quality players in the squad, so there is no reason why we can't be competing at the top, for sure."

The Football Association (FA) has charged Arsenal head coach Unai Emery with improper conduct after he kicked a bottle during his side's Premier League game at Brighton and Hove Albion.

Emery let his frustration boil over on the touchline in the 1-1 Boxing Day draw and kicked out at a bottle, which then went into the Brighton fans.

The Arsenal boss appeared to apologise straight away and again said sorry for the incident at a post-match news conference.

But the FA has charged Emery regardless, announcing on Thursday that the Spaniard has until January 2 to respond.

Emery addressed the incident again when he spoke to the media ahead of Saturday's trip to Premier League leaders Liverpool.

"I said yesterday my apologies, I kicked the bottle in frustration but not for the supporter, I kicked for me and it went near to the supporter and I said to them my apologies," he said.

"There is not another communication. I repeat today my apologies for my individual action but I kick the bottle because it is near me, but not because it is my intention."

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been ruled out for six weeks after sustaining a fractured metatarsal in his right foot, Arsenal have announced. 

Radja Nainggolan has been suspended by Inter for "disciplinary reasons", the Serie A club announced on Sunday.

The Belgian midfielder only joined Inter in June from Roma in a deal reported to be worth €38million plus Nicolo Zaniolo, though he has failed to live up to expectations.

Nainggolan has scored two goals in 11 Serie A outings, with Inter currently sitting third in the table.

But he looks unlikely to feature in their next few games following Inter's shock announcement that he will be barred from "football activity".

Inter's statement read: "Inter can confirm that Radja Nainggolan has been temporarily suspended from football activity for disciplinary reasons."

The news comes at the end of a difficult week for the combative midfielder, as it was reported on Thursday that a gang had been falsifying his cheques and managed to rob him of approximately €150,000.

According to reports, an investigation into the crime is then claimed to have found Nainggolan suffered significant losses at a casino.

Inter have not stated the reasons for Nainggolan's suspension, but he has long been seen as a contentious figure in Italian football.

The extravagant character referred to himself as "normal" rather than a "bad boy" in an interview last month, though he has often attracted criticism for smoking, partying and drinking.

He was left out of Belgium's World Cup squad as he failed to convince Roberto Martinez he was worthy of a place, with the pair having had a rocky relationship during the Spaniard's time in charge.

Reports in the Italian media suggest Nainggolan's punishment is for arriving late to training.

Radja Nainggolan has been suspended by Inter for "disciplinary reasons", the Serie A club announced on Sunday.

Hours after Josh Gordon announced he was “stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health,” the New England Patriots receiver was suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. 

Gordon, who was traded to the Patriots from the Cleveland Browns in September, had revealed he would be taking time out in a Twitter post on Thursday.

He wrote: "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally.

"With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health. I would like to thank Coach [Bill] Belichick, [Patriots owner] Mr. [Robert] Kraft, as well as countless others within the Patriots organization for their continued support.

"I want to thank my fans for their support as well as I continue down the path getting back to 100%."

The league later confirmed that Gordon had been banned.

"Effective today, Josh Gordon has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse." said an NFL statement.

A Patriots statement read: "We support Josh Gordon in his continued efforts to focus on his health. His attempt to do so is a private and personal matter, which we intend to respect."

Gordon missed all of 2015 and 2016 due to suspensions and played only five games in 2017.

In 11 games with New England, he has 40 receptions for a team-high 720 yards and three touchdowns.

The Patriots (9-5) will finish the regular season with home games against the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets.

Alex Sandro has signed a new Juventus contract running to 2023, ending speculation he could leave the Serie A champions for a Premier League club.

Brazil international Alex Sandro has been linked to sides including Chelsea and Manchester United, but instead confirmed he will be staying in Turin.

The 27-year-old has developed into one of the world's top left-backs since joining Juve from Porto in 2015 and he will now spend the foreseeable future with Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Alex Sandro has won domestic doubles in each of his three seasons at Juve, who are on track to defend their Serie A crown for the eighth year in a row.

"His skills on the pitch are undeniable, but Alex Sandro has always stood out for his great professionalism," a club statement read.

