Inter's Serie A 2019-20 fixtures in full

By Sports Desk July 29, 2019

Antonio Conte is back in Italian football and is charged with restoring the glory days to Inter after several years of underachieving.

The former Italy, Juventus and Chelsea coach represents a significant coup for Inter, who ditched Luciano Spalletti at the end of last season.

Inter only just scraped a Champions League spot on the final day of the previous campaign and are now nine years on from their most recent Serie A success.

The squad has been bolstered by some new arrivals, with Nicolo Barella, Stefano Sensi, Valentino Lazaro and Diego Godin among those to join, while Matteo Politano's purchase option was triggered and George Puscas returned from loan in the hope of having a squad role.

Despite the investment – and aside from the potential purchase of Manchester United's Romelu Lukaku – it is clear Conte has plenty of work to do.

They will be desperate to hit the ground running, but their opening seven fixtures offer plenty of challenges. All dates and times could be subject to changes for live broadcast and European commitments.

Inter's 2019-20 Serie A fixtures in full:  

August 25: Inter v Lecce
September 1: Cagliari v Inter
September 15: Inter v Udinese
September 22: Milan v Inter
September 25: Inter v Lazio
September 29: Sampdoria v Inter
October 6: Inter v Juventus
October 20: Sassuolo v Inter
October 27: Inter v Parma
October 30: Brescia v Inter
November 3: Bologna v Inter
November 10: Inter v Hellas Verona
November 24: Torino v Inter
December 1: Inter v SPAL
December 8: Inter v Roma
December 15: Fiorentina v Inter
December 22: Inter v Genoa
January 5: Napoli v Inter
January 12: Inter v Atalanta
January 19: Lecce v Inter
January 26: Inter v Cagliari
February 2: Udinese v Inter
February 9: Inter v Milan
February 16: Lazio v Inter
February 23: Inter v Sampdoria
March 1: Juventus v Inter
March 8: Inter v Sassuolo
March 15: Parma v Inter
March 22: Inter v Brescia
April 5: Inter v Bologna
April 11: Hellas Verona v Inter
April 19: Inter v Torino
April 22: SPAL v Inter
April 26: Roma v Inter
May 3: Inter v Fiorentina
May 10: Genoa v Inter
May 17: Inter v Napoli
May 24: Atalanta v Inter

Related items

  • Juventus striker Mandzukic agrees to stay out of training Juventus striker Mandzukic agrees to stay out of training

    Mario Mandzukic's days at Juventus look to be numbered after Maurizio Sarri confirmed the forward will not take part in training unless his transfer situation changes.

    Mandzukic, 33, has not played a single competitive minute since Sarri took charge at Allianz Stadium and was left off Juve's 22-man list for the Champions League.

    AC Milan are rumoured to have joined Manchester United in the race for the Bianconeri outcast, who reportedly held talks with Qatari side Al Rayyan last month

    Mandzukic is said to want to explore his options and an understanding has been reached for him to refrain from training, a move that reduces chances of injury ahead of a potential transfer.

    However, Sarri did not entirely rule out the possibility of the Croatian returning to the fold.

    "Mandzukic is not training with us, in agreement with the club," the Juve head coach told a news conference on Friday. "If the agreement changes, I am open to everything."

    While the former Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid attacker is out of the frame for now, Sarri will regain defender Danilo for Saturday's home game against Bologna.

    The full-back has recovered from a thigh injury and is set to join the Aaron Ramsey in the matchday squad, the midfielder having overcome the minor muscle problem that kept him out of Wales duty.

    Juve head into the weekend as Serie A leaders thanks to their 2-1 win over title rivals Inter before the international break.

    The victory was seen as a vindication of the new playing style Sarri has brought to the club but he is hesitant to place too much emphasis on a single result.

    "I've been living with scepticism for years, so it doesn't affect me," the ex-Chelsea boss said.

    "The rankings in the table right now are not important. We have to concentrate on finding the right continuity in terms of performance.

    "That game against Inter was important but it has passed, so we need to focus only on the next one.

    "It's always difficult starting again after the international break. It's not easy for the players and there are a lot of risks."

  • Rumour Has It: Pogba meets with Zidane as Man United eye Cavani Rumour Has It: Pogba meets with Zidane as Man United eye Cavani

    The transfer window may be shut, but Paul Pogba's future is still making headlines.

