EPL

Wilson commits to Bournemouth with new deal to 2023

By Sports Desk July 12, 2019

Callum Wilson has signed a new four-year contract to end speculation he could leave Bournemouth.

England striker Wilson had been linked with Chelsea and West Ham, but has now committed his future to the Cherries through to 2023.

And Wilson, who has scored 58 goals in 148 appearances since joining from Coventry City in 2014, feels there is more to come.

"We've improved in all areas since I initially joined the club but there's still a long way to go," Wilson told Bournemouth's club website.

"While Bournemouth may be known as a smaller club, we've got some really big ambitions here. Everyone is pulling in the same direction towards those targets and goals.

"I feel like as an individual, my game is constantly improving here at the club. I want to continue that progress and reach even higher targets. I'm really excited about what the future holds."

Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake has also been linked with a move away, but chief executive Neill Blake is determined to retain Bournemouth's stars.

"Throughout his time at the club Callum has demonstrated incredible determination to succeed at the highest level - even in the face of adversity in the form of two season-ending injuries," Blake added.

"He has proved himself as a Premier League striker and is now beginning to establish himself at international level, and this contract is just reward for that.

"We have no desire to lose our best players and this is further evidence of the board's commitment to keep Bournemouth progressing year on year."

Related items

  • Paris Saint-Germain bring in Diallo from Borussia Dortmund Paris Saint-Germain bring in Diallo from Borussia Dortmund

    Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of defender Abdou Diallo from Borussia Dortmund for a reported €32million fee.

    Diallo signed for Dortmund from fellow Bundesliga side Mainz in June 2018 and had an impressive season at Signal Iduna Park, making 28 league appearances.

    But with Mats Hummels returning to Dortmund from Bayern Munich, Diallo has been allowed to depart, with Thomas Tuchel going back to his former club to bring in the 23-year-old.

    The Frenchman, who came through the academy at Monaco and can play at both centre-back and full-back, has penned a five-year contract at Parc des Princes.

    "It is a great honour to be involved with such a prestigious club as Paris Saint-Germain," Diallo said.

    "I have always said that the Parisian project was very attractive. Joining the capital club is another important step in my career.

    "I am committed to giving my all for my new club and look forward to bringing my qualities and desire to this team renowned for its high quality and high ambitions."

  • BREAKING NEWS: Paris Saint-Germain bring in Diallo from Borussia Dortmund BREAKING NEWS: Paris Saint-Germain bring in Diallo from Borussia Dortmund

    Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of defender Abdou Diallo from Borussia Dortmund for a reported €32million fee.

    Diallo signed for Dortmund from fellow Bundesliga side Mainz in June 2018 and had an impressive season at Signal Iduna Park, making 28 league appearances.

    But with Mats Hummels returning to Dortmund, Diallo has been allowed to depart, with Thomas Tuchel going back to his former club to bring in the 23-year-old.

    The Frenchman, who can play at both centre-back and full-back, has penned a five-year contract at Parc des Princes.

    "It is a great honour to be involved with such a prestigious club as Paris Saint-Germain," Diallo said.

    "I have always said that the Parisian project was very attractive. Joining the capital club is another important step in my career.

    "I am committed to giving my all for my new club and look forward to bringing my qualities and desire to this team renowned for its high quality and high ambitions."

  • Barcelona buy back Cucurella for €4m Barcelona buy back Cucurella for €4m

    Barcelona have signed Marc Cucurella from Eibar for €4million just two months after the 20-year-old joined Eibar on a permanent deal.

    Cucurella impressed on loan at Ipurua last season, scoring in the 2-2 LaLiga draw with Barca on May 19.

    Eibar took up the option to sign him for €2m but Barca inserted a €4m buy-back clause in that deal, which they have now activated.

    It remains to be seen whether Cucurella will stay at Camp Nou for 2019-20 or be sold on to raise funds.

    Sevilla and Real Betis had been linked with an interest in the player, who can operate both at full-back and as a winger.

    Bundesliga clubs Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Monchengladbach are also rumoured to have been monitoring the Spain youth international.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.