"The commitment which he has always put into every training session, every match, every moment in black and white. Just like he said he would do back in 2015.

"Here's to continuing that commitment, going forwards to earn new victories and win more trophies!"

Since signing for Juve, Alex Sandro's 134 appearances for the club is more than any of his defensive team-mates, while his 13 league assists in that time is more than any Serie A defender.

Alex Sandro recently indicated he was interested in joining a Premier League side, but it appears he is content at Juve for the long term.

"I think one day, who knows what will happen. I have a desire to play in the Premier League," he said before Brazil's recent friendly against Cameroon.

"But right now I'm very happy where I am, at the club I am at, the league I'm playing in. So today, my only thought is to continue where I am because that's where I feel happy."

Alex Sandro has signed a new Juventus contract running to 2023, ending speculation he could leave the Serie A champions for a Premier League club.

The struggling New England Patriots will be down a key weapon for the foreseeable future after wide receiver Josh Gordon announced he is "stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health".

Gordon, who was traded to the Patriots from the Cleveland Browns in September, revealed his decision in a Twitter post on Thursday.

However, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero duly reported on the league's official website that Gordon "is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, according to a source informed of his status."

In his Twitter post, Gordon wrote: "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally.

"With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health. I would like to thank Coach [Bill] Belichick, [Patriots owner] Mr. [Robert] Kraft, as well as countless others within the Patriots organization for their continued support.

"I want to thank my fans for their support as well as I continue down the path getting back to 100%." 

Gordon missed all of 2015 and 2016 due to suspensions and played only five games in 2017.

In 11 games with New England, he has 40 receptions for a team-high 720 yards and three touchdowns.

The Patriots (9-5) will finish the regular season with home games against the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets.

Alphonse Areola has signed a new Paris Saint-Germain contract running through to 2023, the Ligue 1 champions have announced.

Areola appears to have won the battle to be Thomas Tuchel's first choice goalkeeper, starting nine Ligue 1 matches this term despite the arrival of veteran Gianluigi Buffon.

Italy great Buffon, though, has started three Champions League matches and seven games in the league as Tuchel continues to juggle his options between the posts.

And Areola, part of the France squad that won the World Cup in Russia this year, has been rewarded with a new contract.

The 25-year-old has come through the ranks at PSG and the Paris-born goalkeeper is thrilled to have committed his future to his boyhood club.

"It was very important for me to continue my career and my progress at Paris Saint-Germain," Areola told PSG's website. "This club is not only my trainer, it is also the club of my heart. I grew up here and I discovered the very high level.

"My club gives me this chance to pursue very high ambitions, alongside outstanding team-mates. With the continued support of our supporters, we still have wonderful story pages to write together. I believe very strongly in my club and the opportunity to live unforgettable moments."

PSG extended the contract of Areola's France team-mate Presnel Kimpembe in August and president Nasser Al-Khelaifi hailed the goalkeeper's rise as a coup for the club's academy.

"It is with great joy and pride that we are extending Alphonse Areola's contract," he said. "Alphonse is one of the most beautiful symbols of the excellence of our training centre.

"And we appreciate, as well as our supporters, the loyalty that he expresses towards his club through his choice to join in the long term.

"Since his first steps at the club, Alphonse has shown a fantastic desire to make progress with his coaches and his most experienced teammates.

"His extension is a strong signal of the trust we place and will continue to place in the players we train."

Jose Mourinho said he still has "a future without Manchester United" and refrained from criticising the club following his sacking.

The Portuguese's two-and-a-half-year stint at Old Trafford was ended on Tuesday when he departed with the club 19 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool and 11 adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea.

Mourinho spoke for the first time publicly on Wednesday - shortly after United had confirmed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as his replacement on an interim basis - and the 55-year-old stressed he was ready to move on.

"I don't change," he told Sky Sports News.

"What I did when I left Chelsea for example is the same that I'm going to do now.

"I keep the good things and I don't speak about anything that happened in the club. We could speak about so many good things, we could speak about not as good, but that's not me.

"It's finished. Manchester United has a future without me and I have a future without Manchester United."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.