EPL

Jorginho's agent suggests Sarri reunion at Juventus is possible

By Sports Desk February 05, 2020

Jorginho's agent has suggested his client could leave Chelsea at the end of the season, claiming a reunion with Maurizio Sarri at Juventus is a possibility.

Italy international Jorginho joined Chelsea in 2018, following Sarri to Stamford Bridge from Napoli.

He was a key figure under the Italian coach, starting in 37 Premier League games during his debut campaign in England.

The midfielder has also been a regular under Frank Lampard this season, scoring four goals in 23 league outings so far.

However, his representative – Joao Santos – is expecting offers for the player during the next transfer window, despite still having another three years to run on his contract.

"Why not?" Santos told Tuttomercatoweb when asked if Jorginho could leave Chelsea.

"I am sure that some important proposals will come, which we would obviously evaluate together with Chelsea."

However, Santos made clear Jorginho's main priority once he has completed domestic duties with Chelsea is representing Italy at Euro 2020.

"His goal is the European Championships with the national team," Santos said.

"There are many expectations around [Roberto] Mancini's team. The European Championship is also a good showcase.

"Even personally, he is doing very well at Chelsea, and I am sure that some important proposals will come because in his role there are not many high-level players like him around."

Related items

  • Donnarumma motivated to stay at Milan – Pioli Donnarumma motivated to stay at Milan – Pioli

    Gianluigi Donnarumma is motivated to stay at Milan amid reports of a contract extension for the goalkeeper, according to head coach Stefano Pioli.

    Donnarumma, 21, is reportedly set to re-sign with the Serie A club, where his current deal ends in 2021.

    Speaking after Milan's 3-1 win over Parma on Wednesday, Pioli said the Italy international was happy at San Siro.

    "Nobody is talking about their future. We have to stay focused only on the present," Piolo told Sky Sport Italia.

    "I see him calm and motivated to stay at Milan. He made a careful performance.

    "I want to enjoy this team, it's nice to work with them."

    Donnarumma has made 198 senior appearances for Milan since debuting in 2015-16.

    The goalkeeper has been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Tottenham amid uncertainty over his Milan future.

  • Vancouver Whitecaps 3-4 San Jose Earthquakes: MLS thriller settled by 98th-minute winner Vancouver Whitecaps 3-4 San Jose Earthquakes: MLS thriller settled by 98th-minute winner

    Shea Salinas scored a fine individual goal in the eighth minute of stoppage time as San Jose Earthquakes produced a stunning comeback to beat Vancouver Whitecaps 4-3 in the MLS is Back Tournament.

    The Earthquakes trailed the Whitecaps 3-1 after 59 minutes in Orlando, Florida and were staring at their first Group B defeat on Wednesday.

    But the Earthquakes – who drew their opening match – rallied midweek thanks to veteran striker Chris Wondolowski, Oswaldo Alanis and substitute Salinas' memorable 98th-minute solo run.

    Opening their MLS is Back Tournament campaign, the Whitecaps made a fine start as they raced out to a 2-0 lead at Walt Disney World resort.

    Ali Adnan's curled effort from the top of the penalty area put the Whitecaps ahead in the seventh minute before a Judson own goal following a swift counter-attack doubled Vancouver's lead 15 minutes later.

    The Earthquakes gave themselves some hope on the stroke of half-time when Andres Rios reduced the deficit, only for Cristian Dajome to restore Vancouver's two-goal buffer approaching the hour-mark following a goalkeeping error.

    Wondolowski came off the bench and kept San Jose in the contest with 18 minutes remaining – the league's all-time leading scorer improving his tally to 160.

    The Earthquakes then drew level through Alanis nine minutes later before Salinas' moment of magic completed the breathtaking comeback.

  • Man Utd boss Solskjaer questions Chelsea's extra rest ahead of FA Cup semi: It's not fair Man Utd boss Solskjaer questions Chelsea's extra rest ahead of FA Cup semi: It's not fair

    Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said it is "not fair" Chelsea have been afforded 48 hours more rest ahead of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final showdown.

    United will meet rivals Chelsea at Wembley for a place in the decider, not before facing Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Thursday.

    Chelsea will enter the FA Cup clash having not played since Tuesday and Solskjaer questioned the scheduling as United also try to qualify for the Champions League.

    "There is a concern, obviously, that they will have had 48 hours' more rest and recovery than us," Solskjaer told a news conference on the eve of the Palace fixture.

    "It's not fair. We spoke about a fair scheduling going into this restart and of course it isn't.

    "But I have to think about Thursday [against Crystal Palace], winning that one, focusing on that one, and then pick up the pieces after that."

    United will take on Palace amid an 18-game unbeaten streak across all competitions following Monday's last-gasp 2-2 draw at home to Southampton.

    The Red Devils missed the chance to climb above Chelsea and Leicester City into third position – United now fifth with three games remaining.

    With United's season and future plans on the line, Solskjaer is confident his team can cope with the physical demands.

    "We've not really played every three days but we definitely will now," said Solskjaer. "The next two weeks will be hectic but then again we're fit, very fit – our lads have not felt as fit as this for years, I'm sure.

    "It was a big thing towards the end of last season that we felt our team wasn't fit enough, we got a few injuries, this season we've not had that kind of a problem. It's not going to be a problem and a concern for us but 24 hours, 48 hours is a big difference at this time [of the season] so we've not been handed four Aces, to put it that way, for the last two weeks."

    United are set to make changes against Palace after Luke Shaw picked up an ankle injury last time out, while Paul Pogba – who has starred alongside Bruno Fernandes – could be rested.

    "I've been speaking more or less every day with Paul, he knows that he wouldn't be dropped," said Solskjaer. "When Paul plays like this he wouldn't be dropped from any team in the world – France or Man United – but he's been out for a long, long time, there was a question mark before the game [against Southampton], 'How do you feel?' But he felt ready for it, which was great, so now let's see how he is.

    "He's been fantastic since the restart and brought a lot to the team. There were one or two question marks before the Southampton game about who was going to play but we made the decision that we did."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.