I'm coming back - Ibrahimovic hints at Spain return in Instagram post

By Sports Desk October 29, 2019

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has announced he is "coming back" to Spain in what could be a hint over his next career move.

The 38-year-old's contract with LA Galaxy expires in December and he has previously talked up a possible return to Europe.

A move to Italy seemed most likely, with a host of Serie A clubs - including Napoli - believed to have showed an interest.

However, the former Barcelona striker posted a short clip on Instagram on Tuesday that may point to a future move to a LaLiga club.

"Hola Espana, guess what? I am coming back," he said.

Ibrahimovic, also touted as a target for South American teams Boca Juniors and Flamengo, spent one season in the Spanish top flight with Barcelona in 2009-2010.

The former Sweden international was on Monday named in the MLS Best XI for 2019 after scoring 30 goals and assisting seven more in 29 regular-season matches.

Despite his prolific form in front of goal, LA Galaxy were eliminated from the MLS play-offs by Los Angeles FC last week.

As well as Barcelona, Ibrahimovic's former clubs include Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Inter, AC Milan, Ajax and Juventus.

Related items

  • Coronavirus: Nashville follow Dallas in exiting MLS is Back after positive tests Coronavirus: Nashville follow Dallas in exiting MLS is Back after positive tests

    Nashville SC have become the second club to be withdrawn from the MLS is Back Tournament after nine positive tests for coronavirus following their arrival in Orlando, Florida.

    Nashville - playing their first season in MLS - had been unable to train ahead of their scheduled opener against Chicago Fire at ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex.

    MLS made the decision to remove the team "in the best interest of the health of all players and staff participating in the tournament", according to a statement.

    Nashville CEO Ian Ayre, formerly of Liverpool, said: "In what has been a challenging year, and in an uncharted environment created by the tornado that devastated our city and COVID-19, this is another big disappointing outcome for Nashville SC and its supporters."

    FC Dallas have already been taken out of the tournament due to positive COVID-19 tests for 10 players and one coach, while other stars - including reigning MVP Carlos Vela - have opted against travelling to Florida.

    The tournament, which will form part of a 2020 regular season that was suspended in March due to the pandemic, is going ahead despite the continued rise of confirmed cases in the United States, with the national tally surpassing three million.

    MLS announced Chicago have been moved from Group A to Group B following Nashville's withdrawal and will face Seattle Sounders, San Jose Earthquakes and Vancouver Whitecaps.

    Orlando City lead Group A after beating state rivals Inter Miami 2-1 in the tournament's first match on Wednesday, while Philadelphia Union picked up three points against New York City on Thursday.

  • New York City 0-1 Philadelphia Union: Bedoya secures victory on MLS return New York City 0-1 Philadelphia Union: Bedoya secures victory on MLS return

    Alejandro Bedoya gave Philadelphia Union a 1-0 victory over New York City in their MLS is Back Tournament opener on Thursday.

    The Union players had the names of black victims of police brutality on their shirts instead of their own, and captain Bedoya earned the team three points in the Group A clash.

    The outcome left City without a win in three games overall this season, including two MLS games played in March, making it their worst start to a campaign.

    The match kicked off at 09:00 local time (13:00 GMT) at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida to avoid the afternoon heat and potential thunderstorms.

    After a dull first half without any dangerous openings, former United States international Bedoya got the better of Sean Johnson from the right side of the box in the 63rd minute after City failed to clear his initial cross.

    Union's Kacper Przybylko had a goal correctly ruled out for offside four minutes later as the game finally came to life.

    Andre Blake produced a fine save to prevent City striker Heber's effort from eight yards finding the bottom-right corner, before racing off his line to deny Gary Mackay-Steven when one-on-one in stoppage time.

    City's wait for a first goal of 2020 consequently continued, while the Union secured their first clean sheet after conceding five across their two fixtures before the season's suspension in March amid the coronavirus pandemic.

  • Real Madrid's Vinicius misses training after COVID-19 test Real Madrid's Vinicius misses training after COVID-19 test

    Vinicius Junior must repeat a COVID-19 test after an apparently anomalous result, Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has revealed.

    Zidane was speaking ahead of his team's LaLiga match against Deportivo Alaves on Friday, where Vinicius' participation is now in doubt after a test "went badly".

    The 19-year-old sat out training on Thursday and must wait to find out if he will be available to face Alaves.

    "The doctors informed me that the test went badly and that we need to repeat it," said Zidane, who will be without Luka Jovic after the forward was forced to self-isolate due to coming into contact with a friend who contracted COVID-19.

    When he was asked to clarify whether "badly" might mean Vinicius had tested positive for coronavirus, he replied: "Sometimes there are errors. That can happen.

    "Whenever something like that happens, the player can't train. I hope it's nothing and that he can be with us for Friday's game.

    "We'll have his results this afternoon."

    Even if Vinicius is forced to sit out, Eden Hazard will be available as Madrid seek a victory that would give them a four-point advantage over Barcelona with three games remaining.

    The Belgium playmaker was absent from the back-to-back 1-0 wins over Getafe and Athletic Bilbao and has had his debut season in the Spanish capital ruined by a broken foot.

    "It is not a relapse and he has trained with us normally," Zidane said.

    "I hope he will be with us in the four remaining games and then in the Champions League.

    "He wants to be with us and he is not afraid, but it is the third relapse and it bothers him a little.

    "There are people here who know much more than me and the image [X-ray] comes out clean, it is perfect, but the discomfort is normal after a game or strong training.

    "He is not afraid and wants to help the team and tomorrow he will be with us "

    Marcelo faces a scan on an unspecified complaint, but Raphael Varane is set to return at centre-back after recovering from concussion.

    "We haven't won anything," Zidane said, when confronted with his team's strong position heading into the final stretch.

    "Four games are remaining and tomorrow is another final.

    "I am sorry to repeat myself, but there is no other choice. What we want is to continue with what we are doing."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.