Rumour Has It: Ancelotti to block Man Utd's Richarlison bid

By Sports Desk December 28, 2019

Manchester United may be eyeing Everton forward Richarlison, but Carlo Ancelotti has other ideas.

Brazil international Richarlison, 22, is reportedly among numerous attackers being targeted by United.

However, the arrival of Ancelotti at Goodison Park could mean Richarlison is going nowhere.

 

TOP STORY – ANCELOTTI TO BLOCK MAN UTD'S RICHARLISON BID

Ancelotti will block any Manchester United bid for Richarlison, according to The Sun.

The report says Everton would even reject a £70million bid for the forward, who signed a five-year deal earlier this month.

Richarlison has scored six Premier League goals this season, having netted 13 in 2018-19.

ROUND-UP

- Staying at Everton and Ancelotti would seriously consider a move for Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne, according to Le 10 Sport. Ancelotti and Insigne worked together in Naples before the former was sacked earlier this month.

- Paris Saint-Germain are interested in Juventus full-back Mattia De Sciglio, according to CalcioMercato. Emre Can has been linked with a move to PSG and Leandro Paredes to Juve, with De Sciglio potentially being included in those talks.

- Inter are moving quickly for Arturo Vidal. Sport reports the Serie A club have offered €12m for the midfielder, although Barcelona want €20m, amid reports Vidal has agreed to terms with Inter ahead of a possible move in January.

- Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz is a wanted man. The Spain international is a key target for Real Madrid for the 2020-21 season, according to AS, which says Fabian wants a move to the Santiago Bernabeu despite interest from the likes of Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Manchester City.

- Mikel Arteta is not ready to let Granit Xhaka leave. Amid reports the midfielder has told Arsenal he wants to join Hertha Berlin in January, The Sun suggests Arteta is in no rush to sell Xhaka as he assesses his squad.

- After links to numerous coaches, it seems Inter Miami have found their man. ESPN reports the MLS club – which will make their debut next year – have reached an agreement with former Monterrey and Pachuca coach Diego Alonso.

Related items

  • Lampard laments Chelsea's missed chances Lampard laments Chelsea's missed chances

    Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard lamented his side's failure to take their chances after a 2-0 loss to Manchester United on Monday.

    Goals from Anthony Martial and Harry Maguire saw Chelsea's winless run in the Premier League extend to four games.

    Chelsea hold just a one-point advantage in fourth, ahead of Tottenham, while seventh-placed United are within three.

    Lampard wants to see his team capitalise on their opportunities, with their tally of 43 Premier League goals well below the top three of Liverpool (61), Manchester City (65) and Leicester City (54).

    "I don't like losing games," he told a news conference.

    "I don't like the way we are losing games because we're losing games that clearly, particularly at home, where we have had big share of possession, big chances in the game, lots of shots on goal, at goal, around goal and we're not finishing them and it is a reality that is getting clearer all the time.

    "We are not getting enough goals from striker areas. Tammy [Abraham] had his period earlier in the season, now we are not getting enough. We're not getting enough goals from wide areas. That is a fact.

    "It is hard to win games. You can dominate them as much as you want, but this Premier League not many teams can keep clean sheets week in, week out.

    "You have to score goals to give you a feeling of superiority in the game and we start a lot of games very well. I can hardly ever really look at the team and go 'started slow, bit sloppy today'. There was a couple of games but not that many."

    While Abraham has scored 13 Premier League goals this season, he has just one in 2020, while Christian Pulisic – who alongside Mason Mount has five – is out injured.

    Lampard added: "We start pretty well but if you don't score you leave teams in the game.

    "Obviously we made a couple of silly moments in terms of allowing them headers in our box, particularly the set-piece that obviously changed the result."

    Chelsea are next in action with a crucial clash at home to Tottenham on Saturday.

  • Fernandes' set-pieces among best I've seen – Solskjaer Fernandes' set-pieces among best I've seen – Solskjaer

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Bruno Fernandes' performance against Chelsea and said the Manchester United midfielder's set-pieces were "top class".

    Fernandes' superb corner was headed in by Harry Maguire in the second half of United's 2-0 Premier League win over Chelsea on Monday.

    Solskjaer was delighted with the midfielder, who arrived at United for a reported £47million in January, and hailed his set-piece ability.

    "He's a top player, he wants to get on the ball," the United manager told a news conference.

    "But at set-ball delivery he's top class, one of the better ones I've seen. And Harry, we know if he can get a run on the ball he's dangerous and he got the goal."

    The win, set up by Anthony Martial's first-half header, moved United into seventh and within three points of fourth-placed Chelsea.

    But Solskjaer still wants to see more from his team, who visit Club Brugge in the first leg of their Europa League last-32 tie on Thursday.

    "Of course we want to be in the Champions League next year, and we've given ourselves a chance by this result, but we know that we need to improve," he said.

    "On creating chances, scoring goals. We showed a clean sheet again today, a foundation to build from.

    "We're going to work hard, recover now because we've got a game on Thursday. So thanks for the help, all the recovery we get in Europe."

  • Pioli claims Milan are 'forming an identity' Pioli claims Milan are 'forming an identity'

    Milan head coach Stefano Pioli claimed his players have started to embrace his football philosophy but was coy on their hopes of securing a Champions League place.

    The Rossoneri moved up to eighth place in Serie A after a 1-0 win over Torino on Monday thanks to Croatia forward Ante Rebic's first-half strike.

    It ensured Milan went unbeaten in nine home games in a row in all competitions for the first time since January 2017.

    Pioli, 54, has regularly faced scrutiny over his position during a testing season, having replaced Marco Giampaolo in October last year.

    "I am happy with both the result and the performance, we are forming an identity and a way of being on the pitch," Pioli said in his post-match news conference.

    "And we still have 14 games to go up the table. We are always under scrutiny, but it is normal and also beautiful in certain respects. 

    "You can't think about the future now, there is still so much to do, the future will be decided at the end of the season.

    "I had asked for an important effort. We also suffered because of us because we could immediately end the game in the second half.

    "I am satisfied with the team's recent performances, but it can be improved in the final phase of matches."

    Pioli, however, played down his side's chances of making a sustained end-of-season surge to finish in Serie A's top four.

    Milan are still 10 points behind Atalanta, who occupy the fourth Champions League spot after 24 matches of the season, with Pioli keen to keep expectation levels grounded.

    "Can we dream of the Champions League? There is only room to prepare well for the next game in five days," Pioli added.

    "It is a difficult match against a strong Fiorentina, then we will think about the league table from Saturday evening.

    "Winning, gritting one's teeth and fighting is positive. We could certainly have finished the game earlier.

    "Zlatan Ibrahimovic came out angry because he wanted to end the game, instead we missed some chances in transition and we had to suffer to the end."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.