Bologna don't believe Zlatan Ibrahimovic deal is possible

By Sports Desk May 17, 2020

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been linked with a move to Bologna next season but club director Walter Sabatini poured cold water on the idea.

Bologna boss Sinisa Mihajlovic this weekend said Ibrahimovic, who was on the Inter playing staff when he was a coach for the Nerazzurri, had told him he would leave Milan following the 2019-20 campaign.

Mihajlovic claimed the veteran striker's next move will be to either return to Sweden or join Bologna, but Sabatini thinks the latter is far-fetched.

"It's something that could only develop via their friendship and mutual admiration," Sabatini told Sky Sport Italia.

"A transfer operation involving Ibrahimovic is not something Bologna could aspire to.

"He'd certainly raise the level of everyone around him, so of course it'd be wonderful, but I can't say I believe it'll happen."

Director of sport Riccardo Bigon added: "The coach has a personal relationship with Ibrahimovic, but I don't know if that could turn into negotiations."

Bologna's Japan international Takehiro Tomiyasu is reportedly a target for Roma but Sabatini stressed he is not for sale.

"We won't be selling him because the figure paid would not be sufficient to reflect what a great player he is," said Sabatini.

"Right now nobody is capable of fully evaluating what Tomiyasu is and can become."

Bigon insisted Bologna will not be accepting any offers for Italy international forward Riccardo Orsolini either.

"We will be the club most affected by the coronavirus, but we will not sell off our talents," Bigon said.

"It is fortunate because we do not need to do it and we certainly won't sell. I can say that with certainty."

Related items

  • Ginter 'definitely staying at Gladbach' despite Chelsea, Inter & Atletico interest Ginter 'definitely staying at Gladbach' despite Chelsea, Inter & Atletico interest

    Matthias Ginter is to remain at Borussia Monchengladbach despite reported interest from a host of European clubs.

    The Germany centre-back has been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Inter and Atletico Madrid.

    However, after a 2019-20 season that saw Gladbach finish fourth in the Bundesliga and qualify for the Champions League, Ginter wants to help the Foals take the next step.

    "I'm definitely staying in Gladbach," Ginter told Kicker magazine.

    "Of course I heard of the enquiries and was flattered by this attention, but I've said often enough how good things are for me in Gladbach.

    "This team has huge potential. And the coach [Marco Rose] gives us a great deal of added value.

    "With the amazing fans and surroundings here, this club is currently in the process of building something. I share these big ambitions and I also have a contract here."

  • Cagliari hire Di Francesco to replace Zenga Cagliari hire Di Francesco to replace Zenga

    Cagliari have hired Eusebio Di Francesco as their new coach after opting to cut short the stay of Walter Zenga.

    Former Italy goalkeeper Zenga had been appointed during the coronavirus-enforced suspension, replacing Rolando Maran on a deal until June 30, 2021.

    Speaking ahead of Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Milan in the club's final match of the season, Zenga seemed optimistic about his chances of continuing at the helm next term.

    But club president Tommaso Giulini was clearly of a differing opinion, with Cagliari confirming on Sunday that Zenga's stay had been terminated despite guiding them to safety.

    Di Francesco arrives in his place, signing a two-year deal as he returns to work following an ill-fated spell at Sampdoria last year.

    He presided over Sampdoria's first seven Serie A matches of the 2019-20 season, but was dismissed in October having lost six of those games.

    The former Roma boss will be hoping to rebuild his reputation with the Sardinian club, but will surely be aware he may have to hit the ground running if he is to do so, as he will be Cagliari's 19th coach since the start of 2010.

  • Rumour Has It: Depay key to Man Utd's Sancho pursuit, Allegri or Pochettino could replace Conte Rumour Has It: Depay key to Man Utd's Sancho pursuit, Allegri or Pochettino could replace Conte

    Memphis Depay has links to Manchester United and he might be able to help out his former club.

    Depay spent two years at United but struggled before leaving for Ligue 1 outfit Lyon in 2017.

    The Netherlands international has since flourished in France, and he could now play a role in United bringing Jadon Sancho to Manchester.

     

    TOP STORY – DORTMUND WANT DEPAY AS SANCHO REPLACEMENT

    Manchester United's bid to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho could hinge on Lyon captain Memphis Depay, according to The Sun.

    Sancho has been tipped to leave Bundesliga side Dortmund for Premier League giants United in a blockbuster transfer this off-season.

    Former United forward Depay has emerged as a possible replacement for Sancho at Dortmund and is reportedly the key to the Red Devils prising the England international to Old Trafford.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Could Antonio Conte leave Inter after just one season? The Inter head coach took aim at the club after their final game of the Serie A season – a 2-0 win over Atalanta on Saturday to secure second spot behind Juventus. Conte claimed neither he nor his players were protected by the club amid criticism. Now, Sky Sport Italia, SportMediaset, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Tuttosport and Corriere dello Sport claim the damage is irreparable. With Conte facing an uncertain future, former Juve head coach Massimiliano Allegri and ex-Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino have emerged as possible replacements.

    - Le10Sport reports Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wants Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele to join the Gunners. Dembele has been linked with a move away from the LaLiga giants, who are reportedly trying to raise transfer funds through sales. Aubameyang himself has been linked to Barca, as well as Paris Saint-Germain and United previously.

    Milan are ready to sell Lucas Paqueta, claims Calciomercato. Linked to PSG previously, Serie A rivals Fiorentina are interested in the Brazilian attacker and an exchange involving Viola star defender Nikola Milenkovic could take place.

    - According to the Telegraph, Sevilla defender Diego Carlos is at the top of Arsenal's transfer wish list. Premier League rivals Manchester City and Liverpool have also been credited with interest.

    - AS Diario says Real Madrid have a clear plan of when they want to pursue their transfer targets amid the coronavirus pandemic. Reluctant to spend after winning LaLiga and in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, Madrid are focusing on 2021 – PSG's Kylian Mbappe at the top of the list. Rennes sensation Eduardo Camavinga is also wanted next year, while Dortmund forward Erling Haaland is a 2022 target.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.