EPL

It's all talk - Rice dismisses Man United links

By Sports Desk October 13, 2019

Declan Rice has dismissed speculation he could leave West Ham for Manchester United as "all talk".

Rice has broken into the England team on the back of his mature Premier League performances at London Stadium.

West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini said in March the club could be forced to cash in on the 20-year-old if the price was right.

United, struggling in the league's bottom half, are reportedly ready to make a £70million offer for Rice when the January transfer window opens.

But the midfielder is unconcerned about rumours over his future, having committed to the Hammers by agreeing a long-term deal.

"I signed a five-year contract with West Ham last year, which will keep me at the club till I'm 24," Rice told the Daily Mail.

"And for me this is the best place to be right now. I am playing for a manager who has given me my chance and played me week in, week out.

"It's all talk until something happens – and nothing has – so I'm just focused on West Ham, doing my best and making the fans happy."

Related items

  • Koulibaly at home with Napoli amid Man United links Koulibaly at home with Napoli amid Man United links

    Kalidou Koulibaly reaffirmed his affection for Napoli amid ongoing links to Premier League giants Manchester United.

    United continue to be linked with a move for highly rated Napoli defender Koulibaly, despite the world-record signing of Harry Maguire at the start of the season.

    The Red Devils are reportedly keen to bolster their backline, which has been problematic in recent seasons, even after the arrivals of Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly.

    However, star centre-back and Senegal international Koulibaly said he is happy in Naples.

    "This is where my children were born," Koulibaly wrote via Twitter. "This is where I grew up as a man and a player.

    "This is where my family and I feel at home #Napoli."

    Koulibaly has established himself as one of the world's best defenders since swapping Genk for Napoli in 2014.

    The 28-year-old has made 10 Serie A appearances this season and 14 across all competitions for Carlo Ancelotti's Napoli.

  • Messi in talks with Barcelona over new contract, confirms Abidal Messi in talks with Barcelona over new contract, confirms Abidal

    Lionel Messi is in talks with Barcelona over a new contract, the Spanish club's sporting director Eric Abidal has confirmed.

    The Argentina international has spent 18 years with Barca but his future has been called into question after it emerged earlier this year he can leave Camp Nou for free at the end of any season.

    Five-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi is officially contracted to the LaLiga champions until 2021, but Abidal is hopeful fresh terms can soon be agreed.

    "They are already talking," he told Mundo Deportivo. "I do not know if we will have news soon because the decision will depend on the player, but for us as a club I hope it is sorted as soon as possible."

    Asked when he expects an agreement to be announced, Abidal said: "It will be known when it is known, but I am positive."

    Abidal also confirmed academy product Ansu Fati is in line for a contract extension, having impressed in his breakthrough campaign.

    "We are also talking to him," Abidal said. "He is a young player that we have to protect. We have to talk to his family and representatives."

  • 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino

    Sadio Mane is enjoying the "easy" life with title hopefuls Liverpool because of the quality possessed by Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

    The Senegal star is Liverpool's leading Premier League scorer this season with seven goals and he has so far edged out his fellow Reds forwards in overall performance.

    Statistics from Opta show Mane has played 21 key passes, compared to 14 from both Salah and Firmino, and his accuracy in finding team-mates across the whole pitch is also superior.

    He has also won a greater number of tackles - Mane with 14, Firmino seven and Salah three - and made more interceptions (9-1-1).

    But Mane says he is coping with the workload for the title front-runners thanks to considerable effort from Brazilian Firmino and Egyptian Salah.

    "I always say it is very easy to work together," Mane told the official Liverpool FC magazine. "Personally, I just think myself very lucky to play alongside these great players.

    "Every single player who plays alongside them would enjoy it because they are very good players and they make everything easy, so I just enjoy playing alongside them."

    Mane believes the global language of football allows for fluency between Jurgen Klopp's prolific attackers.

    "We are all from different countries and speak different first languages but I think football is one language and it is universal so everybody can speak it. It is the same with Mo, Bobby and myself," he added.

    Liverpool face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park next Saturday in their next Premier League assignment, before taking on Napoli in the Champions League on the following Wednesday.

    The club have announced the death of a player who captained Liverpool in the old Second Division in the 1958-59 season.

    Johnny Wheeler died at the age of 91, Liverpool said. The midfielder made 177 appearances for the club and also played for Tranmere and Bolton, winning one England cap.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.