The Golden State Warriors make their fifth straight NBA finals, are they better than Jordan's Bulls?

By May 21, 2019
Leighton Levy

Leighton Levy is a journalist with 28 years’ experience covering crime, entertainment, and sports. He joined the staff at SportsMax.TV as a content editor two years ago and is enjoying the experience of developing sports content and new ideas. At SportsMax.tv he is pursuing his true passion - sports.

Related items

  • Pelicans pick up coach Gentry's option for 2020-21 Pelicans pick up coach Gentry's option for 2020-21

    The New Orleans Pelicans' busy start to the offseason has continued with the team picking up their option on coach Alvin Gentry's contract for the 2020-21 campaign.

    New Orleans have reportedly agreed a blockbuster trade to send Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers, with a number of players and picks coming the other way.

    The Pelicans already boast the number one pick in Thursday's NBA Draft, too, with former Duke sensation Zion Williamson seemingly set to join the team.

    And the latest in a series of moves apparently intended to build for the future has seen Gentry - coach since 2015 - handed an extension.

    The 64-year-old is 145-183 since taking over, leading the Pelicans to the playoffs in 2017-18 but falling short last season amid off-court drama involving wantaway star Davis.

    Pelicans executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin said in a statement on Tuesday: "We couldn't be happier to extend our relationship with Alvin.

    "He is exactly the right coach at the right time for this franchise. As I have mentioned several times previously, the shared vision we have for the future of Pelicans basketball both on and off the floor will enable us to build a roster that fits both culturally and tactically.

    "Perhaps more importantly, the relationship we have built over our many years together will enable us to challenge, empower and further one another and our franchise."

  • Two injured in shooting during Raptors' championship parade Two injured in shooting during Raptors' championship parade

    Two people were injured in a shooting during the Toronto Raptors' championship parade on Monday, police have said.

    The shooting occurred in Nathan Phillips Square near Bay Street and Albert Street.

    Toronto Police said two people suffered "serious but not life threatening" injuries and two people were taken into custody while two firearms were recovered.

    Last week the Raptors won their first ever NBA title, beating the Golden State Warriors in six games of the Finals.

    There were estimated to be over one million people at the championship parade.

     

     

  • LaMelo Ball to play in Australia's NBL LaMelo Ball to play in Australia's NBL

    While Lonzo Ball is on his way from the Los Angeles Lakers to the New Orleans Pelicans, younger brother LaMelo Ball is heading across the globe.

    The 17-year-old announced on Monday he will sign a 'Next Stars' contract with Illawarra Hawks of Australia's National Basketball League (NBL).

    "My agents did a ton of research on the options I had to play this coming season and Australia really made sense for me," Ball told ESPN.

    "They have a really strong league, with excellent coaches and great players, including former and future NBA players, and great strength and conditioning programmes.

    "My goal is to be the top pick in next year's [NBA] Draft and I feel they can help me reach that goal. Also, the timing of the season works well with the timing of next year's Draft."

    NBL CEO Jeremy Loeliger said: "We couldn't be more excited to have LaMelo coming to join the NBL this season. I think it's a real win-win situation for everyone involved.

    "It gives him a fantastic opportunity to play against some hardened professionals, which I think will do wonders in terms of getting him ready for his rookie year in the NBA.

    "He'll get the chance to answer a lot of questions being asked by a lot of people - and everything I've seen makes me think he's going to take a lot of them by surprise."

    Ball returned to high school basketball last season at SPIRE Academy in Ohio after a short stint playing professionally in Lithuania.

    RJ Hampton, a five-star recruit from in the 2019 class, could be the new model for top high school prospects after he turned down the likes of Duke, Kansas, Memphis and the rest of the NCAA to play professionally for the NBL's New Zealand Breakers.

    "I had already decided to play in the NBL prior to RJ's decision, I just hadn't yet narrowed down the team," Ball said. "But having RJ there only adds to the excitement. I think it will be a good experience for both of us to be there at the same time and to be able to play against one another."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.