    Pogba – who is set to miss the Premier League showdown against Liverpool due to injury – reportedly eyed a Manchester United exit and a move to Real Madrid.

    A switch to the Santiago Bernabeu could be on the horizon after Pogba was snapped with Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane in the United Arab Emirates.

     

    TOP STORY – POGBA MEETS ZIDANE IN DUBAI

    Pogba has been linked with a fresh move to Madrid after the United star was pictured with Zidane, reports The Mirror.

    Pogba wanted to leave United during the previous window, with LaLiga giants Madrid and former club Juventus the two favourites to sign the Frenchman, but a move did not materialise.

    However, Pogba – recovering from a foot injury – was seen with Madrid head coach Zidane during his trip to Dubai, fuelling fresh speculation over his future at Old Trafford.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - According to 90min, United are monitoring Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani. The 32-year-old Uruguay international is out of contract at this season's end and has been linked to Juve, Atletico Madrid and Inter Miami.

    - Inter are chasing Brescia sensation Sandro Tonali and Atalanta's Dejan Kulusevski, says Calciomercato. Both players are 19 years of age and attracting interest in Serie A.

    - Calciomercato also reports Tottenham are ready to send Christian Eriksen to Juventus in exchange for Adrien Rabiot. Eriksen's contract expires at the end of the season and has been linked to the likes of Madrid and United, while Rabiot only moved to Turin from PSG at the end of 2018-19.

    - Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, United, Spurs and Inter have been credited with interest in Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria, according to Bild.

    - Manchester City have emerged as favourites to sign Hearts teenager Aaron Hickey, claims the Daily Star.

  • De Laurentiis: I'll have to sell Koulibaly one day De Laurentiis: I'll have to sell Koulibaly one day

    Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis admitted there will be a time when he will have to sell star defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

    Koulibaly has established himself as one of the best and most in-demand defenders in the world since joining Napoli from Genk in 2014.

    The 28-year-old Senegal international was heavily linked to Manchester United before the Premier League giants signed Harry Maguire in a world-record transfer prior to the transfer window closing.

    Koulibaly continues to be linked to United and when asked about Napoli's centre-back, De Laurentiis told Sky Sport Italia: "I loved Koulibaly the man so I refused €105million, but a time will come when I'll have to sell him. Whoever says we didn't improve our defence is wrong."

    Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz is also attracting plenty of interest amid links to LaLiga pair Barcelona and Real Madrid.

    Fabian swapped Real Betis for Napoli in a €30m deal in 2018-19 and the Spaniard has starred in Serie A.

    "Fabian's always been a top player," De Laurentiis said. "If I convince myself to pay a stranger €30m, I do it for a reason and now I know why.

    "It's one thing to play for your country and another to do it for a team who play every three days. We found Fabian, but we'll find more like him. The door's always open. I don't get attached to players."

    The futures of Dries Mertens and Jose Callejon are also uncertain, with the Napoli duo linked with moves to the Chinese Super League.

    "I'm absolutely not prepared to make a major effort for them," De Laurentiis added. "Each player has a value, depending on where they play, how they play, how old they are and what they do.

    "If they want to sell themselves out in China, overpaid to live a life of s*** for two or three years, it's their problem. I can't consider China to be competitive. China's far away. If they consider it to be close, it's their problem.

    "In life, you have to choose whether to be happy and find a job you enjoy doing or work just for money. For me, money is a means and not an end; if it's an end for them then they should go to China."

    De Laurentiis also said Napoli captain Lorenzo Insigne must "change his attitude" as he threw his support behind head coach Carlo Ancelotti.

    Amid reports of a tense relationship between Insigne and Ancelotti, De Laurentiis added: "I didn't fight with Ancelotti, he can stay here for another 10 years. In cinema, my relationships, like my one with [director Carlo] Verdone, last a long time.

    "Insigne's an excellent sportsman, but he must stay calm, change his attitude and lay off certain things. He's always had an attitude of discomfort in Naples. I understand him, I protect him and I like him a lot, but he's always found his situation in Naples to be uncomfortable. Therefore, I just want to say that he needs to calm down and become a more peaceful person, but that's his problem. Neither [agent Mino] Raiola nor Ancelotti can resolve that.

    "He's a great player and he can be in good form or bad form. If he's less so, it's up to the coach not to play him. Insigne can't come out cracking jokes or with an 'almost' defiant attitude. The coach is a family man, 60 years old, and won't tell you to get lost because he's three times your age."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.