England quick Olly Stone will miss the rest of the 2019 season with injury, his county Warwickshire have confirmed.

Stone, who made his Test debut against Ireland last month, was ruled out of the second Ashes match against Australia at Lord's due to a back problem.

The 25-year-old initially sustained the injury in England's tour of West Indies earlier this year.

Warwickshire ruled Stone out for two weeks following a reoccurrence of the issue in training at Edgbaston, but it has now been announced he will not return this season, meaning he will miss the rest of the Ashes.

"Olly had such a fantastic season in 2018 and looked set to play an important role for England, as well as ourselves this summer, after making his Test debut just two weeks ago," Warwickshire sport director Paul Farbrace said in a statement.

"We're obviously gutted to lose him just over a month after returning to senior cricket.

"Being able to bowl consistently at speeds in excess of 90 mph places huge demands on the body and, with Olly's season having ended prematurely, he will now work our medical and strength and conditioning teams to get stronger and fitter than ever."

England have already been without leading wicket-taker James Anderson due to a calf injury, while fellow fast bowler Mark Wood is out of the Ashes after undergoing knee surgery.

Jofra Archer boosted England by making his Test debut at Lord's this week, dismissing Cameron Bancroft for his first wicket in the format on Friday.

Luckless England paceman Olly Stone has been ruled out of the second Ashes Test due to a reoccurrence of a back injury.

Stone impressed with the ball on his Test debut against Ireland last month but missed out on a place in the side to face Australia in the Ashes opener at Edgbaston.

The 25-year-old quick flew home from England's tour of the West Indies earlier this year due to a bone stress injury to his lower back and has suffered another setback.

Warwickshire revealed the paceman will be out for two weeks due to another lower back issue on his left side, which he sustained in training at Edgbaston on Tuesday.

Sport director Paul Farbrace said: "It's really disappointing for Olly that he's been ruled out of action for such an important two weeks of cricket because of a reoccurrence of his back injury.

"At the moment there's a bit of inflammation, but he will undergo a scan later this afternoon [Wednesday] so that we know the full course of treatment that he can undertake with the club's medical team and with the support of the ECB.

"In the meantime, he needs to rest up before he can get his body strong again and ready to deal with the demands of being a fast bowler."

Jofra Archer is set to make his Test debut at Lord's next week after James Anderson suffered a recurrence of a calf injury on day one of England's defeat in Birmingham.

Paul Farbrace is to leave his position as England assistant coach after their tour of the Caribbean to take up the role as sporting director at Warwickshire.

The highly regarded coach is taking up a position left vacant by Ashley Giles, who departed Edgbaston to become managing director of England Men's Cricket.

Farbrace initially joined the England set-up as assistant to Peter Moores in 2014 having led Sri Lanka to World Twenty20 glory.

The timing of the 51-year-old's decision comes as somewhat of a surprise with a Cricket World Cup and a home Ashes series against Australia on the horizon in the coming months.

"I have had five fantastic years with England Cricket. It has been a brilliant experience working with world-class coaches, players and support staff," Farbrace, who will start with Warwickshire in March after England's T20I series against West Indies, told the ECB's official website.

"I have been fortunate to taste some genuine success and be part of the development of some excellent players, who have the world at their feet this summer.

"There is never a great time to leave an international set-up and despite what will be a fantastic summer for English cricket, the opportunity to shape the future of one of the game's biggest counties was too much to resist. 

"It would have been tough for me to have turned down the opportunity once Warwickshire showed an interest in me.

"Finally, I would like to thank the ECB, and in particular, Trevor Bayliss, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root and Ashley Giles for their support in what has been a difficult decision to make. 

"I wish them every success this summer. I believe they have the right attributes to create history by lifting the World Cup in July and winning The Ashes that follows it."

Alongside head coach Trevor Bayliss, who will not be renewing his own contract when it expires in September, Farbrace has been instrumental in turning around England's fortunes in white-ball cricket.

Four years ago, England were reeling from being knocked out of the World Cup group stages, but are now the number-one ranked ODI side.

"I would like to thank Paul for all his efforts over the last five years as a key figure in England's success across the red and white ball formats," Giles said.

"Paul was integral, alongside, Andrew Strauss, Trevor Bayliss and Eoin Morgan, in transforming our white ball strategy, which has seen us become the best team in the world leading into a World Cup year.

"His efforts in developing players in the elite environment will benefit him in his new role at Edgbaston.

"I will now start the process to find a successor and work closely with our existing set-up to ensure we have everything in place ahead of a busy summer of international cricket."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.