EPL

Rumour Has It: Manchester City willing to pay €150m for Kane

By Sports Desk August 13, 2021

Harry Kane remains a Tottenham player with the new Premier League season set to commence.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has declared their interest in signing the England international.

The situation has been at a standstill and remains unresolved.

 

TOP STORY - CITY READY TO UP KANE BID

Manchester City are willing to pay €150m (£127m) for Harry Kane as they try to convince Tottenham to sell their captain, claims The Guardian via Fabrizio Romano.

Spurs have reiterated Kane is not for sale this off-season despite the forward's reported request to leave late last season.

Tottenham turned down a €117m (£100m) bid previously, which is the same amount City spent to sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa.

 

ROUND-UP

- AS have reported that Paris Saint-Germain will look to sign Cristiano Ronaldo in 2022 as a replacement given the anticipated exit of Kylian Mbappe, whose contract expires next year. Mbappe is a long-time target for Real Madrid.

- Tottenham have ramped up their bid to sign Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic, amid interest from Atletico Madrid claims Sky Sport Italia. Spurs will offer €60m (£51m) including bonuses.

- Corriere dello Sport reports that Barcelona are shopping around Philippe Coutinho, who has been offered to Lazio, Milan and Inter.

- Tammy Abraham remains unconvinced about moving to Roma despite meeting with the Italian club who had agreed terms with Chelsea, reports Corriere dello Sport.

- The Sun claims Everton have joined Tottenham, Inter and Zenit in pursuing Napoli skipper Lorenzo Insigne.

Related items

  • Dortmund sign Haller as Haaland replacement Dortmund sign Haller as Haaland replacement

    Borussia Dortmund have completed the signing of Ajax striker Sebastien Haller on a four-year deal worth a reported €36million.

    The 28-year-old joins the Bundesliga side following the sale of Erling Haaland to Manchester City, with Dortmund also landing exciting forward Karim Adeyemi from RB Salzburg earlier in the transfer window.

    After a disappointing stint in the Premier League with West Ham, Haller excelled in Holland with Ajax during a prolific 18-month spell that included 11 goals in just eight Champions League appearances in the 2021-22 season.

    That included a four-goal haul in Ajax's first group-stage match against Sporting, as well as goals in both of their fixtures against Dortmund. All in all, he scored in all but one of Ajax's Champions League matches – the exception being a 1-0 defeat to Besiktas in the second leg of the Round of 16.

     

    Haller also finished top of the Eredivisie scoring charts with 21 goals last term and has history in Germany, where he scored 33 goals and registered 19 assists during a two-season stint with Eintracht Frankfurt.

    Dortmund confirmed Haller's arrival on their official website on Wednesday, with the Ivory Coast international to take Haaland's number nine shirt from this coming season.

    "We are very pleased that we were able to sign Sebastien Haller, a seasoned center-forward who recently caused a sensation in the Champions League, but who also knows the Bundesliga in particular and has already proven his class and high finishing quality there," Dortmund's new sports director Sebastian Kehl said. 

    "The overall package is very promising. Sebastien has a high level of physical presence and is also very resilient physically. With his experience, he can give our young players support and stability on the offensive. In the talks with us, he made it clear that he would like to achieve something with BVB."

    Dortmund begin the new season with a DFB-Pokal clash against 1860 Munich on July 26, with their Bundesliga campaign starting at home against Bayer Leverkusen on August 6.

  • Women's Euros: Putellas' presence will motivate Spain after injury blow, says Guijarro Women's Euros: Putellas' presence will motivate Spain after injury blow, says Guijarro

    Alexia Putellas' presence at Spain's matches will motivate them to perform well at the Women's Euros, according to team-mate Patri Guijarro, after the Ballon d'Or winner was ruled out of the tournament.

    Barcelona star Putellas, who has scored 27 goals in 100 international appearances, will miss Euro 2022 after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury in training on Tuesday.

    Putellas' absence is a huge blow for Spain, with the 28-year-old, who top-scored in the Champions League with 11 goals last season, considered one of the best players in the women's game.

    But Guijarro, another part of an all-conquering Barcelona team which won all 30 domestic league games in 2021-22, says Putellas simply being present will give Spain a boost.

    "We are not going to deny that yesterday it was a really hard day," she said in a media conference. "It hit us, because we know that Alexia is fundamental inside of the pitch, as is shown, but also outside of it. 

    "Obviously we will be very close to cheer her up, to give her energy, to motivate her in any sense, but she has been the first one motivating us. 

    "She was here today and will be present in our first match. This will give us even more energy to compete and to win. 

    "Regarding the roles, as [fellow forward] Mariona [Caldentey] said, we all have to accept our responsibility to try to replace her between all of us, all the good things that she makes, with a plus from everyone."

    Spain, who are also without record goalscorer Jennifer Hermoso after she suffered a ligament injury of her own, begin their Group B campaign against Finland on Friday.

    Earlier on Wednesday, Barcelona president Joan Laporta used the unveiling of Franck Kessie to wish Putellas well in her recovery.

    "She had injured herself, and from here I send all the support from the club, from all the people that love her," he said.

    "We want her to recover as soon as possible, and we are all here to help her."

  • Fabianski 'honoured and proud' as goalkeeper agrees new West Ham deal Fabianski 'honoured and proud' as goalkeeper agrees new West Ham deal

    Lukasz Fabianski says he feels "honoured and proud" to continue representing West Ham after signing a one-year contract extension with the Premier League side.

    The Poland international has been a regular during his four seasons at the London Stadium, making 139 appearances in all competitions.

    His previous contract expired on July 1, but West Ham confirmed on Wednesday that a new deal – which contains an option for a further 12 months – has been agreed.

    "I'm obviously pleased and very happy that I can stay for one more year," said Fabianski, who has also played for Swansea City and Arsenal in the Premier League.

    "The way the club has developed and started to reach its potential, it's been really nice to be part of it.

    "I can see how much attention this club draws when it comes to interacting with the fans or the way it's being presented in the media.

    "I think there's a lot of interest into the club, so it feels like this is one of the bigger ones in the country, so I'm just honoured and proud to be part of this club for a few years now."

    Fabianski will again face competition from Alphonse Areola for a starting spot next season, with the latter turning his loan move from Paris Saint-Germain into a permanent deal last month. 

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.