EPL

Aguero unhurt in minor car crash en route to Manchester City training

By Sports Desk October 16, 2019

Sergio Aguero was unhurt after being involved in a minor car crash on his way to Manchester City training on Wednesday, Omnisport understands.

Aguero, 31, did not need medical attention and was able to train as normal ahead of facing Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Saturday.

He posted a photo on his Instagram account showing the damage sustained to his Range Rover in the incident.

The Argentinian striker's image shows the driver's side front wheel almost horizontal, while the wheel arch and front bumper sustained significant damage.

Aguero accompanied the image with a caption reading: "What a great morning".

Aguero was not involved for Argentina in the international break but has scored eight Premier League goals so far this season, matching Tammy Abraham for the most in the division.

Related items

  • Montreal Impact 0-1 New England Revolution: Henry's men fall in their MLS is Back Tournament opener Montreal Impact 0-1 New England Revolution: Henry's men fall in their MLS is Back Tournament opener

    Montreal Impact made a losing start to their MLS is Back Tournament season, beaten 1-0 by New England Revolution in Orlando.

    Both teams were kicking off their Group C campaigns at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida on Thursday after the MLS season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic in March.

    And Thierry Henry's Impact succumbed to Gustavo Bou's thunderous half-volley approaching the hour mark as the Revolution overcame their wastefulness in the final third.

    Arsenal legend and former Monaco head coach Henry took a knee at kick-off, holding his stance until the 8:46 mark of the first half in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.

    The time represents the eight minutes, 46 seconds a Minneapolis police officer knelt on George Flody's neck before the African-American man died in May.

    New England outshot Montreal 19-7 – Bou's 56th-minute effort the Revolution's only reward against the Impact.

    The Impact, though, did come close to equalising in the sixth minute of stoppage time but Matt Turney produced a fine save to deny Ballou Tabla.

    Meanwhile, Philadelphia Union edged New York City 1-0 in the Group A fixture earlier on Thursday.

  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic: If this is the situation, I won't stay at Milan Zlatan Ibrahimovic: If this is the situation, I won't stay at Milan

    Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubts he will remain at Milan if the situation does not change, while insisting neither he nor the Serie A club belong in the Europa League.

    Ibrahimovic returned to Milan – where he previously won the Scudetto in 2011 – as a free agent in January after leaving MLS side LA Galaxy but there are doubts over his future beyond 2019-20.

    The 38-year-old striker has scored six goals since his Milan comeback, rejuvenating the team and helping the Rossoneri – seven-time Champions League winners – move into Europa League contention.

    Milan are seventh and just two points adrift of Roma and Coppa Italia champions Napoli through 31 league games after stunning leaders Juventus 4-2 on Tuesday.

    Despite Milan's resurgence, head coach Stefano Pioli is set to be replaced by German Ralf Rangnick, who has been tipped to combine the role with that of sporting director, which is currently occupied by club legend Paolo Maldini.

    Amid the uncertainty and chief executive Ivan Gazidis' reported plans to bring in Rangnick, former Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona star Ibrahimovic issued a warning.

    "Ibra plays to win something or he stays at home," Ibrahimovic told La Gazzetta dello Sport's Sportweek magazine in an interview set to be released on Saturday.

    "They told me that retiring in America was too easy, so I came back to Milan. I am here purely for passion, because I'm basically playing for free… Then this COVID situation stopped everything and I thought, maybe there’s something trying to tell me that I should retire…

    "Fortunately, we got back on the pitch. My calf managed to get involved too, but after two days I was ready to come back into the team. Ibra is like that. But they told me to take it slow."

    Ibrahimovic added: "Ibra was born to play football and is still the best at playing football. We'll see how I feel in two months. We'll also see what's happening with the club. If this is the situation, to be honest, it's unlikely you'll see me at Milan next season.

    "Ibra is not a player for the Europa League and Milan are not a club who belong in the Europa League."

    Quizzed on a reported confrontation with Gazidis prior to the Coppa Italia semi-final, Ibrahimovic said: "I spoke for me and for the team. I needed to have some explanations on the future, both mine and of Milan. I said that this is not the Grande Milan I once experienced, that is true, but we must do the best we can even in this situation. All the way to the end.

    "Ibra is here, Ibra takes care of it. I have to be here or you'll lose the fans. I don't know if there will be another club after Milan, I never like to close doors to opportunities. I will only go somewhere I have some control, not where words are worth nothing. I still have too much passion for what I do."

    Pioli only replaced Marco Giampaolo in October and while he has overseen an upturn in results, former RB Leipzig boss Rangnick has reportedly agreed to take over in 2020-21.

    "Who is Rangnick? I don't even know who he is," Ibrahimovic added.

  • Conte backs Inter players despite Verona draw Conte backs Inter players despite Verona draw

    Inter boss Antonio Conte refused to blame his players after they threw away a lead to draw 2-2 at Hellas Verona on Thursday.

    The Nerazzurri had been leading going into the final five minutes at Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi but Miguel Veloso showed wonderful composure to seal a point for the hosts.

    Inter had forged ahead early in the second half thanks to an Antonio Candreva strike and own goal from Federico Dimarco after Darko Lazovic had given Verona a second-minute lead.

    It is the second time in five days Inter have thrown away a lead following their 2-1 defeat to Bologna on Sunday but Conte would not be drawn into criticising his side.

    "In terms of effort, hunger and determination, I have no complaints," he told Sky Sport Italia. "Let's not forget, we played against a Verona side that keeps a high tempo and makes that its greatest strength. I think Inter replied blow for blow.

    "There is the usual regret that we conceded a goal five minutes from time on a throw-in. These are situations that are disappointing because you drop points along the way and they add up. We deserved to win the game.

    "Verona barely had a shot on goal in the second half. We conceded through a throw-in and ball across to a player on the edge of the box.

    "I don't want to say too much as people love to claim I always criticise, criticise, criticise. I don't; I just want to help everyone improve and move forward."

    Inter have now dropped a whopping 20 points from leading positions in Serie A this season, with Conte well aware it is an issue that needs resolving swiftly.

    "We're doing important work and I focus on that," he added. "I think you can see the results of the work we're doing. The fact we lost 20 points should push us to reflect and continue improving.

    "We're well aware that we dropped points in a stupid fashion throughout the season, otherwise we'd be talking about a very different campaign."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.