EPL

Man Utd star Pogba open to Juventus return – Raiola

By Sports Desk February 13, 2020

Paul Pogba "would not mind" returning to Juventus as "Italy is like home" for the Manchester United star, according to his agent Mino Raiola.

Pogba – who continues to recover from an ankle injury – has been linked to Serie A champions Juve and LaLiga giants Real Madrid, with the United midfielder reportedly unhappy in Manchester.

The 26-year-old left United for Juve in 2012 but Pogba was prised back to Old Trafford in 2016 for a then-world record transfer fee of €105million (£89.3m).

Raiola placed Pogba's United future in fresh doubt after watching Juve's late 1-1 draw against 10-man Milan in the opening leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final on Thursday.

"Italy is like home for Paul. He would not mind going back to Juve but we will see what will happen after the Euros," Raiola told reporters.

"Paul wants to play at the best level but he can't escape by Manchester United if they are in a difficult situation." 

It has been an injury-ravaged season for Pogba, who has started just five Premier League matches this term and made only seven appearances in total.

Pogba has only managed eight games across all competitions for United, who languish eighth in the Premier League after 25 rounds.

United travel to fourth-placed Chelsea on Monday as the Premier League returns after a minibreak.

Related items

  • Coronavirus: Premier League clubs approve return to contact training Coronavirus: Premier League clubs approve return to contact training

    Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to resume contact training in groups.

    The British government gave teams the green light to recommence "competitive" training earlier in the week, with authorities gearing up for a potential return of Premier League match action following a hiatus of more than two months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    On Wednesday, all clubs agreed to the implementation of Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol.

    A Premier League statement read: "Premier League Shareholders today voted unanimously to resume contact training – marking another step towards restarting the Premier League season, when safe to do so.

    "Squads are now able to train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising any unnecessary close contact.

    "The Premier League's priority is the health and wellbeing of all participants. Strict medical protocols are in place to ensure the training ground is the safest environment possible and players and staff will continue to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week.

    "Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol has been agreed following consultation with clubs, players, managers, the PFA [Professional Footballers' Association], LMA [League Managers' Association] and the government. Discussions are ongoing as work continues towards resuming the season, when conditions allow."

  • BREAKING NEWS: Premier League clubs approve return to contact training BREAKING NEWS: Premier League clubs approve return to contact training

    Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to resume contact training in groups.

  • Juventus signing Kulusevski reveals 'doubts' over Inter boss Conte Juventus signing Kulusevski reveals 'doubts' over Inter boss Conte

    Dejan Kulusevski has revealed he chose Juventus over Inter as he was "in doubt" about working under Antonio Conte.

    The Sweden international agreed to sign for the Serie A champions from Atalanta in January, penning a four-and-a-half-year deal before being loaned back to Parma.

    As well as relishing the prospect of lining up alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala, Kulusevski is also eager to learn from Juve boss Maurizio Sarri.

    And the midfielder drew a direct comparison with Inter coach Conte, who he was not so sure about.

    "[Sarri] was nice. He put me at ease. I knew his Chelsea and his style of play," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

    "That's also why I chose to play for the Bianconeri. 

    "With Conte, the movements are different, the tactical set-up. That was why I was in doubt."

    Reflecting on his arrival at Allianz Stadium, Kulusevski was delighted to be welcomed by Ronaldo among several of his new team-mates.

    "What a thrill that day at the stadium, a unique atmosphere," the 20-year-old said. "And CR7 said to me: 'Welcome Dejan, how are you?'

    "[Gianluigi] Buffon and [Giorgio] Chiellini were nice to me too. An immense joy for a boy who had only seen them on TV.

    "I hope we go far in every competition and above all that we will win the Champions League."

    With Italian football still in a coronavirus-enforced shutdown, Kulusevski will not be able to make his debut until the new season begins but he is looking forward to the challenge.

    "I'm on the right track, I feel stronger every day and ready to face new challenges," he said. "I'm attracted to the idea of testing myself against the best.

    "I go there to learn; I can't wait to link up with Dybala and his magical left foot.

    "In any case, I now know how to play in multiple positions, and I plan to claim my place in Turin too."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.