CPL

Pollard, Bravo brothers, Narine among 10 Carib players retained by Trinbago Knight Riders

By May 05, 2020
Pollard, Bravo brothers, Narine among 10 Carib players retained by Trinbago Knight Riders CPL T20 Ltd

Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine and Darren Bravo are among 10 players retained by the Trinbago Knight Riders for the 2020 CPL season.

Also, among the players retained are Khary Pierre, emerging players Jayden Seales and Amir Jangoo, Tion Webster and Akeal Hosein.

International retentions and signings will be announced later, the franchise said Tuesday. This year teams can retain as many players from their 2019 squads as they wish. They could also transfer players to other teams and sign emerging players.

“Over the last five years, TKR has built the franchise by consciously bringing back players from Trinidad & Tobago and also developing local talent. We are delighted that all ten of our Caribbean players in the TKR squad for 2020 are from Trinidad & Tobago,” said Venky Mysore, Director of TKR.

The CPL is scheduled to take place between August 19 and September 26 but the tournament organizers are currently watching the current situation with COVID-19 closely and are liaising with medical advisors and governments.

 A decision on whether the tournament can proceed as planned, or at a different time, will be made as soon as possible.

Leighton Levy

Leighton Levy is a journalist with 28 years’ experience covering crime, entertainment, and sports. He joined the staff at SportsMax.TV as a content editor two years ago and is enjoying the experience of developing sports content and new ideas. At SportsMax.tv he is pursuing his true passion - sports.

Related items

  • TTFA files termination order on appeal of FIFA-imposed suspension TTFA files termination order on appeal of FIFA-imposed suspension

    Attorneys representing the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association today filed a termination order before the Court of Arbitration for Sport effectively ending their appeal of the suspension imposed on the association by FIFA last month.

    The termination order is in keeping with the resolutions arrived at on Sunday by the delegates of the association who voted en masse to end their seven-month dispute with the world governing body over a March 18 decision to appoint a normalization committee to manage the affairs of the debt-ridden association until the next Annual General Meeting scheduled for some time within the next three years.

    The delegates also voted to end all legal action against FIFA, which resulted in the termination order being filed today.

    The TTFA is hoping their actions along with others will see FIFA lifting their suspension before December 18. This will allow Trinidad and Tobago to participate in the draw for the 2020 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

    The TTFA was represented by Dr Emir Crowne, Mr Matthew Gayle, Ms Crystal Paul and Mr Jason Jones.

     

  • De Villiers to skip Big Bash League but open to Brisbane return De Villiers to skip Big Bash League but open to Brisbane return

    AB de Villiers has decided to skip the upcoming Big Bash League campaign with Brisbane Heat due to family and COVID-19 related issues.

    Uncertainty around international travel restrictions as De Villiers and his wife prepare for the birth of their third child played a significant role in the former South Africa batsman pulling out.

    The 36-year-old scored 146 runs in six appearances in the 2019-20 BBL – the first time he had participated in the competition – as the Heat failed to qualify for the finals for the third time in succession.

    De Villiers, who is currently participating in the Indian Premier League, hopes to get another chance to play for Brisbane as he feels there is "unfinished business".

    "We're expecting our latest child very soon and with a young, growing family and the uncertainty around travel conditions due to COVID-19, we reluctantly decided it wasn't going to be this season," De Villiers said.

    "The Heat were great to us last season and I am very open to returning to the club in future. The team didn't get the results we were hoping for and I consider there is some unfinished business to deal with."

    Heat head coach Darren Lehmann added: "We've been in regular contact with AB since last season and while things initially looked fine for him to come back, there have been a few factors emerge which have changed everyone's plans.

    "The main one, aside from the challenges represented by COVID-19 and international travel, is that AB and his wife Danielle are expecting their third child very soon.

    "Naturally we're very pleased for them and know that the next few months will be a very special time for all."

    There was some positive news for the Heat on Tuesday, however, as they announced the return of spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman, the world number two T20I bowler, for the 2020-21 BBL.

    The Big Bash League is due to start on December 3 with a clash between Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Renegades.

  • Andre Russell pulls out of Lankan Premier League, did not request NOC from CWI Andre Russell pulls out of Lankan Premier League, did not request NOC from CWI

    On the heels of news that Andre Russell has withdrawn from the 2020 Lankan Premier League it has emerged that the all-rounder did not request a No Objection Certificate from Cricket West Indies that would allow him to play in the Sri Lankan T20 league.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.